Shoutbox

[Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=75331)

[Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 06-13-2007 at 08:26 PM

Twit4Live was Originally Based on Twitter Plus! by saralk. This Script like Twitter Plus! allows you to update your status on twitter, but it also allows to view twitters and send them to your contacts and set as your Personal Message.

Created by: Splinter98

Commands:
/Twitter <What are you doing?> - update your status on twitter.com
/TwitterConfig - Edit your login details
/TwitterLatest - <Twitter user [optional]> <contact email [optional]> - send the latest twitter by <user> (default: logged in user) to <contact> (deafult current)
/TwitterTimeline <user (optional)> - Loads the twitter timeline showing the history of twitters by <user> (deafult: user_timeline)
/TwitterUpdate <none> - Manually check for updates of your friends Twitters

Note: Options can be accessed on the Twitter Timeline via the menu button and also by right-clicking the selected Twitter/User.

Current Version: 0.4

Changelog:

0.4:

• Updated to support OAuth Authentication method - Tweets will now be shown as sent "via Twit4Live for Messenger Plus!"
  • All old functionality now works as it should
  • Improved Tweet to PSM Functionality including custom format
  • Fixed Various bugs
  • Improved internal structure and Twitter interaction
0.3: Added Notification Feature - Toasts will appear for new Twitters from your friends, and can one friend can have their Twitters put in your Personal Message
0.2: Added MsgPlus Menu support and bug fixes
0.1: First Release

Screenshots

Twitter Timeline
[Image: twittertimelineog7.jpg]

Twitter Configuration
[Image: twitterconfigqy6.jpg]

I hope you find this script useful,
this is the first script i have published and I would love feedback and comments as well as any suggestions for features to include.

Splinter98
RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by roflmao456 on 06-13-2007 at 08:40 PM

you should give some credit to saralk for the idea.

RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by prashker on 06-13-2007 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by splinter98
Twit4Live is Based on Twitter Plus! by saralk. This Script like Twitter Plus! allows you to update your status on twitter, but it also allows to view twitters and send them to your contacts and set as your PSM.

I think thats good enough roflmao :p.
RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by roflmao456 on 06-13-2007 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Originally posted by splinter98
Twit4Live is Based on Twitter Plus! by saralk. This Script like Twitter Plus! allows you to update your status on twitter, but it also allows to view twitters and send them to your contacts and set as your PSM.

I think thats good enough roflmao :p.

lol whatever :p

50% Credit to: saralk would be nice too ;D

nice script

you should use the menu for the options and/or login stuff..

Check OnGetScriptMenu and OnEvent_MenuClicked in the doc

LOOL, Bug.

Try using /Twitter and then send a message without logging in.

then look in the /TwitterConfig

Try putting /TwitterLatest without logging in and it will show a toast and a command not recognized... (try returning nothing..) same goes with /TwitterTimeline
RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 06-13-2007 at 08:45 PM

hmm as mine links to saralk's Twitter Plus - which it should say that it was based on your idea, people can find that out. So for now it seems fine the way it is.

Edit 1: bugs - yes they do need to fixed will be shortly

Edit 2: Updating to version 0.2

RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by saralk on 06-14-2007 at 07:56 AM

He PMd me, and I said it was fine.

It looks pretty cool, I was planning on adding some of those features at a later date, just never got round to it.

RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 06-15-2007 at 08:31 PM

hmm, I'm think about submitting the script to the database as I think it would make a great contribution just wanted people thoughts before I did though

splinter98

RE: [Release] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 06-20-2007 at 07:24 PM

Now on the official database at: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/315-Twit4Live/

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 06-28-2007 at 09:43 PM

UPDATE: Version 0.3

Added Notification Feature, Now Toasts you New Twitters from your friends. - Can Also update your PM automatically.

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by mlevit on 01-24-2008 at 03:29 AM

splinter98 would it be possible for you to make the script set your PSM to your latest twitter status?

I like the scrip you have here but I use a 3rd party program for my twitter updates and just want a simple script to just set my PSM to that of my twitters.

If it's possible, could you make a new script with only this feature.

Thanks

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 01-24-2008 at 10:10 PM

Sure, that should be fine I'll edit my script and send it in a PM to you.

Splinter98

EDIT: The feature you asked for is actually included in the Current Twit4Live Just open the TwitterTimeline (/TwitterTimeline) and choose menu - Show your timeline then select the first item, Right Click and select Auto PSM, and it SHOULD update your PSM automatically.

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by mlevit on 01-26-2008 at 08:51 AM

It doesn't actually work because it tells you that you're not on your friends list.

I have actually edited the code and removed the if else statement and now have allowed myself to Auto PM my own tweets and it doesn't seem to be working.

A toast message comes up saying it will update tweets from me but when I add a new tweet it doesn't change the PM

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 01-26-2008 at 05:06 PM

hmm - it'll be down to how it checks for people. it Gets the Twitter friends list with all the latest twitters and checks to see if the one you selected as to auto update and then if the latest twitter is different, if so then update.

I'm in the middle of editing the script so its more efficient for auto updating if its for you, and will package it up shortly (As I'm compiling it in a different script it needs a slight edit on the Config screen so I'm just adding that in)

Splinter98

EDIT its now finished - Please try it out, I haven't test it and would advise removing Twit4Live as the code may clash - Also its also a bit rough there is only one command (/TwitterConfig) to setup your twitter account details, and it won't show up on popup list

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by mlevit on 01-26-2008 at 09:34 PM

Getting an error when trying to run the script.

[Image: script_error.jpg]

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 01-26-2008 at 09:39 PM

hmm that's what happens when you don't test a script ok I'll look into it

EDIT: it was down to a missing ) However on another look i missed out half the code + the prefs file :p so here is the new one

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by mlevit on 01-26-2008 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for the scrip and sorry to keep bothering you but it just doesn't seem to work.

I've configured the script but it doesn't seem to update my PSM.

Does it work for you?

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 01-27-2008 at 12:17 PM

hmm, Lemme look into it, it'll be either the check if the plugin is enabled is configured wrong or the update script is parsing wrong

Don't worry about bothering me, it gives me something to do :p - also I haven't touch this script in a while so it's taking me a while to remember the Twitter/Plus API, hence all the problems

Splinter98

EDIT: Found the main problem, the command that set the PSM was inside the if that checked to see if the JSON file was invalid, and as it wasn't it bypassed it. Fixed a couple of other bugs i noticed. This one i have tested and it does work

Note: Configure command is /twitterPSMConfig and the first time it runs it may say invalid command but the dialogue still opens and after you've set it up it won't appear again

Edit2: Would help if i uploaded the file :p

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by mlevit on 01-27-2008 at 09:30 PM

Nice work splinter98.

Finally works :)

I have also added the following code just to make it easier to configure the script:

code:
function OnGetScriptMenu(nLocation)
{
    var ScriptMenu = "<ScriptMenu>";
    ScriptMenu += "<MenuEntry Id=\"MnuFeat1\">Configure</MenuEntry>";
    ScriptMenu += "</ScriptMenu>";
    return ScriptMenu;
}

function OnEvent_MenuClicked(sMenuId,nLocation,iOriginWnd)
{
    if (sMenuId == "MnuFeat1")
    {
        TwitterConfig();
    }
}

You should submit the script into the database. You never know... they may be others that find it useful like me :)
RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 01-27-2008 at 09:49 PM

Glad to see it finally works,

About putting it onto the database: I'm more likely to integrate it back into Twit4liveas that's my 'complete' Twitter package, but I might also add standalone sections, with a link on the database page linking back to the forum post. (That way I keep the database clean from little scripts but they're still available if people don't want a bloated script)

Anyway discuss what you think of that idea,

Splinter98

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by mlevit on 01-27-2008 at 10:11 PM

Incorporating the script into Twit4Live would be nice but I think you should still have TwitPSM on the database for those who only want the PSM feature without everything else.

Even call it Twit4Live Lite or something :)

It can just be a lite version of Twit4Live and just have that basic functionally. You could link to both from the database descriptions.

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by kevinmertens on 03-09-2009 at 05:49 PM

how does it works, did install it but when i use the command:
/twitterPSMConfig i can only put in my account name and password
so where or how can i get my twitter to my psm?

tnx(Y)

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 03-09-2009 at 07:04 PM

TwitterPSM should work automatically after you've entered your login details, If not you can start it by typing:

/script TwitterUpdate

Someday I might get round to updating this, adding more functionality and creating a Twitter Library for Plus! for use in other Scripts.

Hope that helps

Splinter98

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by kevinmertens on 03-09-2009 at 08:32 PM

it does work now
tnx :D

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by juanico on 03-13-2009 at 05:38 AM

This script its really good, you should add more options like this:
- a button in the main window to open the twitter messages/Timeline window (like Messenger Plus icon).
- option to send a twitter from the personal message (msn main window)/messenger options.
- add tabs to the Timeline window like twitterfox for recent messages, replies and messages.
- add a status bar at the bottom of the Timeline window (and show the name of the twitter user).
- always you send a twitter show the Timeline window (at the status bar in background).
- option to start twitter session from the Timeline window and use an small icon in the status bar.
- use some text styles in the Timeline window (differ nick from the message), use url to open the browser and on clik in a twitter user/nick use reply on automatic (like twitterfox).
- add a send button before close button.undefined

well I hope this sugestion help with some ideas...

cheers!

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by maison09 on 04-25-2009 at 03:02 AM

Well, you have great posts. Thank you so much for your helpful information;)

maison de credit

RE: RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 04-25-2009 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by juanico
This script its really good, you should add more options like this:
- a button in the main window to open the twitter messages/Timeline window (like Messenger Plus icon).

There should be a link from the scripts icon to the functions available. A dedicated button I think are out of scope of what scripts can do (without external compiled code - even then I'm not 100% sure)
quote:
- option to send a twitter from the personal message (msn main window)/messenger options.

Again there could be a scripting limitation
quote:
- add tabs to the Timeline window like twitterfox for recent messages, replies and messages.
Something along those lines should be feasible, and could be implemented easily
quote:
- add a status bar at the bottom of the Timeline window (and show the name of the twitter user).
Also a good idea and shouldn't be hard to implement
quote:
- always you send a twitter show the Timeline window (at the status bar in background).
? - could you rephrase that I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.
quote:
- option to start twitter session from the Timeline window and use an small icon in the status bar.
Do you mean open twitter in your browser? - That would be easy to implement
quote:
- use some text styles in the Timeline window (differ nick from the message), use url to open the browser and on clik in a twitter user/nick use reply on automatic (like twitterfox).
not sure if the
quote:
- add a send button before close button.undefined
Yeah that seems sensible
quote:
well I hope this sugestion help with some ideas...

cheers!
Thanks for your ideas - I don't know if I'll get round to developing this but if I do I will certainly consider your ideas and implement them in.

If anyone wants to implement a feature, they are welcome to and send me either a modified version of the script or just the code snippet and it will be added in (probably fairly quickly as that doesn't take long)

quote:
Originally posted by maison09
Well, you have great posts. Thank you so much for your helpful information
Thank you, Its nice to know that the information I give is helpful and also clear, (it hopefully reduces repetitive questions being asked)
RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by redpen on 05-08-2009 at 01:40 AM

Thank you so much for your information:P
organisme de credit

RE: [Update] Twit4Live - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by Piloto de Fuga on 08-14-2009 at 04:40 PM

I think if you could make it just like twitterfox that would be perfect.

For example:
- New tweets could be highlighted;
- The Timeline window could be sizeable;
- When I right-click on a line, there could be the option to go to the tweeter profile opening the browser;
- The @tweeter and urls could be clickable and with a blue underline.

Well, along with juanico's ideas I guess that's all... for now. :D
If I remeber anything else I'll suggest here.

Thanks!

RE: [Update] Twit4Live 0.4 - Interact with Twitter from Windows Live Messenger by splinter98 on 09-12-2010 at 01:08 AM

UPDATE: Version 0.4

• Updated to support OAuth Authentication method - Tweets will now be shown as sent "via Twit4Live for Messenger Plus!"
  • All old functionality now works as it should
  • Improved Tweet to PSM Functionality including custom format
  • Fixed Various bugs
  • Improved internal structure and Twitter interaction

Yes after 3 years of basically no development - the Basic Authentication Depreciation motivated me enough to dig up this old code and get it working with the new login implementation and fix the bugs in the progress!

Also as the new login system required a major rewrite in how the script runs - I  have also got around to fixing the various bugs in the script and should now work (including the Toasts for new tweets and tweets to you PSM)

Everything that was in the last version now works also :)

If people are still interest I might get around to add the new features people requested, we will see...