Shoutbox

Will contest button be removed automatically? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Will contest button be removed automatically? (/showthread.php?tid=75720)

Will contest button be removed automatically? by ahmetgns on 06-28-2007 at 08:55 PM

I just wonder if there is some automatic system to remove contest button after a specific date like the case of version 4.22. If so, will people in Sydney lose their chance to participate to the contest much much before the people in Canada, or even did they lose it? :D.

RE: Will contest button be removed automatically? by Oxy on 06-28-2007 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I just wonder if there is some automatic system to remove contest button after a specific date like the case of version 4.22. If so, will people in Sydney lose their chance to participate to the contest much much before the people in Canada, or even did they lose it? :D.

after the bug in 4.22 where the button would "disapear", i presume so. :)
RE: Will contest button be removed automatically? by vaccination on 06-28-2007 at 09:00 PM

quote:
If so, will people in Sydney lose their chance to participate to the contest much much before the people in Canada, or even did they lose it? :D.
I doubt it, it'll be timed for each timezone most likely.

RE: Will contest button be removed automatically? by Patchou on 06-28-2007 at 09:06 PM

the button will gradually be removed on everybody's computer, automatically, starting tomorrow.

RE: Will contest button be removed automatically? by toddy on 06-28-2007 at 09:09 PM

quote:
does it really matter :S

and 2, its easy enough to work out. just change your system clock and see what time it disappears
RE: Will contest button be removed automatically? by CookieRevised on 06-28-2007 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Why would the system have been changed? Anyways, how the contest button works has been explained several times, including in threads you have posted in before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/me is getting very annoyed at all the (useless) threads about the contest....

All you need to do is search the forum and/or read the already many threads about the contest. All this new thread creation is NOT helping anybody at all.

And/or start by reading the rules and help page in the contest window....

(^^ not only towards ahmetgns)

RE: Will contest button be removed automatically? by Patchou on 06-28-2007 at 10:47 PM

happy happy :) ;)