Shoutbox

Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 (/showthread.php?tid=75547)

Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 by warmth on 06-23-2007 at 01:57 AM

I had found a kind of behavior that I think is a bug or an incompatibity with the last WLM 8.5 beta release... When I normaly use the previous text recall feature using the shortcut CTRL+UP... The list appears and no text is in the textbox... when I select the previous text that I want to send the list disappear and the textbox is fulled with that text I selected... Now this time... is different... I CTRL+UP and the list appear and randonly the textbox is fulled with one of my previous messages without being selected... look the screenshot...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=830118]

RE: Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 by CookieRevised on 06-23-2007 at 03:09 AM

I can not confirm; it works like it should, also with the latest beta.

RE: Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 by warmth on 06-23-2007 at 03:41 PM

I'm running vista 32, with MP!L 4.23, with MD2 beta built 7 and MSNShell 4.2.28.27... all was going ok but when I updated throughout the windows update... this weird behavior began to appear...

Edit: I will do some tests... like unistalling MP!L and reinstalling it... and I will let u know what happened...

RE: Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 by warmth on 06-26-2007 at 10:40 PM

I found that the problem is a incompatibility with MD2 beta 7... I unistalled it and all went to normal again...

RE: Previous Text Recall feature bug in WLM 8.5 beta Update 1 by ahmetgns on 06-27-2007 at 08:22 PM

Does MD2 have the previous message recall feature like Messenger Plus!? Because I read some post of Matt which he was talking about adding that feature to MsgDiscovery. If it uses a way to recall previous messages similar to Messenger Plus!, then that can be the reason.