Shoutbox

[request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. (/showthread.php?tid=75416)

[request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. by Tigerking on 06-17-2007 at 10:50 AM

Hi all, i have a request.
Normaly userpics from others is turned off, i can only see my own. ( because i dont like it if someone uses pics with tits and asses, and than my mum comes in my room :D )
But now me and some friends got some animated stuff and to see them i have allways to turn on userpics. I have disabled with a patch to show userpics in sign in window, but i still want to turn off and on the userpics from others quicklier. Is there a possiblity with a script ?
Thanks.

RE: [request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. by scott2010_h on 06-18-2007 at 10:29 PM

Use the arrow on the side of the convo window by the display picture:
http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hide1cs7.jpg

RE: [request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. by kryp2nyt on 06-25-2007 at 05:06 PM

No he wants a script to STOP TRANSFER of display pics from other contacts altogether

RE: [request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. by CookieRevised on 06-27-2007 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
No he wants a script to STOP TRANSFER of display pics from other contacts altogether
No, he wants to toggle the option to see the DPs of his contacts in a quicker way than going to the menu: Tools > Options > General > Show display pictures from others...

The quickest way is as scott2010_h showed. This also is a temporary setting. As soon as you close the conversation window the default option will be applied again (the one you've set in the options). Which seems the most logical choice for him, as he normally doesn't want to see the DPs of others, although this method is only per contact/chat and not global.

It might be possible to write a script to do this automatically for only certain contacts (his trusted friends). But that requires some looking up and 'investigating' what windows message is send or what internal function is called when you press the arrow next to the display picture of the contact. It doesn't seem impossible...
RE: [request] Option to turn on/off others Userpics. by Matti on 06-28-2007 at 08:13 AM

And in reply to Cookie's post, here's an example code how you can achieve this using a script. This code snippet basically checks if the contact you opened a chat with is in an array and then fakes a click on the button. This won't work with more than 1 contact, however it's very easy to do so.

code:
var arrayContactsShowDP = new Array("john@hotmail.com", "mike@hotmail.com");

function OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(ChatWnd) {
   var Contact = new Enumerator(ChatWnd.Contacts).item();
   for(var i=0; i<arrayContactsShowDP.length; i++) {
      if(Contact.Email == arrayContactsShowDP[i]) {
         Interop.Call("user32", "SendMessageW", ChatWnd.Handle, 0x0111 /* WM_COMMAND */, /* cmdid: extbtnyou */ 2248, 0);
         break;
      }
   }
}