Shoutbox

Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) (/showthread.php?tid=75728)

Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 07:19 AM

:(I ACCIDENTALLY LOCKED MY MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE...
WHAT DO I DO?
I'VE BEEN TOLD TO " PRESS THE DISCONNECTED " ...
BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OR WHERE THE "DISCONNECTED" IS
IF I TRY REDOWNLOADING IT... IT DOESN'T WORK!
MY MAIN QUESTION IS... HOW DO I UNLOCK MY MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE?
THANKS!:D

RE: PLEASE HELP! by MattyRid on 06-29-2007 at 07:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
If you locked your Messenger by accident and don't know how to get it back, look for a new icon in your notification area (bottom right; by the clock). It usually looks like a grey disk with tubes/pipes underneath. If you hover your mouse over it, you will see 'Windows Live Messenger'. If you still can't spot it, here's how it should look like: [Image: 4gdm8ol.png] -- Double click this icon to bring your Messenger back. If that doesn't help hold "Ctrl" while you double click

RE: PLEASE HELP! by NiteMare on 06-29-2007 at 07:26 AM

please search first:

Locked Out!
Help! I locked MSN and don't know how to unlock it!!
messenger hidden (locked)
Accidentally locked Msn

there are meny more too

RE: PLEASE HELP! by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 08:05 AM

i can't find that icon...:(

RE: PLEASE HELP! by MattyRid on 06-29-2007 at 08:08 AM

then go Alt+Ctrl+Del look for msnmsgr.exe and end its process and then start Messenger again.

Only to be used as a last resort though after you check your taskbar near your clock and the little arrow, could be a hidden icon.

RE: PLEASE HELP! by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 08:11 AM

what is a title arrow?
TQ

RE: PLEASE HELP! by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 08:17 AM

a LITTLE arrow: <

It is near your clock... if you click on that arrow inactive icons (icons that you don't use frequently) will appear ;)

RE: PLEASE HELP! by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 08:19 AM

i can't find that either:(
must be somethin rong wif my computer

what do i do now?
i also tried the alt+ctrl+del thingy
not working...:(
is there another place i can find that icon?
are you sure that's the cure for msg PLUS! live?
THANKS

RE: PLEASE HELP! by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 08:22 AM

Try to click CTRL + SHIFT + SPACE BAR (click the space bar when you're also clicking CTRL and SHIFT)...

RE: PLEASE HELP! by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 08:24 AM

ok i'll try thanks

OMG! it's still not working!:(
well...are there any other cures?

RE: PLEASE HELP! by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 08:27 AM

This hotkey (CTRL + SPACE) is a possible way (if the option is enabled) to unlock messenger

Have you tried CTRL + ALT + CANC for kill Messenger process?

RE: PLEASE HELP! by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 08:36 AM

CANC? CANCEL
THERE IS NO SUCH BUTTON ON MY KEY BOARD...
IS THRE ANOTHER WAY I CAN FIND THE GREY DISK WITH PIPES/TUBES UNDERNEATH?
LIKE IN MY COMP OR SOMETHING?

RE: PLEASE HELP! by MattyRid on 06-29-2007 at 08:37 AM

ok easy, just open messenger again, sign in and if you are already signed in, the other instance of messenger should show up and then you can end that.

RE: PLEASE HELP! by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 08:39 AM

Sorry! Canc is in italian keyboard... It's DEL or DELETE in your, I think!

Press CTRL + ALT + DEL, then in the Process tab you need to remove msnmsgr.exe

RE: PLEASE HELP! by jayashanthi on 06-29-2007 at 08:40 AM

okey... after i end that what do i do?
My msg PLUS! is not coming back
BTW: it has been quite awhile since it has happened(last month)

i dont wanna remove msg i wanna get my msg plus back...
i accidentally locked it
hehe

RE: PLEASE HELP! by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 08:47 AM

MsgPlus! cannot be locked! You can unlock all Messenger (windows live messenger and msgplus), but not only MsgPlus!... if Messenger are locked, try to reopen it... else specify what is the problem

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-01-2007 at 08:13 AM

only my msg plus is locked
i wanted to check my chat logs but instead i pressed lock plus!
i dunno what to do now
Iasked many people but they do not know either
I tried uninstalling windows live messenger and then redownloading it but that did not work either
even Google does not know...
so i asked messenger help and support and here i am...

RE: RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by ahmetgns on 07-01-2007 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jayashanthi
i dunno what to do now
Iasked many people but they do not know either
I tried uninstalling windows live messenger and then redownloading it but that did not work either
even Google does not know...
so i asked messenger help and support and here i am...

:@ This thread is starting to become very annoying.

You can't lock Messenger Plus!

You can't press "Lock Plus!" because there is nothing like that anywhere on a computer.

Don't you ever shut down your computer? Or don't you ever restart it???

Please please give more more more detail. Because people on here including me think that you locked your Windows Live Messenger using Messenger Plus! Live's "Messenger Lock" feature and most of us don't know something like locking Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
please search first:

Locked Out!
Help! I locked MSN and don't know how to unlock it!!
messenger hidden (locked)
Accidentally locked Msn

there are meny more too

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-05-2007 at 07:49 AM

OMG... I CAN'T JUST MAKE THAT UP!
WHAT VERSION OF PLUS! ARE U TALKIN ABOUT?
MAYBE WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT...
NEVER MIND...
THANKS 4 YOUR HELP THO :)

of course i shut down my CP!
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-13-2007 at 08:20 AM

i did not lock my windows live! i am using it rite now... i locked messenger plus! version 4.23.276 
maybe i'm not in the rite place to find these answers...
neva mind i'll try ask some other web or i can live without plus!
thanks anywayz...

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-13-2007 at 09:14 AM

quote:
i did not lock my windows live! i am using it rite now... i locked messenger plus! version 4.23.276 
maybe i'm not in the rite place to find these answers...
neva mind i'll try ask some other web or i can live without plus!
thanks anywayz...

you can NOT lock messenger plus!, you can only "lock"* windows live messenger. Why? because messenger plus! is still running to ensure windows live messenger is "locked"*.

Asking on another website won't help you because they will probably give a similar explination or just tell you to come back here anyway.

*locking is exactly the same as hiding messenger, the only difference is that the lock feature in plus! will change the icon. But remember it will only lock windows live messenger NOT messenger plus!
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-14-2007 at 08:32 AM

but i'm using windows live messenger now and my icon has changed... and i tried all the things u told me 2 try exept the hard drive thing cause i cannot find that icon anywhere near my clock place thingy...

my icon has a black backgroud

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-14-2007 at 08:39 AM

then double click the ones you think it can be and try it, even if the background is different that shouldn't matter.

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-14-2007 at 08:42 AM

double click the the ones it can be?
i don understand...sorry

i don relly care but da backgroud but ever since that icon is black my msg plus! was not workin anymore but my windows live is working

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-14-2007 at 08:43 AM

anything you think will unlock it...just double click it and see if that unlocks messenger, if none of them do, try holding "Ctrl" down on your keyboard each time. You will find it.

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-14-2007 at 08:44 AM

okey thanks

but...is there any other place i can find that icon? the hard drive with tubes under it?

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-14-2007 at 08:48 AM

quote:
but...is there any other place i can find that icon? the hard drive with tubes under it?
as stated heaps of times already in this thread, near your clock, but please remember we only use that icon as a guide because that is what the default setting is, if you changed it then your own your own trying to find the icon.
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-14-2007 at 08:50 AM

fine...but it aint near my clock
i'll try look 4 it now...

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-14-2007 at 08:52 AM

quote:
fine...but it aint near my clock
i'll try look 4 it now...

that is the only place it can be if it's related to locking messenger. I can see, and bet for that metter, that this is going to be nothing but going in circles

* MattyRid brings out the cash again and starts betting again
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 09:07 AM

quote:
The only item in the main Plus! menu related to what your problem could be is: "Lock Messenger".

Most stuff said in this thread is a solution for unlocking Messenger.

And pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL or CTRL-SHIFT-SPACEBAR and killing the msnmsgr.exe process will always work. Since the lock feature for Mesenger will not stay in place when you close Messenger.

The same story goes for restarting your computer. If you restart you computer the lock will always be removed.

It makes absolutely no sense that it doesn't work for you, unless you didn't followed the instructions properly, or unless you mean something completely different than the "Lock Messenger" feature but that also means your post, which I quoted above, doesn't make any sense....

You also said from the beginning you used Messenger Plus! Live. This means you are using Windows Live Messenger, yet in your last post here you say "but i'm using windows live messenger now and my icon has changed.". So were you or were you not using Windows Live Messenger?

I mention all this because you need to be extremely carefull in what you say if you want to get proper support. People can not help you if you keep on posting contradicting things.

-----------------

Some questions which should have been asked to you from the start:

1) What version of Messenger are you using?
To check this you can go to the contactlist menu: Help > About Messenger.
Give the complete version number (this includes the numbers between the parenthesis).

2) What version of Messenger Plus! are you using (note that Messenger Plus! and Messenger are two seperate programs)?
To check this you can go to the contactlist menu: Plus! > About.
Again, give the complete version number (including all numbers)

3) What is the exact (I repeat: exact) stuff you did? This includes: what have you exactly done before Messenger was locked? What exact menu item did you clicked (exact name please) to lock it.

Be accurate and give the correct menu names and options you might have changed.

-----------------

If I would guess I would say you locked the preferences of Messenger Plus! with a password. (but again, in that case your post saying you accidently clicked "locked Plus!" doesn't make any sense since there is no such menu item to lock the preferences of Messenger Plus!, it can only be done by altering the preferences).
The lock feature for the preferences of Plus! is the only thing which does not reset back when you close Messenger or when you reboot your computer.

To check if it is this feature which is causing you the trouble, go to your contactlist and select the menu: Plus! > Preferences.

If you get a dialog box asking for a password, then my guess is correct and you can find instruction here to how to remove the lock.

If you don't get a dialog box and you can access the preferences, then I am realy realy lost in what you exactly mean and I would like to see a screenshot of what you exactly see on your desktop.

-----------------

Please read the post above very very carefully, do not skip anything, do everything which is said and which is asked before you reply again.

;)
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-14-2007 at 09:36 AM

so if i locked it from preferences what do i do?

(i'm using mp!l version   4.23.276  )

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 09:53 AM

ermm...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Please read the post above very very carefully, do not skip anything, do everything which is said and which is asked before you reply again.
I don't see any answers to the questions I asked...
Nor do I see a confirmation on the test to see if it is the Preferences Lock in the first place...

Anyways, the instructions were also given in that very same post.

PLEASE read posts carefully and do what is asked in posts and answer questions. Although people here are more than happy to help you, not doing what is asked or not answering questions makes it impossible to help you.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you get a dialog box asking for a password, then my guess is correct and you can find instruction here to how to remove the lock.

Do you get a dialog box asking for a password or not?
And don't forget about all the other questions asked in my previous post...
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-15-2007 at 12:14 AM

no there is no dialog box asking me for a password.
I can use WLM normally like if i didn't have plus!...and even if i try redownloading Plus! Plus doesn't work...oh yeah and my msn icon thing has a black backgroud and all my emoticons have a black background...

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-15-2007 at 12:20 AM

so it's not that you have locked messenger, it's because Messenger Plus! doesn't show up every time it's loaded?

Please clear this up

is it me or what because one minute it's one thing and next minute it's another

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 07-15-2007 at 12:29 AM

I cannot access preferences... i don't have plus at all...
these are the things i did ( this happened 3 months ago before i found this forum so this may not be soooooo accurate )  :

I wanted to check my chat logs
so i went to preferences
then, insted of pressing the button to check my chat logs
I accidentally clicked the button to lock Plus!...
Then my WLM just shut down
So i tried to reopen it, but... it didn't work
So I restared my computer and signed in to WLM
WLM worked but PLus! was missing
So i went on the internet and tried redownloading it
Then the process to download it seemed to be working but when the downloading process was done i signed in WLM and Plus! still wasn't there...
and afew months later only i found this forum.
I don't think i missed out anything...but this happened around 3 months ago...and there is no dialog box askin me 4 a password...
I just use WLM as if it was last time,without PLUS! exept my msn icon(the signing in one) has a black background and my emoticons have black backgrounds too...

yep exactly... my WLM isn't locked just that my plus never shows up.

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by MattyRid on 07-15-2007 at 12:47 AM

well that's not how it's came across for everything else in the thread until that point, now have you read to 2 stickies?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69388

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70936

and also...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73710

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=75661

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72952

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72500

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71605

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71752

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71029

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70359

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by jayashanthi on 08-16-2007 at 09:37 AM

None of these are working for me...
Sry

BTW: I'M USING WINDOWS XP
:) ...

RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L) by mohanrao on 10-11-2007 at 12:57 AM

hey... i have the exact same problem
i read all these  stickies and whatnot but unfortunately it ain't workin

Just straight forwardly...tell me... what is the best thing to do if you locked your MPL through preferences...

THANKZ IN ADVANCE

i'm using windows XP
i locked mine from the preferences lock(oops)

whats it for anyway?