Shoutbox

How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? (/showthread.php?tid=75164)

How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? by MC Inferno on 06-08-2007 at 01:05 AM

I know I probably should have set up a script before this was released, but is there anyway so find out how often a file has been downloaded on my website?

I wanna find out how many ppl have downloaded my mixtape you see...

Cheers, Inferno

RE: How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? by Voldemort on 06-08-2007 at 01:32 AM

getting your bandwidth and dividing it by the size of your file :p bad thing is, it isn't accurate cause it would also count the bandwidth your site used... but you *may* be able to get a nice estimate

edit:
you should get the average bandwidth of non released songs' months and subtract it to the amount before doing the above ^^^

RE: How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? by albert on 06-08-2007 at 01:38 AM

Can't you actually see how many times any files have been downloaded with Cpanel's awstats?

RE: How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? by MeEtc on 06-08-2007 at 02:48 AM

put a php script in the middle between the link and teh file, and start tracking from now on :P

RE: How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? by joemailey on 06-08-2007 at 12:04 PM

If his site is proepr hosting.
and uses cpanel.
u can check the sites stats by either

awstats or webalizer. via cpanel.

RE: How many times has my mixtape being downloaded? by Ezra on 06-08-2007 at 12:08 PM

Check the access log files of apache* if you have access to it.

*Or whatever webserver you are using.