Shoutbox

I'm appearing offline to some friends - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I'm appearing offline to some friends (/showthread.php?tid=75417)

I'm appearing offline to some friends by quit99 on 06-17-2007 at 11:41 AM

hi,

i am appearing offline to some contacts when i am actually online. this is to only some contacts. can someone help me fix it. i am using live messanger with plus live v4.20

regards

i also have two other accounts as well but for one it works normally and the other is in the same situation as the one up there. i also tried using Pidgin (Gaim) and no success. Also tried re installation for live messanger.
RE: I'm appearing offline to some friends by joey on 06-17-2007 at 12:00 PM

with pidgin, did those contacts appear offline with that account? if so, it might be a fault at their end....

RE: I'm appearing offline to some friends by quit99 on 06-17-2007 at 12:22 PM

pidgin and messanger had the same results in every case. but i got further news. when trying a different computer, one of my friends who originally say me as offline now see me as online however can never start a convo with my, it just says the message was not sent. they could just reply to my messages and once they closed their message box they needed for me to start it again

RE: I'm appearing offline to some friends by joey on 06-17-2007 at 01:07 PM

do you know what version of messenger they are using? it might be something to do with the format that the messages are sent, i cant think of the word! :P

Edit: character encoding. they might have different character ending to you or your/their messenger program doesn't understand whatthe other is saying because of the way its sent?....i think, im no expert =p

RE: I'm appearing offline to some friends by quit99 on 06-17-2007 at 09:34 PM

they are using live messenger too

RE: I'm appearing offline to some friends by MicroWay on 06-17-2007 at 09:39 PM

I think the problem is caused by a server problem.... Anyway....

If I'm not wrong, there are some threads on the forum asking the same... Make some search!!! ;)