Shoutbox

Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? (/showthread.php?tid=75251)

Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by flawless51 on 06-10-2007 at 11:28 PM

Hi everyone!

Here's my problem: I use a laptop and I use a wireless connection to my router.  The problem is that it periodically disconnects, but only for about a second... but it's enough to disconnect MSN/WLM.

Is there any plugin to keep msn connected for a moment after my internet disconnects? It's irritating that although my internet only disconnects for a second, I still have to sign in again to msn. I'm sure somebody has had this same problem.

Thanks for your replies! :D

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by Stigmata on 06-10-2007 at 11:30 PM

not possible

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by Chris4 on 06-11-2007 at 12:09 AM

You can't stay signed in when there is no internet connection, so yeah, not possible.

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by cooldude_i06 on 06-11-2007 at 12:36 AM

I don't know much about the MSN protocol, but I assume you would have to generate keep alive messages and send them to your MSN, which can't be easy.

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by TheSteve on 06-11-2007 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flawless51
it periodically disconnects, but only for about a second... but it's enough to disconnect MSN/WLM.

Does Windows actually show that the wireless connection disconnects? or is messenger the only indication that you've been disconnected?
RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by flawless51 on 06-11-2007 at 02:44 AM

It actually disconnects. The wireless network connection icon in my taskbar shows it disconnect for a second.

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by albert on 06-11-2007 at 04:47 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/265-Sign-Back-In/

This will sign you back in instantly..
(when the connection comes back, that is.)

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by Volv on 06-11-2007 at 05:05 AM

The type of thing you're asking for can be done* but it's definitely not easy. You would need to have a proxy for Messenger running on your laptop (to trick your Messenger into believing that it is still connected) and you would have to have a proxy on another computer which is not wirelessly connected to trick the MSN Servers into believing that your laptop is still connected, then the two proxies would have to be able to re-establish a connection with one another when the wireless connection issue is resolved.
It's too much effort really and you're better off just using alby's script or solving the wireless connectivity issue you're having (as it definitely isn't normal)...

* It is possible if Messenger determines a disconnection as no longer receiving or being able to send data to the server rather than detecting your computer's actual connection state.

RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by CookieRevised on 06-11-2007 at 07:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/265-Sign-Back-In/

This will sign you back in instantly..
(when the connection comes back, that is.)
If Messenger is disconnected because your internet connection has dropped, Messenger will already automatically sign you back in once the connection is restored, you don't need a script for that...

RE: RE: Script/Plugin idea. Has it been done? Possible? by TheSteve on 06-11-2007 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flawless51
It actually disconnects. The wireless network connection icon in my taskbar shows it disconnect for a second.

In that case, you'd probably better figure out why the wireless connection is so unstable.  If the whole network connection is shut off it you really can't stay connected.