Shoutbox

Contact card not showing Space contents - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contact card not showing Space contents (/showthread.php?tid=75578)

Contact card not showing Space contents by xiaogeer on 06-24-2007 at 06:47 AM

hi, i have noticed that my msn's contact cards dont show space contents. i'm using wlm 8.1. just want to ask if this is normal or what, coz i really want the contact cards to be able to display space contents.

my contact cards are similar to this:
[Image: t_wlm8101661m_8bc2baf.png]

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by MattyRid on 06-24-2007 at 06:52 AM

if the space hasn't been updated after a certain period then yes...well that's been my findings over time anyway :P

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by xiaogeer on 06-24-2007 at 07:08 AM

but one of my friend just updated hers, and even a gleam was shown. but when i display the contact card, still the same thing.

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by MattyRid on 06-24-2007 at 07:15 AM

If when you click on the contact card it says "More About Me" Click that, could help.

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by xiaogeer on 06-24-2007 at 07:21 AM

nope, dont show anything like "More About Me"

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by MattyRid on 06-24-2007 at 07:23 AM

Maybe it just can't get to the space at the moment and it's just showing that, making me think it's a problem to ask Microsoft.

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by ahmetgns on 06-24-2007 at 07:33 AM

You probably don't see Space when you right click on a contact and View>Space. Do you see it?

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by MattyRid on 06-24-2007 at 07:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
You probably don't see Space when you right click on a contact and View>Space. Do you see it?

That doesn't make any difference because even if it hasn't been updated in a while, or a contact updates their contact details, you can still access it that way at anytime.

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by xiaogeer on 06-24-2007 at 08:10 AM

this is a screenshot of my own contact card displaying myself. and i have a space myself. i use to be able to view my own contents as well, but now it only appears this way...

[Image: t_Image0032m_01a7f96.jpg]

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by yayo685 on 07-22-2007 at 04:59 PM

yes i have the same problem as well....except i don't think its just messenger live plus causing this, I've uninstalled both messenger live and windows live and reinstalled windows live. Still nothing. I don't know if whats causing this is the same for us both though.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns

btw what do you do if it doesn't say that and the person has a windows live space
RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by MattyRid on 07-22-2007 at 08:24 PM

I'll ask is....what firewall are you using?

P.S The question is for both yayo685 and xiaogeer

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by yayo685 on 07-23-2007 at 03:58 AM

comodo pro firewall

but i had zonealarm before and it did the samething

RE: Contact card not showing Space contents by ahmetgns on 07-23-2007 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yayo685
btw what do you do if it doesn't say that and the person has a windows live space
From my experiences, if that option doesn't exist there, then either contact has set a permission setting for his/her space, or Windows Live Spaces have a temporary problem which causes Windows Live Messenger not to be able to access it.