Shoutbox

[Request] DPs, Original image file stealer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer (/showthread.php?tid=75254)

[Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by Picho on 06-11-2007 at 02:08 AM

Hey!

Im kinda new in all this scripting stuff.

Well, i was wondering, if its possible to create a script (or if it exists already) that steals (or download) your contact's DPs, but the real image file, i mean, the original file they used for the DP. Cause its pretty easy stealing that 100x100 image and there are lots of ways to do it. But it could be much more interesting if we could get the original file, because sometimes you want to see the image in the original size, etc.  And i dont think it could have any privacy problem, because they are already showing it to you, but in a small sample.

Well thats about it... dont know if its possible, but sounds interesting.

Thanks
See you!

RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by felipEx on 06-11-2007 at 02:09 AM

i like your idea, but it's not possible

RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by Picho on 06-11-2007 at 02:13 AM

Really?... Why not? is it a different file that msn creates for de DP than the original one?

RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by felipEx on 06-11-2007 at 02:21 AM

wlm reduces/resizes the images before sending, so you will have reduced images...

badly explain =/
* felipEx continues learning English

RE: RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by MattyRid on 06-11-2007 at 02:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Picho
is it a different file that msn creates for de DP than the original one?

that is correct, it actually creates a file in a hidden location that is resized for messenger. These files can be changed to png(?) files if you know how, but will be at the 96x96 size for messenger.

Also, messenger resizes all images at both you and your contact's end as felipEx said.
RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by MicroWay on 06-11-2007 at 02:54 AM

So, it's better you just ask for the image to your contact ;)

* MicroWay likes the idea (Y), but....

RE: RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by MattyRid on 06-11-2007 at 02:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay

Won't always work though, because you can just click and drag images from anywhere into your dp without saving the image :P
RE: RE: RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by Chris4 on 06-11-2007 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay

Won't always work though, because you can just click and drag images from anywhere into your dp without saving the image :P

Most people just get it off their HardDrive though :P
Never even knew you could drag into DP :rolleyes:
RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by MicroWay on 06-11-2007 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Won't always work though, because you can just click and drag images from anywhere into your dp without saving the image 
Ohh... Didn't knew that!!! Thanks!!! (Y)

But, I was presuming that Picho wanted the contact's picture.... :P

RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by Picho on 06-11-2007 at 03:35 AM

Yep... thats what i wanted to know...

Well, thanks everyone for answering...

RE: [Request] DPs, Original image file stealer by markee on 06-11-2007 at 04:20 AM

quote:
These files can be changed to png(?) files
Actually they are PNG or GIF or JPEG, the ones that are from your contacts however are all PNG.  Would make things a lot easier if WLM would just make it PNG in the beginning....