Shoutbox

Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! (/showthread.php?tid=75392)

Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by UltimateOne on 06-16-2007 at 02:13 PM

I have tried numerious times to download Msg Plus! Live but, when I run it and such, it makes my computer run soo slowly. It starts slow but, after awhile, Windows Live runs ok, but it slows my computer right down. Does anyone know of anything that could be causing this, or suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by Oxy on 06-16-2007 at 02:19 PM

Can you post your system specs?
Also, if you've got any scripts, disable them too.
Any other add-ons for WLM?

RE: RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by UltimateOne on 06-16-2007 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
Can you post your system specs?

Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.0GHz
2.39 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Not sure what else you'd need. Running Windows XP Professional. I can use Msg Plus! prefectly fine, but Msg Plus! Live runs slow. I would really like to somehow fix this problem.
RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by joey on 06-16-2007 at 03:59 PM

what version of MP!L are you using? do you have any add-ons installed?

RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by Oxy on 06-16-2007 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UltimateOne
Not sure what else you'd need. Running Windows XP Professional. I can use Msg Plus! prefectly fine, but Msg Plus! Live runs slow. I would really like to somehow fix this problem.
Read my post over again:
quote:

RE: RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by UltimateOne on 06-16-2007 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICD
what version of MP!L are you using? do you have any add-ons installed?

I am going to try and download the latest version of MP!L right from the MSN site and I will disable all scripts/add-ons and see how it goes.

quote:

None.

Will let you all know how it runs.
RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by Matti on 06-16-2007 at 04:41 PM

quote:
and download the latest version of MP!L right from the MSN site
Err... the MSN site? I don't think you'll find it there. Maybe take a look at the top right of this page, where it says "download"? :P
RE: RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by UltimateOne on 06-16-2007 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
and download the latest version of MP!L right from the MSN site
Err... the MSN site? I don't think you'll find it there. Maybe take a look at the top right of this page, where it says "download"? :P

Sorry. What I ment was, I was going to download Windows Live Messenger, than Plus! Live :P

Also, I have downloaded both programs, ran the update, and they both appear to be running faster than I expected. My computer is not slowing down either. Thanks for all of your help. If I do run into some problems, I will be sure to come here first.
RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by KatieScarlett on 06-16-2007 at 06:48 PM

Here's one important question, have you installed the optional "Sponore" along with Messenger Plus! Live? Because once I've done so, and what happened was, it greatly slowed down my computer down. And also check if you have much much scripts installed, they might be causing it!

;)

RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by Oxy on 06-16-2007 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KatieScarlett
Here's one important question, have you installed the optional "Sponore" along with Messenger Plus! Live? Because once I've done so, and what happened was, it greatly slowed down my computer down. And also check if you have much much scripts installed, they might be causing it!

;)

No need to worry, the problem has already been resolved.

quote:
Also, I have downloaded both programs, ran the update, and they both appear to be running faster than I expected. My computer is not slowing down either.

RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by Voldemort on 06-16-2007 at 08:26 PM

quote:
The sponsor doesn't cause that.
RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by Volv on 06-17-2007 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
doesn't
shouldn't*
RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by KatieScarlett on 06-17-2007 at 01:36 PM

lol. But it happened to me. =P
It flooded me with lots of popups and stuff.
Since then I removed it. ;D

But what I'm curious about is, Patchou currently work, and is able to get prizes for his contest and stuff, so why need the sponsore? :S

RE: Msg Plus! Live runs S L O W!! by CookieRevised on 06-17-2007 at 02:10 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
But what I'm curious about is, Patchou currently work, and is able to get prizes for his contest and stuff, so why need the sponsore? :S
Well, Patchou's work IS programming Messenger Plus!, he does not have any other job as programming Plus! is already more than a full time job....

Since we can get it for free, he does need an income from somewhere else. That is why the sponsor is there.

Also, the prizes from the contest come from the very same sponsor (and some out of his own pocket, thus which indirectly also comes from the sponsor).

So, no sponsor = no Plus! and no contest

;)

PS: next time try to make a new thread when you have questions like this, as this is seriously off topic otherwise ;)

[/OFF TOPIC]