Shoutbox

Ohhh Nooooooo... What's gone wrong with my Firefox? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Ohhh Nooooooo... What's gone wrong with my Firefox? (/showthread.php?tid=75750)

Ohhh Nooooooo... What's gone wrong with my Firefox? by lrac522 on 06-29-2007 at 11:57 PM

:(:( I have noticed since yesterday that when I am using my firefox, after a little while there is a long delay in clicking a link then it froze but If I should do anything else out of firefox it worked fine. I have to be using IE which works fine, something I don't want to do at all. Do you think there is really a problem with my firefox and re-installation would resolve this problem? Thanks a lot... Hi all :wave:

RE: Ohhh Nooooooo... What's gone wrong with my Firefox? by Mike on 06-30-2007 at 12:09 AM

Try creating a new profile and see if that solves the problem:
Start -> Run -> firefox -profilemanager

If that doesn't solve the problem, then you probably have a dodgy plugin installed: Go to the directory you installed Firefox and rename the folder plugins to something else, and then see if that solves your problem.

RE: Ohhh Nooooooo... What's gone wrong with my Firefox? by Baggins on 06-30-2007 at 01:54 AM

Staring firefox in safe mode would also be another way to test for a dodgy plugin.

RE: Ohhh Nooooooo... What's gone wrong with my Firefox? by ryxdp on 06-30-2007 at 04:24 AM

Or you could simply go Tools -> Add-Ons and disable your plugins there... 8-)