Shoutbox

Download Manager - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Download Manager (/showthread.php?tid=75316)

Download Manager by WaqasTariq on 06-13-2007 at 09:25 AM

Hello

I have been using DAP v5 since the days of WIN98 (If i remember correctly) and now after shifting from XP to VISTA I installed the same old version of DAP v5 but I have found out that it is not compatable with vista, errors and does not integerate with IE... so what do you guys have to say about DAP v8+ premium (and free) and also are there any good (free) download managers available?

I have a dialup connection right now but will be moving to DSL in a week....

RE: Download Manager by TheGuruSupremacy on 06-13-2007 at 09:30 AM

On my opinion the best download manager is GETRIGHT,I have been using it for 5 years it's fantastic and i have never found any problem...Greetings

RE: Download Manager by Fredzz on 06-13-2007 at 10:06 AM

I alwys been using DAP til 3years ago. My new manager of choice is Flashget. It's free and very easy to use. Takes you one day to get used to it. Very nice. It's very and light resource usage. Give it a try. Just beware that it asks you if you WANT to install google toolbar or NOT.

RE: Download Manager by Volv on 06-13-2007 at 12:55 PM

I use GetRight as well, no complaints - does its job well.

RE: Download Manager by joemailey on 06-13-2007 at 12:57 PM

i use flashget intregrates with ie n then theres also add on for firefox pretty good :)

RE: Download Manager by linx05 on 06-13-2007 at 01:15 PM

www.orbitdownloader.com. All, the, way.

RE: Download Manager by Sunshine on 06-13-2007 at 01:18 PM

LeechGet
LeechGet is a download manager that uses a very nice, modern, Microsoft Outlook-like user interface and seamlessly integrates into Internet Explorer, allowing you to easily start and manage your downloads.

In addition, LeechGet provides many features, such a automatic downloading, resume of broken downloads, a download timer, automatic hang-up and shutdown and more. A built-in web parser lets you download complete website with all images and scripts in no time. LeechGet also provides a history of your downloaded files, sorted by day, week and month. Additional features include a file drop icon, a speed monitor and much more.

Completely Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7.0 ready
There's also LeechGet 2007 Mozilla/Netscape/Opera Plug-in

free for private use

http://www.leechget.net

RE: Download Manager by WaqasTariq on 06-14-2007 at 09:16 PM

I tried Leechget but it is very imuture right now, Flashget and Getrigh ... I never understood how to use both of them :s

well I just downloaded DAP 8.5 like it think I would get the premium version of it, what do you ppl have to say?

RE: Download Manager by user13774 on 06-15-2007 at 09:18 PM

Noooo.. DAP... terrible :( Don't do that to your computer!

I would recommend:

Free Download Manager

Homepage | Screenshots

Easy, nice interface, browser integration (IE/FF and more) and of course FREE.