Shoutbox

[?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? (/showthread.php?tid=75332)

[?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by roflmao456 on 06-13-2007 at 08:57 PM

If MsgPlusLive's contest window has like an internet control thing, is it now possible to put it on normal interface windows?

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Chancer on 06-13-2007 at 11:49 PM

A web browser?

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by roflmao456 on 06-14-2007 at 12:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
A web browser?

yeah.. integrated into interface windows just like the contest one
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by ShawnZ on 06-14-2007 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
A web browser?

yeah.. integrated into interface windows just like the contest one

its always been possible.. how do you think internet explorer itself does it?

edit: oh, in plus interface windows
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by matty on 06-14-2007 at 12:52 AM

You can add a browser control to the window but making it do things isn't possible. Patchou even states that not all controls provided in the Scripting Documentation are usuable.

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Matti on 06-14-2007 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
You can add a browser control to the window but making it do things isn't possible. Patchou even states that not all controls provided in the Scripting Documentation are usuable.
...because only HE can use them! :P
HE made the Event Log's ListView sortable, HE added a Plus! styled right-click pop-up menu to the ListView, HE made the contest window browse to the right webpage... it's because HE owns the control of HIS program! :D
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by markee on 06-14-2007 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
HE made the Event Log's ListView sortable
You did that recently with a little help (and Patchou doesn't even change the header to show the direction)

quote:
HE added a Plus! styled right-click pop-up menu to the ListView
* markee points at the OnWindowidEvent_LstViewRClicked event and the MsgPlus.CreateChildWnd method

quote:
HE made the contest window browse to the right webpage
That is something I'm not sure about.... yet.  It is probably usable, but you just have to work out how to use it, that's all.
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by matty on 06-14-2007 at 03:19 PM

It isn't usable trust me. There isn't an API for the control or a macro to make it navigate to the pages.

However after looking at this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/En-US/library/aa752127.aspx there may be something there, obviously I am at work and don't have the time to play around with it but may be able to create your own.

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Patchou on 06-14-2007 at 05:53 PM

if you really want to use a web browser in the windows I can always add some basic functions to use the web browser control of Plus! into the scripting API, that wouldn't be very difficult.

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Oxy on 06-14-2007 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
if you really want to use a web browser in the windows I can always add some basic functions to use the web browser control of Plus! into the scripting API, that wouldn't be very difficult.
It'd be neat :P
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Matti on 06-14-2007 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Why didn't you do that before? No, just kidding: that'd be very cool! :)
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Eljay on 06-14-2007 at 07:41 PM

quote:

<3 Patchou :P

I've made a little list :P 8-)
PlusWnd::Browser_GetLocation(ControlId)
    Returns the browser's current url.
PlusWnd::Browser_SetLocation(ControlId, Url)
    Navigate to the specified url.
PlusWnd::Browser_Back(ControlId)
    Go back one page.
PlusWnd::Browser_Forward(ControlId)
    Go forward one page.
PlusWnd::Stop(ControlId)
    Stop loading the current page.
PlusWnd::Refresh(ControlId)
    Refresh the current page.
OnWindowIdEvent_BrowserLocationChanged(Wnd, ControlId, Url)
    This event is triggered when the browser's location changes (e.g. from clicking a link or submitting a form, NOT from the Browser_SetLocation method)

* Eljay stops being so demanding 8-)
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by matty on 06-14-2007 at 07:56 PM

Oh and also how to use the Read/WriteInterfacePtr

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by markee on 06-15-2007 at 02:13 AM

Thanks Patchou, this is going to be so good.  But why haven't you added the functionality before? :tongue:

Are there any other things that shouldn't be too hard that you could give us as well? (A)

RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by Matti on 06-15-2007 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Are there any other things that shouldn't be too hard that you could give us as well? (A)
...like adding functionality for the TreeViewControl? (A) You already did that for the Log Viewer window, so maybe we can make use of it now too?
RE: [?] Hmmm.. Internet on Interface Windows? by matty on 06-15-2007 at 12:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markee
...like adding functionality for the TreeViewControl? (A) You already did that for the Log Viewer window, so maybe we can make use of it now too?
Treeview you can use the API for its not a problem there. I already use it in my Script Editor Script I was workign on.