Shoutbox

file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... (/showthread.php?tid=75345)

file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... by MattyRid on 06-14-2007 at 08:41 AM

Yeah that's right I need a file viewer that does not rely on explorer.exe to run so I can back up my files.

Why do I need it? all of a sudden yesterday morning (Aussie Time) my explorer.exe has just decided to go on a mid of it's on and restart itself everytime even if it has just started again, it just restarts again and again. So I need a good file viewer so I can transfer important stuff to my external HDD and then format my computer and do a clean install.

Also, anyone know of a good program that will allow me to create a Windows Install disk for XP that has all hotfixes and stuff with it as well?

RE: file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... by Mike on 06-14-2007 at 08:50 AM

Total Commander

RE: RE: file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... by MattyRid on 06-14-2007 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Total Commander

Thanks alot! works great....now to find a program that will put all windows hotfixes and stuff into a windows xp setup disc for me
RE: file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... by Mike on 06-14-2007 at 09:29 AM

Try nLite.
I have never used it before though, so I don't know if it can do what you want...+

RE: RE: file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... by MattyRid on 06-14-2007 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Try nLite.
I have never used it before though, so I don't know if it can do what you want...+

seems good...only if it didn't keep giving me errors about hotfixes that I'm putting it :@
RE: file viewer that does NOT rely on explorer.exe and something else... by linx05 on 06-14-2007 at 10:54 AM

More in this thread.