Shoutbox

Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? (/showthread.php?tid=75712)

Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Patchou on 06-28-2007 at 07:01 PM

Hello,

the contest will officially be over tonight, at midnight, and it would be a shame if not all the special shirts were won so here are some tips for my friends on the forum: the remaining shirts are in the flames of each candles.

Remember this is all very special merchandize you will not find in the online store, ever. The shirts look great and I'm sure most of you could use a new mousepad or a mug :).

In any case, good luck and thank you once again for participating to this game :D
Patch

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 07:03 PM

Thanks Patchou!

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Rolando on 06-28-2007 at 07:07 PM

going to get one .. or try

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Supersonicdarky on 06-28-2007 at 07:09 PM

w00t

* Supersonicdarky goes to click for the first time this week

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by MeEtc on 06-28-2007 at 07:10 PM

Oh no, I'm at work, and have no access to Plus here :(

quick! someone save me a candle for me to click!

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Jimbo on 06-28-2007 at 07:14 PM

Lol give us a precise candle:P

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 07:17 PM

I've won it!!! Yuppy!!!

Patchouuuuuuu I've a problem... in the full name in the form i don't have write my surname... how I do to resolve it?? Please helpppp....

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Supersonicdarky on 06-28-2007 at 07:27 PM

gimme exact coordinates plz <3

my wrist hurts :sad:

wait, maybe its in the candles in the alternative pic ;o
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 07:29 PM

217.33...? I don't remember it exactly... in the first candle

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Mike on 06-28-2007 at 07:33 PM

In the flames of the candles again???
Nooooooooooooo

bah :P

PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 07:36 PM

Patchou I've problem (already posted in Wanna etc., so remove this if you want after read)... I don't write my surname in the form when I add the request of the shirt... can you help me in any way?

Edit: I send an email to contest <at> msgpluslive <dot> net.. it's correct?

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by x2zen on 06-28-2007 at 07:39 PM

I just won a t-shirt :banana:
My birthday is getting better and better :P

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Chocolatino on 06-28-2007 at 07:50 PM

My button isn't there any more :(

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by ahmetgns on 06-28-2007 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally written in the rules of contest

Winners can request to change the information they entered on the winning form by sending an email to the address specified below.
So I don't think you really needed to write it also here.
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
I don't didn't write my surname in the form...
I think you meant that.

Actually, I had worries about the Full Name thing in the beginning of the contest, and I expected some people will write only their first name(s), and not their surname.
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by toddy on 06-28-2007 at 08:04 PM

OMG NEWBS ALERT !!!!!

as patchou has said ten's (if not hundred's) of times, patchou sends an email to all winners. so you will recieve an email shortly from him, where you can confirm all your details

RE: RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:04 PM

My english is bad! All can see it... I'm only 17 years old.. please exscuse me..! :$

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
So I don't think you really needed to write it also here.

Yes, but I've read it after posting here

Edit after toddy posted:

Ok thanks... exscuse me the second time :$... I'm a new user of this forum, I haven't read it yet... Thanks thanks!
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:09 PM

quote:

Actually, I had worries about the Full Name thing in the beginning of the contest, and I expected some people will write only their first name(s), and not their surname.
It says "Full Name" for a reason.

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by joey on 06-28-2007 at 08:13 PM

oh ill just put my nickname on this forum then, he'll know who i am! :P read properly next time! =]

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Mm no... there is a difference in italian language.. in italian NOME (name) is ONLY the first name, full or not.. doesn't exist in italian FULL NAME (translated wrongly in NOME COMPLETO), because in italian in every document it is NOME e COGNOME (NAME AND SURNAME).

Full name is not very used, for this I wrote only my name (because I've 2 names)..
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:20 PM

So; there's 3 left, wana tell us which 3 candles? (A) :P

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:21 PM

I already told it.. my is the uppest (it's correct? :) ) candle

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by ahmetgns on 06-28-2007 at 08:24 PM

quote:
I really wonder what is that reason?
quote:
Full name is not very used, for this I wrote only my name (because I've 2 names)..
Here in Turkey too, and that's why I had worries about that. If vaccination explains what is that reason, that will help me to understand it. thanks in advance vaccination.

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:24 PM

quote:
I already told it.. my is the uppest (it's correct? :) ) candle
Yes, but there is a prize in each of the candles :P

So, there is 1 in each candle I believe. But with only 3 prizes left, only 3 candles have a prize in.
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 08:25 PM

lol .. even if i know which candle i will not win

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by CookieRevised on 06-28-2007 at 08:27 PM

It says "Nome completo" in the Italian translation. This might not be the literal translation for "first name & last name", but it is like "complete name", which is the same as "full name" (and shorter as "first name & last name")....

Nevertheless if you need to fill out your coördinates somewhere and they ask for a name, it is almost logic to put your full name, even if it wasn't asked explicitly...

Anyways, as you can read from many posts already, Patchou will contact you anyways (and only entering your first name isn't a crime, you wont loose the prize because of it. The name isn't that important.... just as long as your address is correct you shouldn't worry about it).

;)

PS: next time do not make another thread for this. Especially not if you already asked for help in that other thread. That is called cross posting and isn't allowed on any serious forum. (And always search and/or in this case read the rules and help pages first).

;)

congratulations btw...

* CookieRevised gives AngelDevil a nice cold icecream to get through these hot days...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

quote:
quote:
DOH! I think it says "full name" because you are expected to enter your shoe size there, dunno... :dodgy::dodgy:

It "says full" name because you are expected to enter your full name, obviously :rolleyes:

EDIT2: some usefull link here
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:29 PM

(for vaccination) Yes I'm saying you that my is in the uppest.. so the left isn't certainly there.. ok? ;)

However the prizes are on the flames, not in all the candle!!

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 08:30 PM

quote:
(for vaccination) Yes I'm saying you that my is in the uppest.. so the left isn't certainly there.. ok? ;)

i guess ur luck is good .. but mine os bad
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:31 PM

quote:
quote:
Cookie already explained but, 'Full Name' indicates, your complete, or full, name. A full name means first name AND surname, else it would not be full. Understand?
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Oxy on 06-28-2007 at 08:32 PM

Is it against the rules to play on two emails using polygamy? (A)

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:33 PM

quote:

Yes, I know. :P

But thanks anyway.
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
if don't think so ..
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ali
quote:
if don't think so ..
Even so, I doubt it'd make it any faster, and thus giving you no real advantage.
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:39 PM

Ahahahah!! Exscuse me (third time!)! However I wrote "remove this if you want after read".. just beacuse Patchou disabled PM... ok?

But the translation is incorrect... i am not a dictionary of my language, but the correct short translation is Name and surname (nome e cognome)... doesn't exist in italian full name!!! Also if you translated it, literal or not literal, but italian people doesn't use this statement

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Oxy on 06-28-2007 at 08:39 PM

quote:
I doubt it'd make it any faster, and thus giving you no real advantage.

you can click again while waiting for the server delay. :P
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by joey on 06-28-2007 at 08:40 PM

there's a reason someone invented email...8-)

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 08:40 PM

quote:

ya but .. there is only 3 prizes left .. so wat is the point
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICD

there's a reason someone invented email...

I ask this because I didn't know that I can write email for the correction.. Now I know it..
RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by ahmetgns on 06-28-2007 at 08:47 PM

I just wondered why "Full Name" but why not something like "Name&Surname". I support AngelDevil at this point, because me too feel myself like I'll only write my name(s), not my surname. Because at first glance, I think only my name(s) are wanted (although it is too stupid but due to the excitement of the just won prize people can't think in a logical way), not my surname because Surname is something else and should be requested explicitly.

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Oxy on 06-28-2007 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ali
quote:

ya but .. there is only 3 prizes left .. so wat is the point

the fact you get to click twice as more as you usually would? :P
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by aNILEator on 06-28-2007 at 08:50 PM

GAWD taking about 15 seconds to refresh the comp after each click!

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by AngelDevil on 06-28-2007 at 08:51 PM

Thanks ahmetgns... at least you...

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by Oxy on 06-28-2007 at 08:53 PM

Okay, patchou will contact you. End of.

RE: PATCHOU HELP ME PLEASE... by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 08:55 PM

quote:
I just wondered why "Full Name" but why not something like "Name&Surname". I support AngelDevil at this point, because me too feel myself like I'll only write my name(s), not my surname. Because at first glance, I think only my name(s) are wanted (although it is too stupid but due to the excitement of the just won prize people can't think in a logical way), not my surname because Surname is something else and should be requested explicitly.

Err.. your surname IS your name(well, a part of it). See, it even has the word 'name' in it.

Your reasons are, IMHO, silly and do not conform to the English language.
RE: RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 08:55 PM

quote:

the fact you get to click twice as more as you usually would? :P

ya ok .. |-)

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
GAWD taking about 15 seconds to refresh the comp after each click!

for me it take 3-4 sec :o
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Patchou on 06-28-2007 at 09:08 PM

instead of talking about it, try it: only one contest window will open, even if you try to launch several using polygamy :p.

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
instead of talking about it, try it: only one contest window will open, even if you try to launch several using polygamy :p.
pfft, no point trying it now :P
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Mike on 06-28-2007 at 09:14 PM

Can you "make the pages load faster" for the last 3 prizes? (A)

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 09:20 PM

can u tell us which candles .. coz there is no time

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Patchou on 06-28-2007 at 09:27 PM

I'm narrowing the prizes to 6 little candles and you still find the courage to ask me for more help? :p

You have 8 hours left, that's plenty of time for such little areas.

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 09:29 PM

i know .. but before it was 6 prizes .. but now they are 3 .. so we don't know where to click .. thx for the help ..
(A)

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Rolando on 06-28-2007 at 09:29 PM

quote:

why the hell does it matter? Stop making pointless posts, the contest is already over.. so why start arguing about something that can't be changed. Do you just sit in front of the computer and say "Today, I want to make 10 pointless posts.. lets see what they're talking about and make a completely offtopic and stupid post to increase my post count"
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by MeEtc on 06-28-2007 at 09:50 PM

another prize just disappeared

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by CookieRevised on 06-28-2007 at 09:52 PM

quote:
I just wondered why "Full Name" but why not something like "Name&Surname".
Because in English it is "Full Name" and not "first name & surname", because "n & s" is way longer than "full name" and space is limited, because this is how 99,999999999999999% of all software and other stuff which needs coördinates is written, becaus ein most parts of the world everybody understand what "full name" is.... because of what q25 said, because it gets annoying...

quote:
I support AngelDevil at this point, because me too feel myself like I'll only write my name(s), not my surname. Because at first glance, I think only my name(s) are wanted (although it is too stupid but due to the excitement of the just won prize people can't think in a logical way), not my surname because Surname is something else and should be requested explicitly.
The more you write stuff like that the more I think your English skills are seriously lacking.... and the more I wonder how accurate your Turkish translation actually is...

In English it is dead plain clear what "full name" means.... (and not only in English for that matter, extremly many languages use something like "full name"). Even a small child of 6 will give you her first name and surname if you ask her her "full name" (or she will kick you in the nuts and starts screaming, that's possible too -these days-...)
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Luigi on 06-28-2007 at 10:09 PM

I never found any virtual prize either during the testing week, and they WERE hidden in the candles' flames. I won't ever find one of those shirts. :'(

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ali on 06-28-2007 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luigi
I never found any virtual prize either during the testing week, and they WERE hidden in the candles' flames. I won't ever find one of those shirts. :'(
i guess ur luck is like me .. so don't wait  for the 7th anniversary
RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by MeEtc on 06-29-2007 at 12:35 AM

I think that more hints should be posted if these 2 remaining shirts aren't found soon

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by MicroWay on 06-29-2007 at 01:01 AM

First: Thanks Patchou!!!!

Agree with you MeEtc, but I think they are going to be found soon!!!

* MicroWay is starting to see his luck waving for him...

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by tony on 06-29-2007 at 01:36 AM

we have 2 shirts remaining, wouldn't be better if you tell us what specific candle is?

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by MeEtc on 06-29-2007 at 02:20 AM

*1 shirt

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by Felu on 06-29-2007 at 04:53 AM

---------------------------
Messenger Plus! Live
The contest is now over, the results will be posted at msgpluslive.net.
Thank you for your participation!
OK   

:'( You said 8 hours in your previous post which means there are still 35 mins left. Patchou is a liar :sad:.

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by ahmetgns on 06-29-2007 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by q25

why the hell does it matter? Stop making pointless posts, the contest is already over.. so why start arguing about something that can't be changed. Do you just sit in front of the computer and say "Today, I want to make 10 pointless posts.. lets see what they're talking about and make a completely offtopic and stupid post to increase my post count"
No, that is not my concern. Anyway, mostly my posts are being removed to T&T forum. I only write all of these because one winner, AngelDevil, misunderstood what Full Name means, and my assumption was confirmed. I'm not arguing, I'm not trying it to be changed on the contest's last day... you just want to understand it like that.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The more you write stuff like that the more I think your English skills are seriously lacking.... and the more I wonder how accurate your Turkish translation actually is...
Like I said before, I admit I can't write English very well because I sometimes confuse Turkish grammar with English grammar . But I can ensure you that I always do understand what a proper English sentence means. If you have doubts, I strongly recommend you to go to Translation Office and make them check my translation.
quote:
In English it is dead plain clear what "full name" means.... (and not only in English for that matter, extremly many languages use something like "full name"). Even a small child of 6 will give you her first name and surname if you ask her her "full name" (or she will kick you in the nuts and starts screaming, that's possible too -these days-...)
My only concern was people like AngelDevil. He is the example of my concern.

The contest is over anyway :D

RE: Wanna win a 6th Anniversary Shirt? by dylan! on 06-29-2007 at 06:14 AM

I'm almost positive that seeing as they downloaded it off the internet... that millions of people around the world did the same and even if he doesn't understand it, its common sense to put their first AND last name into information for a prize no matter where due to the fact that there are so many other people with the same name and you should put your surname if you actually want the prize.