Shoutbox

In need of desperate help, my DP's wont remove - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: In need of desperate help, my DP's wont remove (/showthread.php?tid=74988)

In need of desperate help, my DP's wont remove by Keikonium on 06-02-2007 at 06:48 PM

Okay, after about an hour and a half of removing WLM (8.1) from my computer, I finally installed it again. The problem being, I have blank display pictures that I can't remove from my display pictures list. So this is what I have done:

1. Uninstall WLM, SP3, MDL, MPL and remove all folders associated with them then rebooted.
2. Removed everything related to messenger in "C:\Documents and Settings\**USERNAME**\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger"
3. Removed all registry keys hoping that would help too (HKCU, and HKLM only)
4. Rebooted

Installed a fresh WLM 8.1 onto my system. And ALL my display pictures, emoticons, winks and everything were still frickin there @_@!!? How's that possible if I removed everything. Am I missing something?

I've done this twice (with the second time involving a reboot after each thing I did, and cleaning with crap cleaner). NOTHING seems to work.

Can anyone help me :(?

RE: In need of desperate help, my DP's wont remove by scott2010_h on 06-02-2007 at 07:16 PM

Did you follow this guide?
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!

RE: In need of desperate help, my DP's wont remove by Keikonium on 06-02-2007 at 07:56 PM

No I hadn't actually, I will do that right now, and let you know how it goes ^_^! Thanks :).

EDIT: Thank god for you and cookie ^_^. That guide worked :)! Thanks so much guys, my messenger is back to normal :).