Shoutbox

Disable automatic integration with iTunes (What I'm Listening To) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Disable automatic integration with iTunes (What I'm Listening To) (/showthread.php?tid=75443)

Disable automatic integration with iTunes (What I'm Listening To) by lizard.boy on 06-18-2007 at 03:28 AM

Yes, while most people need a way to make What I'm Listening To work, I need a way to DISABLE Messenger's integration with iTunes. Why? you ask. I use a plugin for iTunes called AMiP which formats the now playing info differently than Messenger's default (Track) - (Artist). Unfortunately, Messenger overwrites this. Now since I know there are multiple scripts which alter messenger in memory, I was hoping someone could figure out a way to fix this behavior, and totally disable iTunes integration, whilst still leaving What I'm Listening To enabled.

Now one weird behavior I should point out: I have removed the WLM integration DLL from Windows Media player, and now while i have media player open, WLM doesn't integrate with iTunes (what I'm aiming for). Perfect! problem solved!? Not quite, this only works while Media Player is running, and I'd rather have it closed.

Hopefully someone can come up with a solution, and I'll love them eternally.

RE: Disable automatic integration with iTunes (What I'm Listening To) by lizard.boy on 06-20-2007 at 04:27 PM

bump.