Shoutbox

Results of the 2nd Contest Week - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Results of the 2nd Contest Week (/showthread.php?tid=75227)

Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Patchou on 06-10-2007 at 06:57 AM

Hello,

The 2nd week of the 6th Anniversary Contest has come to an end and because so many of you are still enjoying the game, trying to get your hands on some sweet prizes, I have decided that the contest would be extended until the end of the month. The fourth and last week of frenetic clicking will happen between June 22nd and June 28th, leaving a 12 day gap filled with bonus prizes, starting now! The official rules of the contest have been updated accordingly so for more details, go check them out.

Because some winners fail to answer the emails that are sent to them and because some others think that I won’t notice that they are cheating (once again, don’t bother, really), some good stuff is waiting for you during the next 12 days. All in all, this “week’s” bonus prizes are: 3 Nintendo Wii (yes, 3!) & Games & Controllers, 1 Playstation 3 & Game, 1 Xbox 360 Elite & Game and 40 Messenger Plus! shirts & Mousepads.

Remember that in order to participate to the contest, you need the very last version of Messenger Plus! installed (version 4.23). It took only 2 clicks to one of this week’s winners to get a prize and some winners have already posted pictures of their prizes on the forum. Make sure you and your friends try your best to be the next lucky persons who’s names will appear on these pages! And as these results show, you’re not alone….

Individual clicks since beginning: 60,333,619
Individual players since beginning: 1,384,872

Lowest amount of clicks on a particular point this week: 2
Highest amount of clicks on a particular point this week: 31,898

[Image: Heatmap_Week2_small.png] Heat map of every click. X marks the shirts, O marks the big prizes.

The list of this week's winners can be found at msgpluslive.net.
See you in 12 days!
Patchou

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by ahmetgns on 06-10-2007 at 07:02 AM

Patchou, what about individual heat maps?

One more thing: Seems people couldn't understand something, there are still horizontal, vertical and diagonal click lines :P

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Patchou on 06-10-2007 at 07:06 AM

Yep, some people can't even create a decent cheating script (not like it matters in the end anyway).

As for individual click maps (not heat maps), they may be available in the end of the contest, not before that :).

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by gamer007 on 06-10-2007 at 07:24 AM

3 Nintendo Wii's this week eh? And only about 500 people are clicking right now...

*Clicks until gamer007 wins a Wii or another prize*

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Volv on 06-10-2007 at 07:32 AM

Methinks I've had the most clicks in this contest :p

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Mike on 06-10-2007 at 07:37 AM

Lol, the diagonal line is also in this heatmap :P
I think that guy isn't checking the forums :D

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Conejin on 06-10-2007 at 07:54 AM

If the guy checked the forums, he wouldn't have time to make the funny line. :P

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by scott2010_h on 06-10-2007 at 07:57 AM

My attempt at an overlay:

[Image: qm7hmxyf-overlay.jpg]

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by SmashD on 06-10-2007 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scott2010_h
My attempt at an overlay:

Ehm, whats your point? Why "your" attempt? Sorry, I don't get it...

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by scott2010_h on 06-10-2007 at 08:20 AM

It was the first time i have ever done and overlay.
anyways...
[Image: lmao.gif]:
Winner of a Nintendo Wii + Extra Controllers and 2 Games

* Disqualified for cheating

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by vaccination on 06-10-2007 at 08:57 AM

Hot. I didn't click last week, but I think I will now with 3 Wiis in the pot :P

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by SmashD on 06-10-2007 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scott2010_h
It was the first time i have ever done and overlay.
anyways...
[Image: lmao.gif]:

I thing now I get your idea - you've blended the picture itself and the heatmap together, right? :P
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by markee on 06-10-2007 at 09:08 AM

Why did it need to be 3 wiis? An extra xbox 360 would have made me think about playing....

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by scott2010_h on 06-10-2007 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SmashD

I thing now I get your idea - you've blended the picture itself and the heatmap together, right? :P
that is right
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by vaccination on 06-10-2007 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Why did it need to be 3 wiis? An extra xbox 360 would have made me think about playing....
You could sell the Wii and get a xbox 360 :P
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by joey on 06-10-2007 at 09:16 AM

why does no-one want a wii?! they're sexy and stop you all from getting fat because of sitting in front of your computer all day! :P

i like the fact that in the bottom left corner, on the t-shirt logo, tonnes of people have clicked on the logo bit =p there's a lot of sheep in the contest aren't there?

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by NanaFreak on 06-10-2007 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
You could sell the Wii and get a xbox 360 :P
Wii's* =p you need multiple Wii's to get a XBox360 =p

and im still not gonna play... its just too addictive... and TBH i forgot about it =\
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by zach on 06-10-2007 at 09:51 AM

Awesome to see the clicking stats, I was going to ask if the clicks could be recorded and used to create one of those images!

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by absorbation on 06-10-2007 at 10:11 AM

Darn these exams! I don't get to waste my life on the contest now :P

45 prises left, whoo-hoo, first time I have seen all in play :banana:

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Chrono on 06-10-2007 at 10:33 AM

i want a wii :(

*kicks patchou :P*

quote:
Originally posted by ICD
why does no-one want a wii?! they're sexy and stop you all from getting fat

Be realistic, Most of the time you're sitting or will try to get on a comfortable sitting like position :P
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by rix on 06-10-2007 at 10:50 AM

Yeah, my main problem is that my ass keeps dieing during the clicking. :(

So.. a little calculation and about 0.000150828015% of all clicks have won.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by rix on 06-10-2007 at 11:26 AM

I saw Chromo on the market the other day. He was underpriced. ;)

Anyway, the next update is on Friday the 22nd then? It supposed to be saturday!

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by SmashD on 06-10-2007 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak

Wii's* =p you need multiple Wii's to get a XBox360 =p
and im still not gonna play... its just too addictive... and TBH i forgot about it =\

You won't need multiple Wii's... XBOX360 is not that expensive. Compare the package you get when winning a Wii and think about the price comparision again. I don't want to start a console flame war, but imho the one and only console I would like to have TO KEEP IT would be the Wii. Already had 2 :P but sold them, because I needed the money. I would never ever buy a XBOX or PS,they're not that much fun to me. If I want to play racing games or FPS I'll switch to my PC. Ever tried to control a FPS with a gamepad? Hell! I don't understand why people have fun wihtout keyboard and mouse.

I should stop here :P

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Matti on 06-10-2007 at 12:01 PM

Nice heat map, seems like less people were clicking the big XBox 360 circle this time. :)

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Menthix on 06-10-2007 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The fourth and last week of frenetic clicking will happen between June 22nd and June 28th, leaving a 12 day gap filled with bonus prizes, starting now!
If the gap starts now, then whatever happened to the third week? :P

This week is week 3, next week is the gap with bonus prizes (aka week 4), week after that is week 4 (aka week 5 :/)?
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by EBFL on 06-10-2007 at 02:06 PM

quote:

Naughty :cry:
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Patchou on 06-10-2007 at 06:12 PM

just to clarify: week 3 is considered to be from now to June 21st and week 4 is from June 22nd to June 28th.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nagamasa on 06-10-2007 at 06:57 PM

What's the most amount of clicks done to win?

Let's hope I win sometime soon.:)

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Chris4 on 06-10-2007 at 09:00 PM

I don't see the point in clicking on particular spots (like the center of the Xbox 360 button). All the points are random and even if a prize was in a particular point like that, it's most probably already been won because they are 'hot spots'. :rolleyes:

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by prashker on 06-10-2007 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I don't see the point in clicking on particular spots (like the center of the Xbox 360 button). All the points are random and even if a prize was in a particular point like that, it's most probably already been won because they are 'hot spots'. :rolleyes:

Yes, but then its an endless circle :p

A prize is there: It's already gone
A prize is not there: It's not gone, but people think there is one there :(.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-11-2007 at 08:50 PM

This image....
Is so incredibly damn huge that it's annoying >_<
I've been clicking since morning (That was like... more than 12 hours ago?). Woke up because it was too hot, it's still too hot >_<
damn computer radiating heat, and that halogen light bulb isn't helping!
Luckily (or unluckily) I finished most of my tests and tasks last week,  and with the lack of interesting games I have tons of time to play this, hoping to win a console.

It really puzzled me that people continue to go for the same spots even though the heat maps were generated for the last 2 weeks.
And what the hell are those almost perfectly straight lines? To have those lines forming, you need quite a lot of people to make them. Really weird...

OK some statistical figures I've gathered:

a decent person needs about 6~9 seconds between clicks, that means about 400~600 clicks an hour.
chance to wining a specific prize is about 1.8*10^-6
(0.0000018 !!)
supposing that you'll stop after you've won, I figured that you have about a 1/1000 change to win in an hour in that manner, and about 0.1 chance to win within 4~6 days of continues no-stop playing. (now that's REALLY depressing)
a 0.9 change is only achieved within 129 days =/
though with the current situation, with 35 prizes, you have a nice chance of 0.2 (1 in 5) to win a prize within 12 hours

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nagamasa on 06-11-2007 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
To have those lines forming, you need quite a lot of people to make them. Really weird...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
For those wondering about the long diagonal line, it’s the result of the simulated clicks made by some of the not-so-bright cheaters.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Matti on 06-12-2007 at 01:06 PM

quote:

a decent person needs about 6~9 seconds between clicks, that means about 400~600 clicks an hour.
(0.0000018 !!)
supposing that you'll stop after you've won, I figured that you have about a 1/1000 change to win in an hour in that manner, and about 0.1 chance to win within 4~6 days of continues no-stop playing. (now that's REALLY depressing)
though with the current situation, with 35 prizes, you have a nice chance of 0.2 (1 in 5) to win a prize within 12 hours
But then you have to remember that this is only if you want to win a specific prize (like a Wii). If you don't mind what you get, chances are far greater, especially if you're clicking non-stop as you mentioned.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by markee on 06-12-2007 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:

(0.0000018 !!)
But then you have to remember that this is only if you want to win a specific prize (like a Wii). If you don't mind what you get, chances are far greater, especially if you're clicking non-stop as you mentioned.
But you also have to remember that some prizes are locked at particular times so that they are all shared throughout the timezones....
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-12-2007 at 05:27 PM

quote:

But you also have to remember that some prizes are locked at particular times so that they are all shared throughout the timezones....
yup, that idea is pretty depressing.
I wonder how that goes... you can waste a lot of hours just by that...

and erm, I only want a console though a mug would be nice...
and plus, you have to prepare for the worse.

anyways, the number of prizes has changed little since yesterday (only 3 prizes in the last 24 hours or so)
I suppose a lot of people just got depressed, and it's clear why - the only way to win is to click fanatically =/
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Alaric_de_Souza on 06-12-2007 at 06:26 PM

Hi I tried to do that the same but still not going any where any I will keep trying until I pick a prize, And see what the fuss all about...
     I want the WII and see if I get some thing else because I trying for one I might get some thing else as a Consillation prize

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Crudgemudgein on 06-12-2007 at 06:45 PM

I noticed the amount of players playing your new game have dropped dramatically since the first round. Are you going to make the choices a lot easier soon? We are a society of instant satisfaction. And instantly, we are not satisfied. Besides, who has the time to stare at a photo all-day-long? I have 2 jobs and go to school to make ends meet and I bet Im not the only one. In fact, didnt your parents ever tell you not to sit so close to the TV and get out and get some exercise? Ya I want to win something once in a while for all the hard work I do and Ya, maybe this wont help me win a prize either but I appreciate a little satisfaction once in a while. Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born, but I havent won anything yet and I bet Im not the only one :)

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Alaric_de_Souza on 06-12-2007 at 07:54 PM

:D  :D Well I glad at least someone know the Feeling lol... :) .. But by heck I will have some thing to keep my mind on forcus on the real thing The Outside World....So I don't get too engrost in the fiction. But it life pleasure where women don't get dragged into these areas.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Lou on 06-12-2007 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crudgemudgein
Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born
8-) I don't know if that was supposed to be an exaggeration or if you just don't know what you're talking about.
quote:
the only way to win is to click fanatically =/
It's a matter of pure luck.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Crudgemudgein on 06-12-2007 at 08:38 PM

*Sniff Sarcasm* I've been around since the internet was "text based", and not yesterday coming out of mom's womb like some kids these days, cell phone and daddy's wallet in hand.  Playing contests since Windows 3.2 didnt mean since the release of the OS.  Exaggeration: probably. But the contests have been a farce.. By the third or fourth week of Q6 I think most teams quit because of server and time issues. All that stress for an X360 or Plasma TV, I dunno..

The Windows operating system is a game all of its own. I think we've all been playing the Windows game with its highs and lows, crashes and blue screens of death. Infact I had to laugh on the MSN Blog about MSN Messenger's stability, reliability factor. Loading a Windows OS is as much a gamble as the time we spend looking at a photo to win a hidden prize online. When its done right, you feel like a million bucks. When its done wrong, well you cant get online to enter contests :)

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-12-2007 at 09:00 PM

quote:
I noticed the amount of players playing your new game have dropped dramatically since the first round. Are you going to make the choices a lot easier soon? We are a society of instant satisfaction. And instantly, we are not satisfied. Besides, who has the time to stare at a photo all-day-long? I have 2 jobs and go to school to make ends meet and I bet Im not the only one. In fact, didnt your parents ever tell you not to sit so close to the TV and get out and get some exercise? Ya I want to win something once in a while for all the hard work I do and Ya, maybe this wont help me win a prize either but I appreciate a little satisfaction once in a while. Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born, but I havent won anything yet and I bet Im not the only one :)
I understand you completely, but with more than 1 million players this week, you can expect that more than 99% don't win....
fact is, you have about a 0.001~0.01 chance to win throughout the contest if you click enough... that's not that bad a chance (compared to say, lottery).
"The bigger the risk, the bigger the gain. This is capitalism."
=/
Also, it seems that this week there are quite a few of people giving up... in the last 36 hours there were just 3 wins....  so.. the more chance the ones that continue to play have =D
This damn contest is making me start calculating >_<

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born
8-) I don't know if that was supposed to be an exaggeration or if you just don't know what you're talking about.
quote:
the only way to win is to click fanatically =/
It's a matter of pure luck.

hmm... it's a matter of pure probability, and you can increase that.
pretty depressing overall with more than 99% of the players not winning.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Crudgemudgein on 06-12-2007 at 09:13 PM

Oh I agree completely (y)

But it would be nice if you could accumulate your clicks so you can qualify for some sort of "runner up prize."

Take Coke for example - You enter your PIN to WIN, if your PIN doesnt WIN, at least you've earned some credits to put towards something else you can buy. You could buy movie passes or something else for instant satisfaction or save for the big ticket items and the long awaited "in-your-face-everybody" :)

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-12-2007 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Oh I agree completely (y)

But it would be nice if you could accumulate your clicks so you can qualify for some sort of "runner up prize."

Take Coke for example - You enter your PIN to WIN, if your PIN doesnt WIN, at least you've earned some credits to put towards something else you can buy. You could buy movie passes or something else for instant satisfaction or save for the big ticket items and the long awaited "in-your-face-everybody" :)
that could be cool =D
but then, people with tons of time on their hands would still have an edge... and that would mean less prizes for those winning the direct way...

what people need to do.... is to make a group, and have a very efficient nice site with lots of ads, and have a "clicking game" then.
could be nice.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by TommyDelly on 06-13-2007 at 12:05 PM

quote:
quote:

yup, that idea is pretty depressing.
I wonder how that goes... you can waste a lot of hours just by that...

and erm, I only want a console though a mug would be nice...
and plus, you have to prepare for the worse.

anyways, the number of prizes has changed little since yesterday (only 3 prizes in the last 24 hours or so)
I suppose a lot of people just got depressed, and it's clear why - the only way to win is to click fanatically =/

The fact that the prizes are locked some times and the fact that there has been only 3 prizes discovered in the last 48 hours make me wonder... this is the 12 days round and 45 prizes.Very first day was discovered about 10 prizes.And now the last two days around 3 maybe 4.There are still around 1000 people clicking at the time.So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops. So if u are clicking now maybe there are even no big prizes unlocked.

It could happened that u click on a spot with grand prize, but not in right time.And thats really depresing
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by absorbation on 06-13-2007 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TommyDelly

The fact that the prizes are locked some times and the fact that there has been only 3 prizes discovered in the last 48 hours make me wonder... this is the 12 days round and 45 prizes.Very first day was discovered about 10 prizes.And now the last two days around 3 maybe 4.There are still around 1000 people clicking at the time.So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops. So if u are clicking now maybe there are even no big prizes unlocked.

It could happened that u click on a spot with grand prize, but not in right time.And thats really depresing

It's not, don't be such a sinic. It is just the odds, what you see if what you get in this game :).
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-14-2007 at 03:49 PM

quote:
fact that there has been only 3 prizes discovered in the last 48 hours make me wonder... this is the 12 days round and 45 prizes.Very first day was discovered about 10 prizes.And now the last two days around 3 maybe 4.There are still around 1000 people clicking at the time.So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops. So if u are clicking now maybe there are even no big prizes unlocked.

yes I have thought of it, the prize finding rate has gone down dramatically, it is somewhat strange.
5 prizes were found last night....
actually a friend of mine told me of someone who found a Xbox in the middle of the night (though he was disqualified because he had a "random email" with two @. That is strange...), and that's really a somewhat troubling idea - even after clicking all day, you don't even have the chance.
Well now there are about 300~1000 people opposed to earlier numbers which peaked at around 11,000 (at least when I was playing), numbers sure have gone down, maybe that's enough to explain the drop in prizing. Also, if we considered that some if not a nice portion of them use some stupid cheat scripts, the actual numbers should be lower.

=/
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Menthix on 06-14-2007 at 05:34 PM

quote:
So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops.
Yes, not all prizes are unlocked at the same time, but it has been like that the entire contest. Patchou said prizes will gradually be unlocked throughout the week to give people from all timezones an equal chance. Prizes are also not unlocked all at once to prevent all prizes from being won in a single day.

As Patchou said above, this period will run until June 21st, so it makes sense to unlock the current 45 prizes at a slower rate. However, there are also less people playing than before, so your chances of winning didn't go down, if anything they probably went up.

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
It's not, don't be such a sinic.
It is. Can't find Patchou's post about it that fast, but how else do you think the last few prizes get won on the last day of the contest week each time? If prizes weren't unlocked gradually during the week all prizes would be won in the first day. Unlocking prizes gradually during the week on different times is done to give everyone a chance to win (to prevent people not being able to win because they weren't online on the day new contest week started or they were asleep because of their timezone).

This current "week" will run until the 21st, so prizes will be unlocked slower than the first two contest weeks to prevent prizes running out at the last few days.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Patchou on 06-14-2007 at 06:01 PM

Note in case you would be wondering: it is guarenteed that at least 1 prize is in the grid at any given time, as long as some prizes are left for the week. In most cases of course, there are many prizes in the grid, unlocked and waiting to be found.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by absorbation on 06-14-2007 at 06:15 PM

Your kidding me, I think that's stupid, you may have a winning click but not receive a prise because of your timezone?

I personally feel cheated, it may seem harsh, and well it may make sense practically, but I feel as if my chances of winning have been significantly lowered. This should be made more clear (and it's not clear as I've been testing the system for weeks :P).

Maybe a list of the prises currently active may help? :)

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Menthix on 06-14-2007 at 06:22 PM

quote:
you may have a winning click but not receive a prise because of your timezone
A click that says there is nothing there isn't a winning click. It wont be a winning click for anybody in a different timezone clicking on the same time either.

quote:
This should be made more clear
It is in the contest rules
quote:
Originally posted by contest rules
Also, prizes may be temporarily locked during the week to insure fair distribution in all time zones and through out the days.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by toddy on 06-14-2007 at 06:29 PM

quote:
I personally feel cheated, it may seem harsh, and well it may make sense practically, but I feel as if my chances of winning have been significantly lowered. T

chance of winning went from 1 in 11932, it as low as 1 in 536966

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-14-2007 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
I personally feel cheated, it may seem harsh, and well it may make sense practically, but I feel as if my chances of winning have been significantly lowered. T

chance of winning went from 1 in 11932, ito as low as 1 in 536966
not entirely accurate...

anyways, the number of players seems to be on the increase, rising slowly to 1,300 and now to 1,821....
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by TommyDelly on 06-15-2007 at 11:52 AM

quote:

Maybe a list of the prises currently active may help? :)

That would be nice if u could see number of prizes active at the moment. Maye even number of grand prizes left.

Well if not is great anyway cause until this contest lasts i've got the chance to win console  so thank u for that.
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by ahmetgns on 06-15-2007 at 12:17 PM

I don't think seeing number of avaliable prizes would help. Because most of the time, it will report 3-7 prizes. So if you consider 536995 pixels, 45 or 3 won't help very much about continuing playing or not.

absorbation's suggestion would be helpful but we are late I think. If it will be published on website or forum, most of the people wouldn't know about it and visit those pages to see the list. And I don't think, it is possible to publish it on the contest page.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by absorbation on 06-15-2007 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
    quote:Originally posted by absorbation

A click that says there is nothing there isn't a winning click. It wont be a winning click for anybody in a different timezone clicking on the same time either.

I know that, but say the Wii gets unlocked at 01:00 GMT, the odds of me playing are very slim as I will be in bed. I don't think it is that clear, I've been testing the system pretty well for weeks now, and well, I never knew about it until now :P.

I understand that the prises will go quicker, but I cannot feel as if I am effected by when I play. There was been huge scandal here with competitions being unfair (television phone ins) and it has dominated the press for a while, but it makes a serious point, you should have an equal chance of winning a certain prise whenever you play :).
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-15-2007 at 01:56 PM

the problem is,
if people see there aren't any interesting prizes they'll stop.
like say, when the week is coming to its end and there are only a few prizes left...
sure there's still people playing after all prizes are won, but meh.

anyways, I think the release hour is more or less random, and even if its released while you're asleep it's not that probable that someone else finds it...
especially with the low figures now.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by absorbation on 06-15-2007 at 02:01 PM

I totally agree, the measures need to be in place. In fact this is one of those things without a solution. That being said doing this is wrong, it does change the game, and I could of clicked a winning pixel, but I didn't win because it was not active at the time :P.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Volv on 06-15-2007 at 02:48 PM

quote:
I totally agree, the measures need to be in place. In fact this is one of those things without a solution. That being said doing this is wrong, it does change the game, and I could of clicked a winning pixel, but I didn't win because it was not active at the time :P.
The thing I disapprove of is the count which says "30 prizes remaining" (for example) when there may be as little as 1 actual prize on the grid, it's misleading. Not to mention the "Your next click may reveal a Nintendo Wii" when it clearly will not if it isn't even on the grid - I understand the word 'may' has been used but it is still misleading and I believe isn't a correct use of the word as 'may' implies that there is a possibility that it will occur when the game knows that there isn't.
That being said, I don't really care even though I honestly believe I must have one of the highest click counts on this game - I never win anything anyway...
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-15-2007 at 03:44 PM

quote:
mmm if the rules had "Prizes will be slowly released throughout the week in different hours in order to give a fare chance for everyone" that would be better, ne?

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
The thing I disapprove of is the count which says "30 prizes remaining" (for example) when there may be as little as 1 actual prize on the grid, it's misleading. Not to mention the "Your next click may reveal a Nintendo Wii" when it clearly will not if it isn't even on the grid - I understand the word 'may' has been used but it is still misleading and I believe isn't a correct use of the word as 'may' implies that there is a possibility that it will occur when the game knows that there isn't.
That being said, I don't really care even though I honestly believe I must have one of the highest click counts on this game - I never win anything anyway...
hmm but most chances that you won't win it anyways, and so the practically zero chance is no different from actual zero. :s
After some clicks you kinda figure it out that is a reallllly big "may" anyways.
plus winning another big prize is just as good
RE: RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by CookieRevised on 06-16-2007 at 12:49 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
I know that, but say the Wii gets unlocked at 01:00 GMT, the odds of me playing are very slim as I will be in bed. I don't think it is that clear, I've been testing the system pretty well for weeks now, and well, I never knew about it until now :P.
It has been said many times during testing and even in public threads though...

quote:
I understand that the prises will go quicker, but I cannot feel as if I am effected by when I play. There was been huge scandal here with competitions being unfair (television phone ins) and it has dominated the press for a while, but it makes a serious point, you should have an equal chance of winning a certain prise whenever you play :).
The point with locking the prizes is exactly to make it so that everybody in whatever timezone gets an equal chance.

You might be sleeping when the Wii gets unlocked, but the people on the other side of the world would be sleeping when you are awake and when the PS3 gets unlocked...

quote:
the problem is,
if people see there aren't any interesting prizes they'll stop.
like say, when the week is coming to its end and there are only a few prizes left...
exactly

And you can see this happening each time Patchou (or someone else) says a certain big price has won.

But, this can be both negative and positive. The less people playing the more chance you have to win something. The sad part is that it kills the surprise to know what you could be winning.

quote:
mmm if the rules had "Prizes will be slowly released throughout the week in different hours in order to give a fare chance for everyone" that would be better, ne?
it is:
quote:
Originally posted by CONTEST RULES
Also, prizes may be temporarily locked during the week to insure fair distribution in all time zones and through out the days.

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
The thing I disapprove of is the count which says "30 prizes remaining" (for example) when there may be as little as 1 actual prize on the grid, it's misleading.
It actually is not misleading though. There _are_ 30 prizes (out of 45) remaining to win this week.

--------------------------------------

BTW: those who are complaining, isn't it a bit out of frustration that you didn't won anything yet? Imho, it is a little bit part of it, no? :p
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Voldemort on 06-16-2007 at 12:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
BTW: those who are complaining, isn't it a bit out of frustration that you didn't won anything yet? Imho, it is a little bit part of it, no?
Yep, the ones that already won are worshiping patchou
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-16-2007 at 10:24 AM

I'm trying not to complain too much, because there isn't much to complain about, but "temporarily locked" is different from "slowly released during the week". "temporarily locked" is rather depressing, you might be playing while the prizes are locked, you have no control or certainty about the very existence of the prizes =/

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Volv on 06-16-2007 at 10:29 AM

quote:
After some clicks you kinda figure it out that is a reallllly big "may" anyways.
Well no, it's more or less a misrepresentation. You can't say that you have a probability of winning a prize when it is known that you do not.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It actually is not misleading though. There _are_ 30 prizes (out of 45) remaining to win this week.
What about "21 prizes are still waiting to be found" in the Try Again screen?
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Nefzen on 06-16-2007 at 12:59 PM

well, that is still true.
and besides, if someone else won the prize already, you can't win it anyways.

RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week by Patchou on 06-16-2007 at 03:25 PM

This is a contest, it's for fun and everybody can win something depending on his/her luck. There's no point in arguing how the prizes are distributed in the grid and over time, the point is the same: if you're lucky, you win something, if you're not, you win nothing. Subject closed.