Shoutbox

Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X (/showthread.php?tid=75099)

Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by alebowgm on 06-05-2007 at 11:26 PM

Hey all,

Recently I wound up scoring a Pismo laptop which I have gone and put OS X on. Now I have been using Msg Plus on the Windows side for years and I know that Patchou does not develop a OS X version of the software, but I was wondering if anyone know of any similar software for the Mac, or at least a clone program that allows for me to rename my contacts. That is perhaps one of my favourite features of MSG Plus Live and really need it, or something similar to it, on the OS X side of things...

Thanx in advance!!!

RE: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by Rolando on 06-06-2007 at 12:46 AM

I don't think there's one. I tried googling but I found nothing. I think you're out of luck.

However, wait for another member to reply, since I don't own a Mac I'm not sure if there's one- or not.

RE: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by Chris4 on 06-06-2007 at 12:48 AM

As far as I know.. there isn't! So I'm afraid your out of luck.

RE: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by andrewdodd13 on 06-06-2007 at 09:47 AM

Although Pidgin is a multi-protocol chat client which can rename contacts - however, IMO it's not as pretty as the official MSN client - even the one for OSX.

RE: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by square87 on 06-08-2007 at 11:13 AM

Hello Alebowgm.
Try aMSN. Last version is 0.97 beta.
Bye

RE: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by joey on 06-08-2007 at 11:19 AM

im a bit wary of that version, as itsa beta, its still very buggy, but aside from that its quite good looking compared to others available, and there's a fair few skins to choose from too, along with some good plugins. just be careful sing v-0.97 beta =p

RE: Similar program to Msg Plus Live for MAC OS X by square87 on 06-08-2007 at 11:36 AM

Hello ICD.

My mistake, it's not a beta it's a Release Candidate :P
and it's very stable.
Bye.