Shoutbox

req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline (/showthread.php?tid=75539)

req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by akyyy on 06-22-2007 at 03:10 PM

when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline :)

thank you:S

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by joey on 06-22-2007 at 03:33 PM

the purpose of wlm is that you talk to people, not disappear when thay want to talk to you! :P

RE: RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by Lux on 06-22-2007 at 03:34 PM

why would you wanted such a script?!??! :S
you can just swich it yourself if you wish that :D
and

quote:
Originally posted by ICD
the purpose of wlm is that you talk to people!

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear off by matty on 06-22-2007 at 03:45 PM

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(_chat, _origin, _message, _messagekind){
    if (_origin !== Messenger.MyName) {
        Messenger.MyStatus = 2;
    }
}

I know the origin name is stupid but whatever!
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by Voldemort on 06-22-2007 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Why..?!!?
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
the purpose of wlm is that you talk to people, not disappear when thay want to talk to you! (Smilie)
quote:
Originally posted by LooKa
why would you wanted such a script?!??! (Smilie)
you can just swich it yourself if you wish that (Smilie)
and
Why bash him like that if you're not helping?
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by Lux on 06-22-2007 at 03:56 PM

i did helped :|
told him to change his status by himself :) :P

RE: RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear by Phillip on 06-22-2007 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Why..?!!?
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
the purpose of wlm is that you talk to people, not disappear when thay want to talk to you! (Smilie)
quote:
Originally posted by LooKa
why would you wanted such a script?!??! (Smilie)
you can just swich it yourself if you wish that (Smilie)
and
Why bash him like that if you're not helping?

I didn't "bash" him. It was a simple question, incase there was another was he could archive the same results.
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by joey on 06-22-2007 at 04:11 PM

it just doesn't seem like a useful thing to have, let alone practical! :P

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by albert on 06-22-2007 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
    function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(_chat, _origin, _message, _messagekind){
        if (_origin === Messenger.MyName) {
            Messenger.MyStatus = 2;
        }
    }

Matty, 3 '='? :S
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear off by Ezra on 06-22-2007 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
Matty, 3 '='? (Smilie)
In PHP this means that the types of the variables should also be the same.

so "2" === 2 should be false, while "2" ==  2 would be true.

I guess this is the same for Jscript
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear off by Nathan on 06-22-2007 at 06:40 PM

No
"2" === 2 would be true. 3 '='s means it has to be identical. Which it is.

(in php)

quote:
Originally posted by php.net

$a === $b    Identical     TRUE if $a is equal to $b, and they are of the same type.

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by matty on 06-22-2007 at 06:47 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwise_operation

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear off by Ezra on 06-22-2007 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
No

You can test it yourself, "2" and 2 are not identical as the first one is a string (char array) and the second one is an integer.

Simple test:
code:
function testit()
{
    "2" === 2 ? Debug.Trace("TRUE") : Debug.Trace("FALSE");   
}

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by roflmao456 on 06-23-2007 at 04:11 PM

from looking @ the code

why is it _origin equal to your name?

shouldn't it be != instead?

because then only you (when you send a message) will appear offline when you send

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear off by Matti on 06-23-2007 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
from looking @ the code

why is it _origin equal to your name?

shouldn't it be != instead?

because then only you (when you send a message) will appear offline when you send
Correct. Therefore, you should use "!==" (not the same value and same type) or "!=" (not the same value).
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
No
No, the first part is a string and the second is an integer. In the case of comparing names, it isn't really necessary to check if the types are equal to. Messenger.MyName would only return a non-string when you're not signed in, but I can't think of a case where _origin is a non-string. But, for the sake of avoiding the smallest glitch, it's recommend to use "===" if you're sure the types are equal, otherwise something weird happened and you better make the script don't respond on weird things. :P
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by akyyy on 07-05-2007 at 03:02 PM

well?:(

but i just change status, when xxx@msn.com write to me

no all:)

(example: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=74676 )

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by toddy on 07-05-2007 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by akyyy
well?:(

but i just change status, when xxx@msn.com write to me

no all:)

(example: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=74676 )
can you repeat that in english please ?
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by akyyy on 07-05-2007 at 05:58 PM

when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline

and

when someone sing out, i will change my status automatic online

RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by Jimbo on 07-05-2007 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by akyyy
when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline

and

when someone sing out, i will change my status automatic online

[Off-topic]
What is the point of that :s
[/Off-topic]
RE: req:when someone send message to me, i will change my status automatic appear offline by Screeny² on 07-05-2007 at 06:46 PM

I assume that he wants only when a specific person sends him a message, his status should automatically set itself to 'Appearing offline' to make this person believe he's gone, and when he or she finally signs-out, his status should be online again.

akyyy: You could try the "Block Talking" feature of StuffPlug 3.