Shoutbox

RichEdit_SetCharFormat True parameter bug 4.21 - 4.23 (already have Rich text mode) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: RichEdit_SetCharFormat True parameter bug 4.21 - 4.23 (already have Rich text mode) (/showthread.php?tid=75015)

RichEdit_SetCharFormat True parameter bug 4.21 - 4.23 (already have Rich text mode) by Flash on 06-03-2007 at 01:20 PM

i tryed this:
ChildWnd5_Update.RichEdit_SetCharFormat("Text_Update",true,0,0,0,0,0,0x0000008b,"")
ChildWnd5_Update.RichEdit_SetCharFormat("Text_Update",true,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,0x0000008b,"")
ChildWnd5_Update.RichEdit_SetCharFormat("Text_Update",true,1,1,1,1,1,0x0000008b,"")

i think bug with the true parameter '[boolean] SetOnSel'

if i set to true nothing change, and false colors work and others parameter to.

RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by Volv on 06-03-2007 at 02:01 PM

Doesn't appear to be working here either when SetOnSel is true (works fine when it's set to false).

EDIT: Maybe this requires something to be changed in the window xml file
* Volv checks now

EDIT #2: Figured it out, you need to change the text mode in the window schema file (within the RichEditControl's definition):

code:
<Attributes>
    <TextMode>Rich Text</TextMode>
</Attributes>
This is because the text mode defaults to plaintext.

Also, does anyone know how i would go about simulating a RichEdit_GetCharFormat function (using API or otherwise)?
RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by Flash on 06-03-2007 at 03:30 PM

Difinitvely the true parameter broke all cmd

and the truely order for RGB is 0xRRGGBB but in msgplus we need to convert the order to 0xBBGGRR why?

- how i can scroll down the richeditbox, for got my last line added?

RE: RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by deAd on 06-03-2007 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Flash
and the truely order for RGB is 0xRRGGBB but in msgplus we need to convert the order to 0xBBGGRR why?

that's a standard windows thing. Passing colors in the Windows API requires what's called a COLORREF, which is basically just a backwards hex color.
RE: RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by Volv on 06-04-2007 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Difinitvely the true parameter broke all cmd
Did you read my post? :p

quote:
- how i can scroll down the richeditbox, for got my last line added?
If you mean using code, try placing this (whenever you want the box to scroll down to the bottom):
code:
PlusWnd.EditBox_SetCurSel( 'myRichEditControl', PlusWnd.GetControlText('myRichEditControl').length, PlusWnd.GetControlText('myRichEditControl').length);
I'm not sure if it will work though :p
RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by Flash on 06-04-2007 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv

Did you read my post? :p -> yes i tryed rich text mode and nothing change.

If you mean using code, try placing this (whenever you want the box to scroll down to the bottom):
code:
PlusWnd.EditBox_SetCurSel( 'myRichEditControl', PlusWnd.GetControlText('myRichEditControl').length, PlusWnd.GetControlText('myRichEditControl').length);
I'm not sure if it will work though :p

thanx i try this now :)

ok volv That work only if i click in the box else nothing :(

i think i need to set him  to active select or default or something :|

RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by Volv on 06-05-2007 at 07:02 AM

quote:
-> yes i tryed rich text mode and nothing change.
Are you sure you've formatted your richeditcontrol attributes correctly?

code:
<Control xsi:type="RichEditControl" Id="txtMessage">
    <Position Top="100" Width="362" Height="170" Left="13"/>
    <Caption>Email</Caption>
    <Attributes>
    </Attributes>
</Control>

RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat parameter bug 4.22 by Flash on 06-05-2007 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
-> yes i tryed rich text mode and nothing change.
Are you sure you've formatted your richeditcontrol attributes correctly?

code:
<Control xsi:type="RichEditControl" Id="txtMessage">
    <Position Top="100" Width="362" Height="170" Left="13"/>
    <Caption>Email</Caption>
    <Attributes>
    </Attributes>
</Control>

yes Master
code:
<Control xsi:type="RichEditControl" Id="Text_Update">
                <Position Top="21" Left="9" Width="109" Height="36"/>
                <Attributes>
                    <ReadOnly>true</ReadOnly>
                    <Multiline>true</Multiline>
                </Attributes>
                <BackgroundColor><GlobalColor>grey</GlobalColor></BackgroundColor>
            </Control>

RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat True parameter bug 4.21 - 4.23 (already have Rich text mode) by Flash on 06-07-2007 at 03:11 AM

i try this but that not work :|

code:
Interop.Call("User32", "SetFocus", w.GetControlHandle("Text_Update"))

RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat True parameter bug 4.21 - 4.23 (already have Rich text mode) by Patchou on 06-19-2007 at 05:45 PM

Send me a plsc file with a clear example of the bug to mplus@patchou.com and I'll check it out. As far as I know, there'S no problem in any of the RichEdit functions (but I may be wrong of course so I need to be sure of what you're trying to do exactly).

RE: RE: RichEdit_SetCharFormat True parameter bug 4.21 - 4.23 (already have Rich text mode) by Flash on 06-20-2007 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Send me a plsc file with a clear example of the bug to mplus@patchou.com and I'll check it out. As far as I know, there'S no problem in any of the RichEdit functions (but I may be wrong of course so I need to be sure of what you're trying to do exactly).

u received my Email ?