Shoutbox

Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! (/showthread.php?tid=75178)

Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by WaqasTariq on 06-08-2007 at 02:09 PM

Hello...

I was just playing GTA-VC on my computer when I saved the game after about 5 hours of play and then last night when I wanted to load the saved game Vista gave the blue screen of death and restarted (I didnt read what was written on the blue as I was having a drink a little far away)

Dont want any help on this just wanted to share with you people... as after than Vista ran fine (Y)

any thoughts why it would have happened?

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by Ezra on 06-08-2007 at 02:13 PM

BSOD's are usually because of driver problems.

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by Voldemort on 06-08-2007 at 02:46 PM

my vista install used to BSOD when it overheated :p i left it on my bed for a bit :p

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by Sypher on 06-08-2007 at 03:19 PM

What did the BSOD tell you? What did Vista tell you after rebooting?

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by John Anderton on 06-08-2007 at 03:24 PM

Its the NVIDIA driver in all probability. The latest NVIDIA drivers for Windows Vista are all beta. They release one every month. They do tend to do that so I suggest you fill up the form you get on their site where you downloaded the Vista Driver.

New drivers come out every month so keep updating regularly :)
This happened to me too for 2 games and I wanted to play them badly so I moved to XP just for that reason for some time ;)

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by xJ + on 06-08-2007 at 06:13 PM

One of the possiblities that blue screen will show up is what John have written above.
In my opinion, the blue screen you've probably would be caused by the saved game file as it might be corrupted. Blue screen occurs when there's an error with the software you have installed, including drivers, filmware, and spoiled hardware/s, or some other possiblities.

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by WaqasTariq on 06-08-2007 at 06:25 PM

Thanks guys(Y)

Vista is running normaly now and the NEW saved game is orking to :)

after rebooting vista acted normally

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by Sypher on 06-08-2007 at 06:53 PM

Yeah but normally if you have a BSOD, Vista gathers some information before rebooting. Afterwards you will be introduced to a message telling you the system has restarted unexpected, and it gives you a reason for it.

I got a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bluescreen, related to the videocard driver. That's what Vista told me atleast.

RE: Blue Screen of Death on VISTA!!! by John Anderton on 06-09-2007 at 09:56 PM

Btw for the record, it is more likely that the game is causing the driver to crash and windows can't restart it than the game being broken.

When in Vista a driver crashes, windows tries to restart it. Earlier versions would BSOD directly. But Vista manages to recover it almost every time. When it isn't is when you get a BSOD so note the error :)