Shoutbox

[Request] Hide Contact List Feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature (/showthread.php?tid=74984)

[Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Lukeyy19 on 06-02-2007 at 01:10 PM

i wanted to draw script developers eyes to this - http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=21846

as im wondering if this is possible via a Plus Script

(also on a side note i was thinking about trying to contact Patchou directly to see if this was something he would be intrested in trying to incorperate into plus itself, but i thought this would be the only way)

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Eljay on 06-02-2007 at 03:23 PM

Beta-ish version I have hacked together :P. I don't really know how to add a button to the window in a reliable way so I just made it work with a script menu entry.

Tested on WLM 8.5, and apparently works on 8.1 as well (according to Plik :P).

For anyone who knows how to add a button for show/hide, feel free to use this script for the resizing part if you want.

Updates:
v1.0.001: Changed height for WLM 8.1, and general optimisation.

Download Hide Contact List v1.0.001
Previous downloads = 14

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Matti on 06-02-2007 at 03:29 PM

Nice idea and script! (y) Simple and well thought, that's how I like it. :)

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by CookieRevised on 06-02-2007 at 05:07 PM

Handle doesn't need to be global, can be obtained the moment you want to hide/show. But anyways, when I use it with WLM 8.1.0178, the height of the "me area" is 176 (not 191 pixels). This gives a nicer result here and the word wheel isn't half crunshed together either with this... ;)

Nice idea for this though, should be in WLM itself :p

PS: if((RECT.ReadDWORD(12) - RECT.ReadDWORD(4)) == newHeight) return true;
    else return false;
=>
    return (RECT.ReadDWORD(12) - RECT.ReadDWORD(4)) === newHeight;

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by felipEx on 06-02-2007 at 05:11 PM

Nice! but you need a hotkey to hide/show the contactlist window :)

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Eljay on 06-02-2007 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Handle doesn't need to be global, can be obtained the moment you want to hide/show. But anyways, when I use it with WLM 8.1.0178, the height of the "me area" is 176 (not 191 pixels). This gives a nicer result here and the word wheel isn't half crunshed together either with this... ;)

Nice idea for this though, should be in WLM itself :p

PS: if((RECT.ReadDWORD(12) - RECT.ReadDWORD(4)) == newHeight) return true;
    else return false;
=>
    return (RECT.ReadDWORD(12) - RECT.ReadDWORD(4)) === newHeight;

Yeah already noticed the second part myself, like I said I just quickly hacked it together :P

Updated original post.
Download version 1.0.001 now!
RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Felu on 06-02-2007 at 06:34 PM

BUG: Hide contact list and resize window. Contact list appears again :O.

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Eljay on 06-02-2007 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
BUG: Hide contact list and resize window. Contact list appears again :O.

That's hardly a bug seeing as the contact list isn't technically hidden, all this script does is resize the window so the contact list is out of the frame. Nothing I can do about it afaik...
RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by CookieRevised on 06-02-2007 at 07:41 PM

There is a bug though (well more than one... but that's understandable for a quick mashup) with 'hiding' the contactlist and then closing it, opening it and 'showing' it again. Or somthing like that. I really didn't payed much attention at what I was doing. Anyways, the list resized even smaller (I expect height 0, but since Messenger itself forced a minimum height, it reset to the minimum height (and thus PSM dissapeared)...

Also, signing out and/or signing in with a different user hasn't been taken in account yet. So that doesn't work properly (yet). But you know that already I suppose...
=> maybe when the user signs out and the contact list is shown and the state is 'hidden', enlarge the size to a minimum (eg: like  635 pixels (for 8.0 and 8.1) or 670 pixels (for 8.5), this is just high enough to accomodate all elements on the sign in page, and not looking too cramped), then as soon as the user is signed in (OnEvent_Signin), decrease the height to the normal 'hidden' size.

If this script is 'final' and working in all circumstances, I'd definatly add this to my favorites.

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Lukeyy19 on 06-02-2007 at 07:45 PM

wow thanks for your help, thats a start, still it does need a button really, maybe you could make like a hotkey or something?

like Crtl+H to hide or something? is that possible?

also how can i make it hide just a few more pixels as there is still a slight white bar?

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by CookieRevised on 06-02-2007 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukeyy19
still it does need a button really
A button isn't possible with just scripting

quote:
like Crtl+H to hide or something?
CTRL+H is already in use by Messenger itself (its the word wheel).

quote:
also how can i make it hide just a few more pixels as there is still a slight white bar?
download the latest version to start with.

Then go to the source of the script (Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts > Hide Contact List > Edit) and change this line:
code:
var newHeight = (Messenger.Version >= 8.5) ? 182 : 176;
into
code:
var newHeight = (Messenger.Version >= 8.5) ? 181 : 176;

RE: RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Lukeyy19 on 06-02-2007 at 08:29 PM

quote:
quote:
oh right... damn

quote:
quote:
like Crtl+H to hide or something?
CTRL+H is already in use by Messenger itself (its the word wheel).
well i could always be a diffrent hotkey couldent it?

quote:
quote:
download the latest version.

thanks for edit, 1px wasnt enough, ive changed it to 179, and thats done the trick, cheers
RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by CookieRevised on 06-03-2007 at 04:59 AM

quote:
thanks for edit, 1px wasnt enough, ive changed it to 179, and thats done the trick, cheers
??? It shows fine with 181 pixels here... strange.... can you give a screenshot of the unhidden contact list? (but with the default top menu bar visible; that's easier to measure :p)
RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by scott2010_h on 06-03-2007 at 09:35 AM

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by Lukeyy19

... Or
You do it the dirty way and make a window and poll the contact list for change. (I think. I may be wrong about that.)
quote:
* scott2010_h wonders if Lukeyy19 is still using WLM 8.1
RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by hmaster on 06-03-2007 at 11:03 AM

Couldn't you add the button with a dll?

RE: [Request] Hide Contact List Feature by Lukeyy19 on 06-03-2007 at 11:34 AM

lol does nobody believe me?

i have 8.5!

[Image: 85jm0.jpg]