Shoutbox

The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! (/showthread.php?tid=75755)

The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Patchou on 06-30-2007 at 02:34 AM

Hey everybody,

that’s it, it’s over! the whole month of June was dedicated to the celebration of Messenger Plus!’s birthday and today marks the end of it. Below, you’ll find the final stats of the contest and the list of last week’s winners can be found on the site.

As the numbers indicate, this event was a tremendous success and the goal was reached: to organize the biggest event ever seen around MSN/Windows Live Messenger. More prizes than originally announced were distributed and all the winners should receive their prize by the end of the month of July. If your name was listed on msgpluslive.net and you don’t get your prize by then, please contact me for verification.

Total of individual clicks: 93,897,032
Total of Individual players: 2,242,758

Lowest amount of clicks on a particular point this week: 0
Highest amount of clicks on a particular point this week: 39,840

[Image: Heatmap_Week4_small.png] Heat map of every click. X marks the shirts, O marks the big prizes.

I’ll soon post another news article about what’s coming in the universe of Messenger Plus! (something exciting :-)) so in the meantime, enjoy your summer vacation if you have any!

Patchou

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Supersonicdarky on 06-30-2007 at 02:36 AM

lol

buttons and corners sure got a lot of attention :tongue:

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by prashker on 06-30-2007 at 02:39 AM

I losed :sad:.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by tony on 06-30-2007 at 02:40 AM

simply awesome :grin:

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Menthix on 06-30-2007 at 02:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I’ll soon post another news article about what’s coming in the universe of Messenger Plus! (something exciting :))
HAWT! :D

But... but... does that mean all our hope on a leet contest shirt is gone? :(
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Phillip on 06-30-2007 at 03:40 AM

Aww I didn't win =[

Was still a great contest tho Patchou <3

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Lou on 06-30-2007 at 04:48 AM

Heh, I love how the line is still there:P Anyway, You should remove the icon;)

<3 I want a shirt too!

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by scott2010_h on 06-30-2007 at 04:54 AM

quote:

As for individual click maps (not heat maps), they may be available in the end of the contest, not before that
and what about the click maps Patchou (A) :P
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by RebelSean on 06-30-2007 at 06:38 AM

Congratulations Patchou :). Huge success indeed. Can't wait to see what else you have instore for us.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Thor on 06-30-2007 at 06:42 AM

Well, that was a nice celebration! :D

Even though many here didn't win anything, it's still a really good result! :cheesy:

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by vaccination on 06-30-2007 at 07:42 AM

Wow. didn't win anything, but still :P

Excited to see what you've got next for us.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by John Anderton on 06-30-2007 at 08:00 AM

The numbers are hawt :D

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
But... but... does that mean all our hope on a leet contest shirt is gone? :(
* John Anderton agrees
Special Plus! tees for the testers *cough*
* John Anderton runs
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by vegaindahouse on 06-30-2007 at 09:37 AM

Well, at least I didn't give up, even after all the game consoles were gone, I clicked and I clicked for the t-shirt..
Me wanted t-shirt.
Excellent contest Patchou.
I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us next.:drool:

Now that I look at the heat map and the location of the prizes, it does feel sucky knowing how close I was to all the big prizes. I'm sure everyone feels the same..

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by EBFL on 06-30-2007 at 11:12 AM

And now, Patchou is a millionare :O

quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=831825]

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nefzen on 06-30-2007 at 12:11 PM

and don't forget that he's using the prizes of this contest to launder money.

"yeah... thank you for contributing to drugs in Canada"
[Image: zippyyeah.gif]
yeaaaaa!

(sorry Patchou, I had to do it :tongue: I'll delete it if it bothers you)

And I'm looking forward to the new and wonderful features you'll add to Messenger Plus. =D
Like hell if I'm gonna trust MS to do that, those "share folders" they came up with are Microsoftic junk of the highest quality (It is needed to physically put the files in the folder, and it only shares with one person! that is, hoping he manages to "synchronize").

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Chris4 on 06-30-2007 at 12:31 PM

Congrats Patchou (Y) Glad the whole contest was a success.

quote:
I’ll soon post another news article about what’s coming in the universe of Messenger Plus! (something exciting) :)
* Chris4 waits for the news :cheesy:
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by absorbation on 06-30-2007 at 01:24 PM

Sounds exciting. I mean Plus! hasn't had any new features really since 3.6 was released (a).

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Patchou on 06-30-2007 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Plus! hasn't had any new features really since 3.6 was released
what the...?
RE: RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Svip on 06-30-2007 at 03:50 PM

quote:
quote:
Plus! hasn't had any new features really since 3.6 was released
what the...?

It is true, if you put an !() around it.
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by absorbation on 06-30-2007 at 04:15 PM

Well ... Messenger Plus! Live improved and built on existing features, it has been a while since something unique and interesting has really came :P. I would count scripts as a new feature, as it is a massive change from Messenger Plus! plugins :P.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Rolando on 06-30-2007 at 05:01 PM

I propose all beta testers get a t-shirt!

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by absorbation on 06-30-2007 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
I propose all beta testers get a t-shirt!

I think they should get a Nintendo Wii :P.
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by albert on 06-30-2007 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I think they should get a Nintendo Wii (Smilie).

I certainly wouldn't mind that. lol.
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by joey on 06-30-2007 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I think they should get a Nintendo Wii (Smilie).

I certainly wouldn't mind that. lol.

i can think of a few more people that would mind though :P

well done patchou on the contest =]
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nathan on 06-30-2007 at 06:59 PM

I'm a beta testers, but wdz couldn't be bothered to put the beta testers image below my stars :P 8-)

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Rolando on 06-30-2007 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
I'm a beta testers, but wdz couldn't be bothered to put the beta testers image below my stars :P 8-)

huh, good one, but beta tester images go above the stars :D
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by joey on 06-30-2007 at 07:51 PM

heh shut him up.....:P

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nathan on 06-30-2007 at 07:54 PM

Yeah wdz got lazy - he cba to put it below them, too much work 8-) so he put them ontop of the stars

I was going to be unique, have them below

RE: RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by ahmetgns on 06-30-2007 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scott2010_h
quote:

As for individual click maps (not heat maps), they may be available in the end of the contest, not before that
and what about the click maps Patchou (A) :P
And most online player number during the contest, if avaliable!
quote:
Originally posted by EBFL
And now, Patchou is a millionare :O
quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=831825]

Patchou isn't formatting his display name, hehe.
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by ali on 06-30-2007 at 10:21 PM

lo. .. again ... i'm clicking around the big prizes .. and the t-shrits .. but i didn't win anything .. lol
EDIT : ... thanks Patchu for the contest .. :P

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Eddie on 07-01-2007 at 04:24 AM

Congrats to Winners, shame i wasnt one lol, but yeah good job patchou and lookn forward to future events ^_^

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nefzen on 07-01-2007 at 07:05 AM

so.
when are the individual heat maps?
(hoping for a weekly individual heat map as well)

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Patchou on 07-02-2007 at 02:44 AM

I'll see about that... there's security issues involved.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Deano on 07-02-2007 at 02:53 AM

Congrats to the Winners :D (Y)

RE: RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Shane Furman on 07-02-2007 at 05:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Deano
Congrats to the Winners :D (Y)

Thanks..  *Shirt, and Mouse FTW*
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by CookieRevised on 07-03-2007 at 06:42 PM

quote:
I'll see about that... there's security issues involved.
If I get what you're saying, is it maybe possible for you to make a special temporary Windows Live ID... People need to add that to their contact list and can request the individual heap map for the account they signed in to Messenger (and that account only). In that way you are certain they can only request the heatmap of their own account.... If you get what I mean.... If not, totally ignore this :p

PS: you recieved my offline messages?

EDIT: or what John Anderton suggests....
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Patchou on 07-03-2007 at 07:06 PM

Yes, that would be a good idea, the main problem is that I dont have time to do this kind of thing. I may try to do something else similar, I'll keep you posted if it goes well :).

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by John Anderton on 07-03-2007 at 07:54 PM

quote:
that I dont have time to do this kind of thing. I may try to do something else similar, I'll keep you posted if it goes well (Smilie).
What about telling people who want individual heat maps to request them off a site, then generating a one time link and emailing it to them.
That way, only they have the link and the image is generated once :) No hax ;)
The users would have to be requested to save the image because generation of the image again wouldn't be done :) The file name and the link would be a random string and the image would be deleted once shown once.

How does that sound?
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nefzen on 07-04-2007 at 05:14 PM

eh?
Why not generate a heat map, save it and send it to the email address that the winners confirmed? I'm not expecting that you'll release the heat maps publicly in the site .
Or is it a deeper security risk?

hmm, generating only once would not work, just imagine that someone would go to that link, and his connections dies (like hell if that's not gonna happen!).

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by vaccination on 07-04-2007 at 05:16 PM

If your internet connection is that flaky, I'd suggest switching ISPs and/or equipment.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Menthix on 07-04-2007 at 07:02 PM

Patchou, all the SQL data is still there, right?

You could do a very simple fully automized script... Just put up a page that asks users to fill in their emailaddress they used with the contest. After a user submits an emailaddress the script looks in the database if there is data from that address, if there is it sends the heatmap to the specified emailaddress. Just needs a check to prevent sending the heatmap to the same address multiple times so others can't flood your email with it.

Involves a bit of coding maybe, but no security risk (as far as i can see) and 100% automized.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by ahmetgns on 07-04-2007 at 07:40 PM

quote:

You could do a very simple fully automized script... Just put up a page that asks users to fill in their emailaddress they used with the contest. After a user submits an emailaddress the script looks in the database if there is data from that address, if there is it sends the heatmap to the specified emailaddress. Just needs a check to prevent sending the heatmap to the same address multiple times so others can't flood your email with it.

Involves a bit of coding maybe, but no security risk (as far as i can see) and 100% automized.
Good idea, but about flooding the email: If one knows someone else's email address, he can flood it without need of this heat map, can't he ;)

My suggestion, :), for the next release of Messenger Plus!, add a feature to it (of course the update shouldn't be very late) that when user firstly signed in WLMessenger after installing new Plus!, a pop-up appears and says

"You played Messenger Plus! 6th Anniversary Contest, right?We generated individual click maps for every player.

Do you want to view yours?

Yes       No
"
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by MicroWay on 07-04-2007 at 07:45 PM

Yeah!!! Cool news and results....
I didn't won, but maybe we could have some more of contest, no???? :P

Edit:

quote:
I’ll soon post another news article about what’s coming in the universe of Messenger Plus! (something exciting ) so in the meantime, enjoy your summer vacation if you have any!

Cool!!! I'll wait for the news!!! ;)
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Menthix on 07-04-2007 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
or the next release of Messenger Plus!, add a feature to it (of course the update shouldn't be very late) that when user firstly signed in WLMessenger after installing new Plus!, a pop-up appears and says

"You played Messenger Plus! 6th Anniversary Contest, right?We generated individual click maps for every player.

Do you want to view yours?
Meh, that's just more work, and the reality is that nobody besides some people on this forum actually care about their heatmap or have a clue what it means. They just wanted to win free stuff.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by ahmetgns on 07-04-2007 at 07:54 PM

In my opinion, when they get the clue about heatmaps (or clickmaps), they will view it. I think,  the number of people who don't care it is few compared with to the ones who will care it.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Voldemort on 07-04-2007 at 07:58 PM

I think most people don't care :p, it's just a nice curious image....

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by duck! on 07-04-2007 at 08:13 PM

yay, never won anything but, yay :zippy:

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nefzen on 07-04-2007 at 08:35 PM

quote:

agreed...
and you can have some sort of a timer so it won't send again within, say, a day.

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Yeah!!! Cool news and results....
I didn't won, but maybe we could have some more of contest, no???? :P

Edit:
quote:
I’ll soon post another news article about what’s coming in the universe of Messenger Plus! (something exciting ) so in the meantime, enjoy your summer vacation if you have any!

Cool!!! I'll wait for the news!!! ;)
I don't believe it's another contest, more like a new featureful release of Messenger Plus.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
In my opinion, when they get the clue about heatmaps (or clickmaps), they will view it. I think,  the number of people who don't care it is few compared with to the ones who will care it.
somehow I doubt it, do note the existing heat maps. . .
I doubt that people can continue playing like that after seeing those heat maps.
RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by pk87 on 07-27-2007 at 05:16 PM

hey guys i've won in the second period but my prizes haven't come yet.Do you have any ideas about what happened??Thnx in advance

(sorry for my english)

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Patchou on 07-28-2007 at 11:55 PM

If you won in the second half of the week, then your prize was shipped only this week due to extra delays from CafePress. Sorry about that. You should get your package within two week, maximum.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by pk87 on 07-31-2007 at 11:39 AM

they 've just arrived!!!Thank you very much patchou!!!!

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Shane Furman on 08-02-2007 at 07:36 PM

No prize here yet.  D:

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Nefzen on 08-03-2007 at 01:55 PM

well, after a long time and lots of troubles, I got it!
Patchou was unable to send the prize from a local site, and then the French sites would not ship to Israel =/
However, Patchou sent me some money, and I got it myself :DD
with the help of Westen Union,
[Image: money.jpg.xs.jpg]
and I got lots and lots of the local currency :D
[Image: Western-Union.jpg.xs.jpg]
(no commission, since this is the Post Bank, it's related to the government)
Because the dollar increased in value, I even got a couple more dollars!

here is the box,
[Image: box1.jpg.xs.jpg] [Image: box2.jpg.xs.jpg]
with the somewhat related new graphic card and a new disc reader burner (had a problem with the old one)

installing the new vid card (wth? passive cooling? o_o odd)
[Image: card.jpg.xs.jpg] (that's my father's hand)
and I really needed this one, I can finally see the road that I drive on at Battlefield 2142! earlier everything was just a dirty path of sand.

The screen is really huge :DD
taking all my field of view!
[Image: screen.jpg.xs.jpg]

I had to lower its brightness because I couldn't see anything else, hardly noticing my hands as they were typing.

Really cool screen, I can rotate it however I want, it's almost a TV =D.
Only problem is, lines get very long :P
I need to move my head from one side all the way to the other!

I'm connecting it through the DVI cable, I don't feel much difference, but I suppose I need something really qualitious for it. I did started noticing the small imperfection in media that I once thought was flawless, well not when it's stretched all this wide :D
I have a problem with the driver to the vid card, but it seems to be a known bug (I can't quite change the resolution, I only have a few and limited options), but I think I can handle it. Meanwhile I'm working on 1680x1050 =D

THANKS PATCHOU! [Image: zippy.gif]

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Oxy on 08-03-2007 at 05:49 PM

Whoa, i'm jelous.. I need that screen.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Patchou on 08-04-2007 at 05:16 AM

thanks for the pics! :)

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by Shane Furman on 08-04-2007 at 11:20 PM

I just got my prize in today. :)  I might send in pics.

RE: The 6th Anniversary Contest is over, the results are in! by AngelDevil on 08-13-2007 at 02:38 PM

I got my prize in today, thanks!!