Shoutbox

How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? (/showthread.php?tid=75708)

How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by d_devil70 on 06-28-2007 at 01:04 PM

Hi

I've got two e-mail addres, but I use only one. But on the other addres, I've got many mails that I receive every day.

I see in the menu of WLM + that I can see my emails on different acounts.
But it asks me to enter a 'mail server'

Knowing that the other addres si a Hotmail one, what sould I enter?

Thanks

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 04:45 PM

I remember that Hotmail haven't a POP3 server.. if you have another email provider (Gmail etc) I can find the mail server, but for Hotmail is impossible (pop3 server isn't public)

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by Oxy on 06-28-2007 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
I remember that Hotmail haven't a POP3 server.

It does, but on paid accounts, and therefore your statement:

quote:
but for Hotmail is impossible

Is false. ;)

quote:
I think that HOTMAIL account is different from HOTMAIL PLUS account
I was thinking as "hotmail" as the whole hotmail e-mail range.. sorry for any confusion

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 04:57 PM

I think that HOTMAIL account is different from HOTMAIL PLUS account. Because he don't specify that the account is a paid account (HOTMAIL PLUS), I said that is impossible to have the pop3 server address for a standard Hotmail account.. for Hotmail plus you have reason :)

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by Mycow on 07-26-2007 at 05:30 PM

Hi, I've got a yahoo mail and I already configured the POP3 server address and the other things.
What I wanted to know is that if there is a way to open the yahoo email page when I click the msg plus icon because I can only make it open at Outlook Express. Is that possible?

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by ahmetgns on 07-26-2007 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mycow
Hi, I've got a yahoo mail and I already configured the POP3 server address and the other things.
What I wanted to know is that if there is a way to open the yahoo email page when I click the msg plus icon because I can only make it open at Outlook Express. Is that possible?
Yes, it is possible (at least here, I don't know if it works for you too) You must write this address for Email Client on the E-mail Account Settings window of Messenger Plus! Live:
code:
http://www.yahoo.com/r/m1

If you make your computer remember your yahoo password, then it will directly go to inbox.

Messenger Plus! opens the default email client on your computer if you wrote nothing there and in your case that client is Outlook Express. A limitation for the time being: Windows Live Mail program is not opened even if it is default client. But you can configure Outlook Express for your Yahoo Account instead opening it at a browser, why don't you try it?

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by Mycow on 07-26-2007 at 08:43 PM

Thanks a lot!

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by dreamzzz on 09-02-2007 at 02:59 AM

how do u configure the settings for yahoo mail? I tried many times but it failed.

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by ahmetgns on 09-03-2007 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dreamzzz
how do u configure the settings for yahoo mail? I tried many times but it failed.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=75390

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by Camilein on 09-05-2007 at 06:54 AM

What do I type though if I do have a payed hotmail account? I am soo confused :S

RE: How to use the multiple E-mail addres function? by ahmetgns on 09-05-2007 at 07:14 AM

Go here : Help page of Windows Live Hotmail/How do I add my e-mail account to Microsoft Outlook Express?/ Use a POP3 server to add your Windows Live Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook Express.

Configure your Messenger Plus! for only incoming settings, all of them are written there except POP3 port number. Leave it as 110 in Messenger Plus! External E-mail Settings wizard.