Shoutbox

I want Messenger Plus Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: I want Messenger Plus Live (/showthread.php?tid=75139)

I want Messenger Plus Live by kato9096 on 06-07-2007 at 11:48 AM

support display others peoples IP address

RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by Supersonicdarky on 06-07-2007 at 11:55 AM

plus! will never have that feature, however IPGet can show you the ip adress of those with who you have a direct connection with (game, file transfer, webcam etc...)

RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by KatieScarlett on 06-07-2007 at 12:13 PM

or tell them to type "(!IP)" (Without the quotes)

KatieScarlett.

RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by Volv on 06-07-2007 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kato9096
What does that even mean? Is this a request or what?
If you're not even going to take the time of day to write a post which makes sense at any level then why expect to have helpful or useful feedback/answers?

Your topic says you want Messenger Plus! Live, you can download Messenger Plus! Live at www.msgpluslive.net/download/

Others have interpreted your post as a request for getting your contact's IP address. Why would you want to do this, and why should Messenger Plus! do this? There is no reason - if your contact wants to give you their IP Address then they will do so using the (!IP) tag as Katie stated.

EDIT: To those who posted in reply to this post I would just like to add that this is a Help & Support forum, if it was indeed a request for a function then it appears to be neither help or support - since I couldn't comprehend the purpose behind the post I tried my best and decided the user was asking where to get Messenger Plus (ie. as a request for help/support).
Topics should also reflect the contents of the thread. Threads also shouldn't rely on the topic names to explain the issue at hand (and be incomprehendable otherwise).
RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by stoshrocket on 06-07-2007 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
What does that even mean? Is this a request or what?
If you're not even going to take the time of day to write a post which makes sense at any level then why expect to have helpful or useful feedback/answers?

Your topic says you want Messenger Plus! Live, you can download Messenger Plus! Live at www.msgpluslive.net/download/

Others have interpreted your post as a request for getting your contact's IP address. Why would you want to do this, and why should Messenger Plus! do this? There is no reason - if your contact wants to give you their IP Address then they will do so using the (!IP) tag as Katie stated.

Jesus christ... Relax, no need to bite her head off... A simple suggestion to expand on her posts and make the title more directive to the topic would've been enough... Besides, kato isn't even english, ever thought they might not be able to speak fluent english? Futhermore, her post did make sense, you're just throwing a hissy fit because the grammer isnt tip top and she put a wrong title. Next time point some one to their errors, dont go grabbing the shotgun straight away.
RE: RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by vikke on 06-07-2007 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KatieScarlett

KatieScarlett.

What if they don't have Plus! ?
RE: RE: RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by andrewdodd13 on 06-07-2007 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
quote:
Originally posted by KatieScarlett

KatieScarlett.

What if they don't have Plus! ?

Then tell them they should get it... :p.

Seriously though, there's not much you can really do with a persons IP address (assuming they've patched all the old windows exploitz, etc.) apart from geographical lookup - which isn't really useful anyway.

If someone's not going to give you their IP, then you shouldn't be asking for it.

If they're just too unskilled to find their own, point them to www.whatismyip.com. :p
RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by vaccination on 06-07-2007 at 04:27 PM

[offtopic]
It actually makes -near- perfect sense, if you add two tinsy little words: 'to'; 'of'

"I want Messenger Plus Live to support display of others peoples IP address"

Most likely due to the fact that (s)he might be foreign, as methos said.

Surely it wouldn't of been too hard to work that out?
[/offtopic]

RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by kato9096 on 06-07-2007 at 04:49 PM

i want to display my f.d IP(in the list)

RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by ahmetgns on 06-08-2007 at 11:53 AM

Offtopic: In such thread topics, I use three dots which people can guess that sentence will continue inside the post

I want Messenger Plus! Live...
...to support displaying of my contacts IPs

Yet, I don't think this thread's topic is suitable for such a trick :P

RE: I want Messenger Plus Live by stoshrocket on 06-08-2007 at 11:58 AM

quote:
i want to display my f.d IP(in the list)
So you want to just display your own I.P address in your name/personal message? Or perform a function which would result in all of your contatcs I.P addresses being displayed as their personal message(s)? The first might be possible, yet the second would not.