Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install (/showthread.php?tid=75012)

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install by Fat-Donkey on 06-03-2007 at 11:12 AM

I have downloaded Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta and it downloaded the correct way without any problems. I clicked on 'Run' after it had downloaded, i then clicked 'Accept.' The second part to installing came up, it said something like 'we are now preparing your computer for installation.' It was going fine for a little while and then everything just cut off and the installation never worked. I tried re-installing again and the installation still didn't work. The exact same messenger has been successfully installed on another laptop but for some reason, not the one that i use the most.

Could someone please explain what the problem could be or does anyone receive the same problem?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install by Phillip on 06-03-2007 at 11:15 AM

I had the same problem. I downloaded the Spanish version and it worked fine. Then installed the English dll.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install by Eljay on 06-03-2007 at 11:16 AM

Please follow the instructions contained in Felu's reply to WLM 8.5 Beta installation problem.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install by duck! on 06-03-2007 at 11:16 AM

Try this
Liveside.net Fix for installation problems

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta won't install by Fat-Donkey on 06-03-2007 at 01:36 PM

Thanks, i did exactly what the instructions said but the laptop still won't let me install messenger for some strange reason.