Shoutbox

WLM 8.5 (BETA) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: WLM 8.5 (BETA) (/showthread.php?tid=75112)

WLM 8.5 (BETA) by MikeFairbrother on 06-06-2007 at 07:16 AM

Hiya,

Firstly; I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, all updates included up-to-date and I'm using the latest BETA of Windows Live Messenger.
I'm also using the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live (Yesterday).

Ok guys, so basically I don't know if it's happening to anyone else, however when I first installed WLM I had no problems, and then I installed MsgPlus; to which I then did get problems. I found at times, my toolbar at the top of the WLM box (with minimize etc on) wasn't there. I also noticed it didn't show in my taskbar at the bottom of my screen.

Sometimes, I could see the toolbar at the top of the WLM box, however when this was there; I couldn't minimize WLM and it still didn't show in my taskbar.

Whenever I ended / exited WLM, it said there was an error.

Another thing I've also noticed since doing some tests (below) is that I couldn't send my messages properly with MsgPlus installed, I got "Messenger cannot send this message" or whatever it says, a lot.

From this I uninstalled the BETA and put back 8.0 - however, still had problems?

Following that, I removed all of WLM features. I made sure registry entries were deleted and so were all folders related to it. I also uninstalled MsgPlus.

I reinstalled WLM 8.5 (BETA) and all was working fine. Could send messages perfectly, could minimize, could see WLM in my taskbar etc etc.

I then installed MsgPlus; and it all started again.

Yes, I understand before you all go off on one about it, WLM 8.5 is Beta and therefore MsgPlus isn't yet "properly" built for it; however I just thought I'd let you know incase you want to take a look and see if you can resolve the problem.

I dunno if it's a conflict with WLM 8.5, MsgPlus and Vista or what; just very odd!

Anyway, I've uninstalled MsgPlus for now and I'll probably just install it when 8.5 is released properly and/or MsgPlus is updated.

Have a great day people :)

RE: WLM 8.5 (BETA) by MikeFairbrother on 06-24-2007 at 09:42 AM

After further research into this, I've found that it was a plugin called 'Enhancer' which was causing this problem.

If anyone has had the same problem, just remove/stop this plugin.

Sorry for any confusion :-)

Hope you are all well...

RE: WLM 8.5 (BETA) by Patchou on 06-24-2007 at 07:43 PM

Thanks you for the information. I hope the developer of the Enhancer script will be reading this to make the appropriate modifications before the version is released officially.