Shoutbox

MP3 Player - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MP3 Player (/showthread.php?tid=75091)

MP3 Player by saralk on 06-05-2007 at 09:12 PM

I am going on an expedition for 4 weeks soon, and so I need an MP3 player that fills the following criteria...

At least 4GB capacity (that's 1 gig a week!)
MUST use commonly available replaceable batteries, i.e. AA or AAA
Quite cheap (< £30)
Good battery life

Bonuses:
Ability to have playlists

I am not too fussed about things like FM radio, colour screen, 10 jillion codecs and whatnot. Just something that plays music.

I have had trouble with those generic no brand MP3 players that you get off eBay. So i'm looking for some sort of brand, even if it is a crap brand like Logik, since they will be a bit more reliable, and at least I can look on the internet for reviews.

If anyone has any suggestions i'll be very greatful.

RE: MP3 Player by toddy on 06-05-2007 at 09:21 PM

OMG u can actually get them that cheap :O:O:O

long URL [cgi.ebay.co.uk]

not standards batteries tho

RE: MP3 Player by Dr4g0n on 06-05-2007 at 10:15 PM

Sumvision M18 MP3 Player 4GB

No information on batteries there, but it matches everything else.

RE: MP3 Player by MeEtc on 06-05-2007 at 10:42 PM

There aren't many mp3 players that I know of that run off of regular batteries. My suggestion to you is to go and get a CD player that supports mp3 playback. CD players are pretty cheap these days. When you do this, simply burn mp3's onto a CD as data, and voila! instant playlist support. Swap CD's to change your 'playlist' :)

RE: MP3 Player by insomniac on 06-05-2007 at 11:25 PM

i got a MP3 player a couple of weeks ago with 4Gb but it waznt cheap all up it cost around $400 NZD including a universal charger valued at $80 NZD thats cheap for over here!

RE: MP3 Player by joey on 06-06-2007 at 08:37 AM

yes, and she asked for one around £30 not £200-odd.

id recommend ebay, i doubt you'll find many new ones that cheap for what youre wanting.

RE: MP3 Player by Zahid™ on 06-06-2007 at 02:56 PM

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/...Bsolid%2Bstate.htm

RE: MP3 Player by albert on 06-06-2007 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
Link posted

No offense meant, but the design and the never heard of branding makes me wonder about that product's quality.

Saralk, as mentioned above, rare are the player that have a 4 gb capacity that contain replaceable batteries.. If I were you I'd wonder if rechargeable batteries are actually something you could deal with, else, try to find something with lower storage capacity.

To be quite honest, I don't know how much 30E is in dollars, but I would really think that the best mp3 you can get with that kind of capacity would be a creative zen micro, and since they're not in production anymore, i'm guessing ebay will having them for pretty cheap.

Zen Micro Link (without AAA battery)

Sandisk Sansa Models (with AAA battery)
RE: MP3 Player by toddy on 06-06-2007 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5134555/Trail/C%24cip%3D49550.Sound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24cip%3D49628.MP3%2Bplayers%3EC%24cip%3D49630.MP3%2Bplayers%2Bwith%2Bportable%2Bsolid%2Bstate.htm

No offense meant, but the design and the never heard of branding makes me wonder about that product's quality.

Saralk, as mentioned above, rare are the player that have a 4 gb capacity that contain replaceable batteries.. If I were you I'd wonder if rechargeable batteries are actually something you could deal with, else, try to find something with lower storage capacity.

To be quite honest, I don't know how much 30E is in dollars, but I would really think that the best mp3 you can get with that kind of capacity would be a creative zen micro, and since they're not in production anymore, i'm guessing ebay will having them for pretty cheap.

Link
zen's are still £60+ plus saralk wants an mp3 that uses normal batteries
RE: MP3 Player by albert on 06-06-2007 at 03:36 PM

@ toddy.. refresh the page.

RE: MP3 Player by toddy on 06-06-2007 at 03:38 PM

quote:
@ toddy.. refresh the page.
saralk lives in england, where zens are still quite dear

HTH
RE: RE: MP3 Player by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 06-06-2007 at 05:41 PM

quote:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/...Bsolid%2Bstate.htm

Ive got that MP3 player. its really good. I only got it recently but its been reliable so far and the quality is good.
RE: MP3 Player by saralk on 06-07-2007 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
My suggestion to you is to go and get a CD player that supports mp3 playback.

That's a good idea, but like I said i'm going trekking for four weeks. CD players are quite big, and fiddly to use, and if we're going to be on a bumpy train or car, they might be a bit to skippy. Plus they are just clumsy and the lens would end up getting dust on/CDs would get scratched

quote:
I don't know how much 30E is in dollars

£30 ~ 60USD

RE: MP3 Player by Twikki on 06-07-2007 at 03:27 PM

just get a walkman with like 8 tapes [2 for each week]