Shoutbox

Logging into two machines at the same time - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Logging into two machines at the same time (/showthread.php?tid=75286)

Logging into two machines at the same time by hammertime on 06-12-2007 at 04:37 AM

Hello,

i was wondering if there is anyway of logging into the same msn messenger account on two different machines at once?

I you can do this will GoogleTalk (by default) but I was wondering if there is anyway of doing it with Messenger?

Thanks,

RE: Logging into two machines at the same time by Rolando on 06-12-2007 at 04:38 AM

No.

This has never been allowed and it will never be for several reasons.. But for short, no, you cannot.

RE: Logging into two machines at the same time by joemailey on 06-12-2007 at 01:35 PM

Why would you want to do that anyway. . . . . .

What is the need or benefit of being logged in on 2 PC at the same time?

Can't be at 2 places at once

RE: Logging into two machines at the same time by hammertime on 06-12-2007 at 11:09 PM

Well... I have my desktop at work and my laptop that I use at work and at home.

I want to be able to log into my laptop at home and be on msn and when I shut down my laptop I want my desktop at work to still be connected (showing an Idle status or something).

I just know you can do this with GoogleTalk so I thought there might be a way of doing this with messenger.

Thanks

RE: Logging into two machines at the same time by joemailey on 06-13-2007 at 08:11 AM

Not that am aware of.

Messenger signs you out if you sign in somewhere else.

How come you want to stay online in work? if your not there. . . . . .