Shoutbox

HP: DH (Predictions) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: HP: DH (Predictions) (/showthread.php?tid=75483)

HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 06-20-2007 at 08:40 AM

With little over a month left, lets try to take a guess at who's going to die.
Is it going to be Voldy, Harry or both? Vote and post your comments.

I vote Voldy dies for various reasons. The best being because I want him to despite him being a formidable foe, if Harry dies, I don't think anyone else can kill him. At least that's what the prophecy said.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by markee on 06-20-2007 at 08:47 AM

Dumbledore will rise from his ashes like his phoenix and die again. Ok, that was a stupid prediction but is possible in a book about magic... maybe he has a horecrux lying around somewhere? The thing where you can put your thoughts? One of the ancient relics? They are all possibilities.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by AngelDevil on 06-20-2007 at 09:10 AM

If Harry die, the story haven't any sense... Harry is the favourite of all people, I think...

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 06-20-2007 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Ok, that was a stupid prediction but is possible in a book about magic... maybe he has a horecrux lying around somewhere?
Doubt that Dumbledore would have done something so evil because making a horcrux requires an act of great evil to split the soul.
I doubt Dumby would do that :) And making horcurxes makes you "less human" because the soul is split. Dumby, by all counts, was "human", if not more, in is actions ;)

quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
If Harry die, the story haven't any sense... Harry is the favourite of all people, I think...
Not true. Quite a few people dislike Harry. He has a number of qualities less than ideal but after what he's gone through, its no surprise. Also, its this exact imperfection which makes him a better character and at times to some/most people, more relatable.
AngelDevil: Please recast your vote. I reset-ed the polls to add the last option. Sorry :)
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by joey on 06-20-2007 at 09:23 AM

i know there's something un-expected will happen but there's so many things that could happen its hard to guess. =p i reckon dumbledore will come back though.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by hmaster on 06-20-2007 at 10:13 AM

It is the final book so Harry should die :D but they can't really keep Voldemort alive as there is no Dumbeldore no more so he should die too :P.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 06-20-2007 at 10:42 AM

I think harry will find out he's the last horcrux and the only way to kill voldemort is too kill himself at the same time as fireing the avade kedavra curse.

OR

Harry destroys voldy and then goes onto being minister of magic.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by andrewdodd13 on 06-20-2007 at 12:01 PM

JK said the ending makes it so that it'll be quite hard for someone else to write another book about it... so Harry probably gets pwnt.

Dumbledore may be in the book, but probably doesn't get rezzed - his memories from his pensive may be used to guide Harry or something. Although perhaps Dumbledore used Voldemort as a horcrux so that he can't die until Voldemort does. That'd be kinda cool.

The was a lot of pulling in the sixth book, so there'll probs be more of that. Like Ron will walk in on Harry and Hermione (I can see her dying too, even though she's hot in the films, her character is quite a sub), and he'll be really jealous cause they sort of looked like they were getting together at the end of the last book and will end up getting himself killed because of it, or something. :p

OT: The font in the Quick Reply box looks nicer on my Ubuntu box than it does on Windows :o...

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Lux on 06-20-2007 at 12:03 PM

i think that Harry Potter alrady died.....? [Image: msn_sarcastic.gif]

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by vaccination on 06-20-2007 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
I personally HATE the 'Harry's a horcrux' theory.

If you read book six, you'll see that creating horcruxes requires incantations and such, you can't 'accidentally' make somebody a horcrux.
And okay, let's presume Voldemort did make him a horcrux. Why would he try kill his damned horcrux? Why would he make his mortal enemy a horcrux?

All hail Damo :bow::bow::bow:
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Lourix on 06-20-2007 at 02:57 PM

I think that Ron and Hermione might get together also I have a good feeling Harry will die but it will be for something bigger, if you know what I mean.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-20-2007 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I vote Voldy dies for various reasons.
I want them both to die.....
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Dumbledore will rise from his ashes like his phoenix and die again.
JKR said he was dead for real :sad:
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
nopeeeeeeee.... The story has sense every way you think about it
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Like Ron will walk in on Harry and Hermione, and he'll be really jealous cause they sort of looked like they were getting together at the end of the last book and will end up getting himself killed because of it, or something.
rofl nooooooooooo harry+ginny ftw... and then harry dies... or maybe a threesome :zippy:
quote:
If you read book six, you'll see that creating horcruxes requires incantations and such, you can't 'accidentally' make somebody a horcrux.
And okay, let's presume Voldemort did make him a horcrux. Why would he try kill his damned horcrux? Why would he make his mortal enemy a horcrux?
WOOOHOOOO agreed!
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by ShawnZ on 06-20-2007 at 03:08 PM

quote:
I doubt Dumby would do that

maybe he already did :p
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-20-2007 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
maybe he already did
I don't think he did... he said... "Death is nothing but the next great adventure" or something.....
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 06-20-2007 at 04:08 PM

quote:

Pft if you remember, he uses only important deaths for horcrux's.
So he was obviously ready to do it and maybe did the incantation.

or maybe when the curse backfired on harry it split is soul anyway.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Tasha on 06-20-2007 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
quote:

or maybe when the curse backfired on harry it split is soul anyway.

Who's saying he did it on Harry then? If he was ready to do it, he could've done it on anything in Godric's Hollow, or even something else. And you think Voldemort wouldn't figure out his soul had been split again? There's no point making Harry one if he's just going to try and kill him anyway.

Oh, and I think both Harry and Voldemort will die.
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 06-20-2007 at 04:14 PM

I am saying it could be harry. Though I think there's a big thing in the fact that the killing curse backfired. And that could be something, i reckon jk rowling is going to say something like that in her next book.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-20-2007 at 04:27 PM

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

quote:
Though I think there's a big thing in the fact that the killing curse backfired. And that could be something, i reckon jk rowling is going to say something like that in her next book.
It's just like nothing compared to the complete plot!

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by stoshrocket on 06-20-2007 at 04:30 PM

Personally, even though I've only read upto the Goblet of Fire, and a quick read about JK saying it'll be hard to carry the series on, Harry won't necessarily die, but somehow, someway loses the magic and becomes a 'muggle' from killing voldy. :happy:

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-20-2007 at 04:40 PM

Nice idea methos.... I wouldn't have thought of it.... maybe Harry's killing curse kills Voldy and somehow it backfires and makes harry a squib/muggle

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by stoshrocket on 06-20-2007 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Nice idea methos.... I wouldn't have thought of it.... maybe Harry's killing curse kills Voldy and somehow it backfires and makes harry a squib/muggle
Ha, I thought it was too, I just made it up off the top of my head when typing, I just wanted a reason to say 'Harry won't die' tbh :P Something inside me is just saying he's not gonna die, and the only other real way it would be hard to continue from the novels would be to remove the magic.
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 06-20-2007 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Finally someone says it right :)
* John Anderton gives Damo a cookie

quote:
Dumbledore may be in the book, but probably doesn't get rezzed - his memories from his pensive may be used to guide Harry or something.
Yep (Y)

quote:
Although perhaps Dumbledore used Voldemort as a horcrux so that he can't die until Voldemort does. That'd be kinda cool.
That would be stupid. Living things aren't preferred to be horcruxes. Also Dumbledore wouldn't do something so evil to split his soul and he was totally nice. Once you split your soul, you become kinda inhuman because you lose a part of yourself.
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by prashker on 06-20-2007 at 06:51 PM

Everyone. 666.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Discrate on 06-21-2007 at 08:37 AM

Harry potter is going to die, i know he will.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by vaccination on 06-21-2007 at 03:27 PM

quote:
quote:
Why yes, you're right. Now if YOU remember, he was most likely going to use Harry's death as his next horcrux. He didn't achieve this so they opt that Nagini is one, using the death of Frank Bryce to split his soul.
quote:
And? You think just because he killed Harry's parents his soul's just going to jump into the next thing it sees? Nobody knows how the ritual works exactly but we all know that Voldemort chooses his Horcruxes. And I dare say you'd do the incantation on the object after you've killed somebody, not before.

Best example of this, if Nagini is a horcrux, Voldemort didn't know Frank Bryce would be there that night, Nagini informed him that he was outside the door. Avada Kedavra, Frank's dead, THEN Voldemort does his hocus pokus.

Damo saves the day again :cry: <3
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 06-22-2007 at 06:23 PM

quote:
That's just dumb :-/
A curse making you a squib/muggle. You're kidding me, right?
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-22-2007 at 06:28 PM

Well.... not exactly that, but Voldies and harry have a weird connection.... his scar because of the avada kedavra is something that has never been seen before, so instead of killing voldies and ending there it does something to harry... I dunno :P

but JKR did say the story was going to be hard to continue so :p

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 06-22-2007 at 06:30 PM

If she makes Harry into a muggle/squib the ending would be so dodgy that I'd fly all the way till the UK just to trout slap her.. :dodgy:

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-22-2007 at 06:34 PM

quote:
f she makes Harry into a muggle/squib the ending would be so dodgy that I'd fly all the way till the UK just to trout slap her..
Rofl, it's just a thought.....

Btw, an interesting thing about book's security and the way the are handled (for the american edition), comes from a mod on darkmark.com (fanta is webmaster there :cheesy:):

quote:
Originally posted by winkie

The other issue is how on earth anyone could get their hands on this and not get caught. I have worked (only telecommuting, unfortunately, and on a non-HP project) with Brad Walrod, who has done the layout for at least three of the American books.

One day I said I just had to ask him, what's it like? And he said that the text and images are given to him by security. He goes to the publisher's offices to do the layout, and every day when he leaves, he would have to prove that he had saved the work so far on an external hard disk, which was locked away, and then wipe the hard drive. Every single day. The computer that the layout is done on is certainly not connected to the internet, or the internal network of the publishers. It is stand alone. When he is done with the whole project, it is couriered to the press.

In addition, when he took the job on, he walked into a boardroom that was filled with an army of lawyers to sign huge stacks of contract. He would lose everything if he leaked, and I'm reasonably sure that this level of security was not provided only for his benefit. They keep the number of people working on this project extremely low, and take enormous legal care with it.

I work in a small publisher's studio. Here's what you need to create a Harry Potter type book in the 2nd millenium:
the writer (Jo)
an editor, possibly two
an illustrator
a layout designer/compositor
a copyeditor, possibly two
a printer (only one has to actually view the book, the press runs mechanically and electronically)

Now granted, swap Jo for a translator, and you need the same team of six to eight for each language edition. But that's extremely small.

Even when you add in security teams, this number is still extremely small. The major leak damage comes when the books go out to the bookstores and begin to tempt the people who work there. Even then, if they're caught (when they're caught, the whole point of leaks is the sharing—if you just read it and kept your mouth shut, who'd know?), the consequences will cost their jobs, and the lawsuit will cost everything else.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 06-22-2007 at 06:39 PM

I agree with what darkmark said and its pretty obvious such measures are taken by any company for a book that is so highly anticipated but a very high percentage of the people who read books (ie novels) :)

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 06-22-2007 at 06:43 PM

btw, why where my posts deleted? there was nothing wrong, it was shawnz' i reported..... should i repost =/? rofl :dodgy:

Which, i forgot to mention, makes this guy a liar :D

quote:
Originally posted by wannabe hacker

It's amazing to see how much people inside the company have copies and drafts of this book.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by the_rebellion on 06-25-2007 at 06:58 PM

i do 2. i mean if harry was a horcrux then he would hav 2 kill himself 2 kill voldemort and tht wouldnt work bcuz ifhe commited suicide then who would kill voldemort. the prophecy clearly says harry iz the ONLY ONE who can kill voldemort

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Rolando on 06-25-2007 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_rebellion
iz ne1 even lokkin at this Thread?

can you shut the fuck up? seriously :P

I like the muggle theory, i dont want harry to die..
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 07-13-2007 at 10:20 PM

Okay, What do you guys think will happen?

I want Luna and Neville to get together, they are just so clumsily cute together (gay, i know)
I want to see little redheads at the end of the book.
I want Harry Potter to die.
I wanna see bushy haired kids.
I wanna see another bad guy.
I wanna see the story repeat.

I think I'm going to be dissapointed, I expect too much.

Edit:
I can't wait anyway, I'm sure some plot twist will make it worth the wait.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by saralk on 07-13-2007 at 10:32 PM

Dumbledore will not come back from the dead, there was no elabroate trick involving dumbledore's animagous being a phoenix or anything. The simple reason is that JKR does follow traditional literary conventions and almost all great stories have the hero facing his/her nemesis alone

Also, I personally think that Snape:

a) heard the whole prophecy and only gave enough information to Voldemort in order to make him go after Harry, therby handing the world the weapon of his own demise.

b) is working for himself, choosing to play the order and the death eaters against each other, giving select information in order to gain favour in both circles and ultimately emerge as the one true victor. (I also think that it'd be nice poetically if it ends with three people, all of whom have had troubled childhoods [we saw from the pensive and the glimpse into Snape's mind that he was beaten as a child and bullied], each fighting each other for their own beliefs.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 07-13-2007 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Dumbledore will not come back from the dead, there was no elabroate trick involving dumbledore's animagous being a phoenix or anything.
Exactly!
quote:
b) is working for himself, choosing to play the order and the death eaters against each other, giving select information in order to gain favour in both circles and ultimately emerge as the one true victor.
I agree, you've got a good theory

edit:
and i think you're probably right...
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Spunky on 07-14-2007 at 12:52 AM

JK recently said (on Jonathan Ross?) that she MIGHT continue the story years and years from now, so killing Harry would seriously mess up her ideas... (if he was dead and she carried on, she couldn't call them "Harry Potter" books anymore, but just books set in the same world)

I had theory when I read  HBP that the pheonix was important. Authors these days don't tend to fill pages with useless events. It's nearly all relevant.

I don't think Snape is evil still. I think he knows something that we don't... ^o) (He's my favourite character just because of the actor in the films :p)

As for people dying, it's most likely going to be Snape and Voldemort to go in this one.

This is just a theory but:
To come back as a ghost, you have to have left some kind of mark (or impression) on the world. Harry looks like his father (but with his mother's eyes ;)), meaning that they might play an important part in the next book? It might also be a way for Dumbledore to come back and run Hogwarts as a (the first) ghost headmaster

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 07-14-2007 at 01:13 AM

I doubt Dumbledore will come back, because Harry saw dumbledore in the portrait in the headmasters office. And I'm sure he'd already be a ghost otherwise.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 07-14-2007 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
JK recently said (on Jonathan Ross?) that she MIGHT continue the story years and years from now,
If we are talking about the same interview, she said "Never said never"...

quote:
I doubt Dumbledore will come back, because Harry saw dumbledore in the portrait in the headmasters office. And I'm sure he'd already be a ghost otherwise.

Where have you been the last year?
JKR said that Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is no more, he's dead, dead, dead and is not coming back. That doesn't mean he didn't leave something for Harry, JKR told Daniel Raddcliff that Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was giving her much trouble...

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 07-14-2007 at 08:44 AM

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by Napbree

Where have you been the last year?
JKR said that Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is no more, he's dead, dead, dead and is not coming back. That doesn't mean he didn't leave something for Harry, JKR told Daniel Raddcliff that Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was giving her much trouble...

Yeah, thats why I said I doubt he'd come back... and dumbledores portrait IS in the headmasters office. What I was trying to say was to Spunky... That Dumbledore wont come back as a ghost because he's already a portrait.
RE: RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by methos
quote:
Something inside me is just saying he's not gonna die, and the only other real way it would be hard to continue from the novels would be to remove the magic.
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
JK recently said (on Jonathan Ross?) that she MIGHT continue the story years and years from now, so killing Harry would seriously mess up her ideas... (if he was dead and she carried on, she couldn't call them "Harry Potter" books anymore, but just books set in the same world)
Who says that when HP dies the books can't continue or that it can't be called "HP books" anymore?

You could make perfect stories about how the ghost Harry Potter has many more adventures, or how Harry tries to find his magic again, etc. And who says there is not an, yet unknown, spell to bring Harry back to life or to give somebody magic? What I mean is, people dying is by no means the end of a story, nor is loosing magic, especially not in hocus pocus land...

The only thing you can be sure of is that a lot of people will be dissapointed, a lot will find it the "coolest book yet" (like it was with almost every book (and film)... I mean... it can not get keeping better and better, sometimes there is dip), that alternative endings will be put on the net by amature writers, etc...

(I also think HP is hyped up a bit (way) too much, but blah)
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by saralk on 07-14-2007 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And who says there is not an, yet unknown, spell to bring Harry back to life or to give somebody magic?

JKR did. She said that being dead and staying dead is one of the most fundemental things in the whole book. Otherwise it basically undermines the whole point of the series.

It was in a really early interview, like before the fourth book came out.

Also, this might be a good time to explain the two book rule.

A lot of fans have theorised that JKR introduces key elements into the series early so when they are used importantly, we already are familiar with them.

For example, in book 1, McGonagall transformed from a cat into a human, outside Harry's house. Introducing animagi, two books later in PoA, the animagi become a very important part of the whole book.

In book 2 (CoS), Harry, Ron and Hermione use polyjuice potion. It wasn't really an important part of the story line, and if it wasn't in the book, wouldn't really effect the story. Two books later, in GoF, Polyjuice potions become very important as Moody is actually an imposter using said potion.

In book 3 (PoA), Trelawny gives a prophecy to Harry, again, not very important to the story line, 2 books later and the prophecy becomes the "game changer" of the whole series in OotP.

In book 4 (GoF), Harry accidently uses the pensive in DD's office. In HBP, DD and Harry use the pensive extensively.

Which means something in OotP will be crucial to the plotline of DH.

Although, another thing I thought was that you can consider the first 6 books as two trilogies. Which mirror each other.

For example:

PS/SS: Unsuccesful attempt to bring back Voldemort from the dead.
CoS: Voldemort tries to get into Harry and Ginny's minds in order to bring himself back from the dead.
PoA: Voldemort wasn't even involved in the book, but his aide comes out of the woodwork to help him (although the person we thought was his aide actaully wasn't).

That was the first trilogy in the series.

Trilogy 2:

GoF: A succesful attempt at bringing back Voldie from the dead.
OotP: Voldie infiltrates Harry's mind in order to get something in return
HBP: Voldemort not involved in the book, an apparant aide comes out of the woodwork to help him.

Now two things from that:

1) In PoA, the person we thought was working for voldemort wasn't, so maybe Snape isn't working for voldemort either, as that would be the obvious conclusion.

2) Since the first 6 books are so obviously linked, maybe it is a sign that book 7 will be a complete departure from the rest of the series, and so things like the 2 book rule can be discarded.
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 07-14-2007 at 10:16 AM

quote:
CoS: Voldemort tries to get into Harry and Ginny's minds in order to bring himself back from the dead.
Not true, the book as we now know was a horcrux, and the book held instructions to letting the monster live. He could never have come alive, he just possessed ginny.
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Rik on 07-14-2007 at 10:40 AM

I hope she surprise us.
But i think they'll die both in a very large fight and magicians and muggles will live in harmony in the end:P

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nefzen on 07-14-2007 at 10:40 AM

hmmm if Voldemort dies, it's ok, but if Harry dies. . .
no sequels. QED.
meh it'll be annoying if Harry died just now. . .
he should have died ages ago.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by saralk on 07-14-2007 at 10:50 AM

quote:
quote:
Not true, the book as we now know was a horcrux, and the book held instructions to letting the monster live. He could never have come alive, he just possessed ginny.

Actually when he is in the chamber he is actually sucking life out of Ginny, if he didn't stab the diary with the fang, then Tom Riddle would've come back to life and Ginny would die.
RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 07-14-2007 at 11:08 AM

Hmmm, *Me* goes and reads the whole series before the new HP book comes out :P

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by saralk on 07-14-2007 at 11:24 AM

quote:
I really don't see why there's any doubt whether Voldemort will die or not, you can't end such a series with the hero dying and evil winning, it's ridiculous. ._.

I dunno, to quote Dumbledore

quote:
"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 07-14-2007 at 11:27 AM

I think he means that, you can defeat one evil person but someone will take over.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 11:36 AM

The hero winning and the enemy dying is sooooooo oldschool and cliché and predictable, maybe that is a reason why it wont happen...

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Nathan on 07-14-2007 at 11:42 AM

Yep, and JK rowling also said there would be a few un-predictable twists.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by vaccination on 07-14-2007 at 12:18 PM

I hope they all die and Voldermort lives to rule the world.

It's the ending you always want but never get in such films/series.

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by Voldemort on 07-14-2007 at 02:58 PM

quote:
The hero winning and the enemy dying is sooooooo oldschool and cliché and predictable, maybe that is a reason why it wont happen...
Yeah... I think something 'in between' is going to happen....
quote:
spell to bring Harry back to life or to give somebody magic?
JKR said on some interviews that she had to establish what magic can and cannot do, so death is death... about the second, well, I think it comes on the part of what it can't do

quote:
(I also think HP is hyped up a bit (way) too much, but blah)
a bit, but they are almost not marketed compared to other books... it's fans that make the hype...

edit without posting: i suck, i wrote the post like 2 hours ago

RE: HP: DH (Predictions) by John Anderton on 07-24-2007 at 10:23 AM

ayjay, Damokun, duck!, Haz, John Anderton, L. Coyote, Nefzen, Phillip, Supersonicdarky and Volv win :)
Congratulations ;)

Also a note with respect to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=75...d=836380#pid836380

She did it again. Imo the first time we saw the Elder wand in (real) use was OotP in the duel against Voldemort :)
I salute the brilliance that is JKR :)