Shoutbox

Constant error forces msn to close - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Constant error forces msn to close (/showthread.php?tid=75736)

Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 06-29-2007 at 03:58 PM

Hi, I've had this error for a while now, and just recently it got worse because it forced my MSN to close when it came up.

It looks like the standard XP error reporting screen and says "Windows Live Messenger has encountered and error and needs to close" and has two buttons: Send or Don't Send.

If I click send, it sends then closes. If I click Don't Send, it doesn't send then closes. For weeks I had to drag the box below my taskbar to get rid of it, because if I closed it in any way MSN would close also.

I tried uninstalling MSN and installing an older version (7.5) and it still happened.

I did the tutorial posted by someone here about removing msn fully from my comp and registry then reinstalling, and it still didn't work.

Does anyone know the solution? As of right now its impossible for me to stay on MSN for more than 2-3 minutes before it closes itself.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 04:11 PM

It's depend by another process. Many users have already posted it... can you tell us what OS are you using and if you have add-on installed (Messenger Discovery, A-Patch etc.)?

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 06-29-2007 at 04:26 PM

i have Windows XP SP2 with only MSGPlus, but I've had MSGPlus for almost a year before this started.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 04:46 PM

You are the second person that receive this question from me in two minutes :) :

Have you installed MsgPlus script recently?

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 06-29-2007 at 05:24 PM

Nope.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 06-29-2007 at 05:55 PM

I just removed MSGPlus, and that hasn't done the trick either.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 06:39 PM

Try also you this program:

http://www.valentinomarangi.com/click/click.php?id=1

It's called MSN Repair and it fix many many errors in windows live messenger. For secure first unistall your version and install the 8.1 before trying the program.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 06-29-2007 at 07:04 PM

Yes I have 8.1 I will try this now.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 07:14 PM

Ok tell me if resolve your problem..

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 06-29-2007 at 10:16 PM

No, it did not sort the problem

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by MattyRid on 06-29-2007 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
Try also you this program:

http://www.valentinomarangi.com/click/click.php?id=1

It's called MSN Repair and it fix many many errors in windows live messenger. For secure first unistall your version and install the 8.1 before trying the program.

Like to know how that is going to fix a program problem, and then again it really shouldn't be used as it could use bad methods of repairing errors and putting users at risk of other harmful things.

L.G.S try having a read of this. This will tell you how to do a clean install of Windows Live Messenger.

otherwise report this to Microsoft at http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlm...byemail&ct=eformts and remember to give as much detail as possible with screenshots and stuff.
RE: Constant error forces msn to close by L.G.S on 07-03-2007 at 01:33 PM

Yes I tried the full uninstall of MSN and reinstall.

I think it relates to one contact I have now, because I had MSN running without ANY problems for hours but then this contact started talking to me and the error appeared.

RE: Constant error forces msn to close by ndysm on 07-03-2007 at 08:45 PM

Try uninstalling msg plus. I had the same problem with messenger at first. Tell me the mod name that is causing the problem.

Only difference now is I cannot install msg plus live because some mod called gdiplus.dll isn't functioning correctly or something.

I had msg plus live for like a year, and then suddenly I started getting live messenger encountering error before it even starts. When I uninstalled plus...Live Messenger worked again.

[Image: msgplusprobwocic9.png]

Thats what happens to me when trying to run messenger plus! live.. everytime. It also occurs with version 4.22.. 4.23..and lower. What is going on???