Shoutbox

cant add contact to desktop.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: cant add contact to desktop.. (/showthread.php?tid=75429)

cant add contact to desktop.. by guanako on 06-17-2007 at 05:21 PM

as you see on the screeshot its just not possible to add this contact, and i know its not already on my desktop because it would say "remove contact.."
[Image: attachment.php?pid=828393]

RE: cant add contact to desktop.. by Mnjul on 06-17-2007 at 05:23 PM

This menu-disabled bug somewhat randomly happens here too and can usually be fixed after you close (by the X button) and reopen the contact list :)

RE: cant add contact to desktop.. by guanako on 06-17-2007 at 05:29 PM

it doenst do anything its been that ways isnce i 1st wanted to add the contac to the desktop i could reopen the list or exit msgr ans still the same thing happends

RE: cant add contact to desktop.. by ahmetgns on 06-17-2007 at 08:18 PM

Note that you are receiving contact updates from that person. That feature updates your contact's several email addresses and Plus! disables those menu options.

Simply go Edit Contact window and remove other various e-mail addresses and save it. Then you'll see that those menu items will come back.

This problem was asked on this forum, by me, and CookieRevised warned me about searching the forums before asking something, so there was a thread about this problem before my thread actually. So in your case there are already two threads at least about this problem.

Edit (29/10/2008): Edit your contact's details and choose "Instant Message Address" for his/her Primary Email Address and Save the changes.

RE: cant add contact to desktop.. by guanako on 06-17-2007 at 10:10 PM

im sorry maybe i didnt search good enough, being a memeber since 2005 still doesnt help me huh? o well thanks anyway :) (btw it worked)