Shoutbox

Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? (/showthread.php?tid=75679)

Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by chronos on 06-27-2007 at 12:26 AM

If you can improve this, please tell me. Thanks!
My email: wjmmjdd@126.com

RE: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by Supersonicdarky on 06-27-2007 at 12:40 AM

the two versions of plus are completely different. you can't import settings from plus! 3 into plus! 4

RE: RE: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by chronos on 06-27-2007 at 02:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
the two versions of plus are completely different. you can import settings from plus! 3 into plus! 4

well,  may i ask when can the preference settings made in version 3 and 4 be used in your latest versions (Messenger Plus! Live 4.23.276)?

the settings i made are so important for me that i can not use your new version without it. (it's impossible for asking eveyperson for their real names in my list and making a new setting for the new version)

RE: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by lizard.boy on 06-27-2007 at 02:53 AM

Unfortunately, the custom names feature of Msgplus! 3 has been left out. The reason is that Windows Live Messenger comes with a feature to rename your contacts. I don't think there's any way to transfer your settings.

RE: RE: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by chronos on 06-27-2007 at 03:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
Unfortunately, the custom names feature of Msgplus! 3 has been left out. The reason is that Windows Live Messenger comes with a feature to rename your contacts. I don't think there's any way to transfer your settings.

oh, what a pity..
i have to go bakc to my old versions of msn 7.5 and plus 3.6 and copy them manually..
thanks for reply!
RE: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by CookieRevised on 06-28-2007 at 12:41 AM

When you install Messenger Plus! Live over Messenger Plus! 3, all the old settings which are relevant to Messenger Plus! Live will automatically be ported....

Custom nicknames aren't relevant as Messenger Plus! Live doesn't have that feature anymore, as lizard.boy explained.

You can't import a preferences file from Messenger Plus! 3 into Messenger Plus! Live, nor vice versa...

RE: Why I cannot use the preferences settings of older version(v3.6)?? by chronos on 07-02-2007 at 10:10 AM

Thanks CookieRevised!