Shoutbox

Msgplus! live sponser program. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Msgplus! live sponser program. (/showthread.php?tid=75395)

Msgplus! live sponser program. by Discrate on 06-16-2007 at 03:33 PM

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the website of the company that provides the sponser porgam in plus? Or the website where you can sign up for the sponser program to use in your own program.

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Menthix on 06-16-2007 at 03:43 PM

Current company is Circle Developement Ltd. (CiD), but i don't think they have a site open to public where you can apply.

If you are seriously interested best thing is probably to contact Patchou and ask him to get you in touch with them. But i can imagine they have pretty big requirements before they even consider you a potential partner, like having a popular software program that targets specific users (agegroups/demographics) and a high minimum amount of users.

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by joey on 06-16-2007 at 03:45 PM

whats your program going to do? =p

RE: RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Discrate on 06-16-2007 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Current company is Circle Developement Ltd (CiD), but i don't think they have a site open to public where you can apply.

If you are seriously interested best thing is probably to contact Patchou and ask him to get you in touch with them. But i can imagine they have pretty big requirements before they even consider you a potential partner, like having a popular software program that targets specific users (agegroups/demographics) and a high minimum ammount of users.

Thanks for your reply, im surprized that they dont have a website and that they do get alot of "partner".

quote:
Originally posted by ICD
whats your program going to do? =p

All sorts of magical things!
RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by absorbation on 06-16-2007 at 08:22 PM

They will only sign up deals with large profitable projects, unless you have something with millions of downloads I wouldn't expect much :).

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Chris4 on 06-16-2007 at 08:52 PM

Hmm, I found an interesting website about Circle Development Ltd..

http://cidhelp.com/

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Menthix on 06-16-2007 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I found an interesting website about Circle Development Ltd..
about = from* :p

CiD owns that domain, but all they seem to do with it is show the Plus! sponsor EULA and use an email address on it for support.
RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Omar on 06-16-2007 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
But i can imagine they have pretty big requirements before they even consider you a potential partner, like having a popular software program that targets specific users (agegroups/demographics) and a high minimum amount of users.
yeah, like they would limit the ways they can deliver ads to potential customers...

I would say it doesn't matter if your program gets only 100-200 downloads... those are still 100-200 downloads, and they make them money...
RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Menthix on 06-16-2007 at 11:16 PM

It's how almost every advertising company (besides Google and some others) works. Especially with a sponsor bundle that bundles with other software. It takes time to prepare a customized installer, contact between both parties, and such. Also, bigger programs with more users attract bigger advertisers, which usually pay more.

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by si3rra on 12-09-2007 at 10:15 PM

Why are my post, and the reply about CiD deleted?

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Patchou on 12-09-2007 at 10:47 PM

sorry, they were not deleted, they were moved to the beta section of the forum, I thought all the people who were talking about this were beta teters.

So to reply to you: the Circle Developement address you found in Montreal is simply another company, I did some check-ups on that today. It's absolutely not related to me or the sponsor program. Can you tell me where you found the msgpluslive.net url associated with this company?

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by si3rra on 12-09-2007 at 11:32 PM

The adress and the link to the msgpluslive site where on two separate adresses. Well i got no access to betaforum ^^ but ill try to find the adress again, well, move back my posts (edited) or give us betaforum :P:o)

Edit:
This adress: http://www.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453117839

says that CiD = www.msgpluslive.net

how it it really, with c2media aka Cid and Secure software inc?
And why are they called CiD when its the same old c2media aka Lop.com?

RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Patchou on 12-10-2007 at 07:09 PM

Well, this site is mistaken, I'll contact them so that they correct their entry. As for Secure Software, it's an old buisness-related company and it was never related to the actual distribution of the adware program (and it's been dead for a long time, business stuff, they bore me). Circle Dev is the evolution of C2Media as it was announced when I made the switch. "lop.com" is a synonym wrongly used on the net sometimes, it refers to a very old version of the adware program of C2Media and people who use this name are generally the same people who want to justify false claims related to Messenger Plus! which can be verified in the present.

So, as you can see, there's just a lot of confusion public wise about all of this. All there is is a company called Circle Developement who creates an adware program which I then distribute in Messenger Plus! as an option. That's it.

I hope it answers your concerns :).

RE: RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by si3rra on 12-10-2007 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

So, as you can see, there's just a lot of confusion public wise about all of this. All there is is a company called Circle Developement who creates an adware program which I then distribute in Messenger Plus! as an option. That's it.

I hope it answers your concerns :).

Sure you did, i was just wondering cuz it's so much talk about you Patchou and Messenger Plus! how it steals, even how the creator makes money of "kids", how lop.com is involved and so on and so on, and people on many sites like this http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Messenger_Plus_Live/1151240522/1, people are always talking bad of plus!. maby cuz they don't know better?! or cuz they cant read the installer windows and choose the right option!?
I think bad rating on sites like betanews, scares people for using the software. dont you?

Offtopic. about this site www.ircfast.com, thats taking pay for freeware programs, yes Plus! Live to, and worse, their google ads are often seen on the msgpluslive.com download page. can't you block them? :D
cuz what ive learned, people think that google ads are like search results, not seeing them as just ADS.
RE: Msgplus! live sponser program. by Patchou on 12-11-2007 at 03:31 AM

You're right, a lot of things can be said about someone or something. On the net, it's hard to tell who's right, you have to take sides and unfortunately, I understand why some people hate my stuff without even knowing it seeing what some people post sometimes.

Anyway, about sites like ircfast, we're still working on this but it's proving difficult to reason with them. I know hope a bigger company like Microsoft will be able to shut them down (because they offer programs like Messenger itself as well).