Shoutbox

iexplore.exe running each time I reboot - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot (/showthread.php?tid=75833)

iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by alegator on 07-03-2007 at 06:37 PM

Each time I reboot my PC the task "iexplore.exe" is running in the background forcing me to terminate it from Task Manager. My computer is free from any kind of malware (virus, trojans, spyware, etc), I fully scanned it with at least 3 major antivirus/antispyware products. Once ended from Task Manager the task "iexplore.exe" won't reappear unless of course I use Internet Explorer. How can I fix this? Thanks.

RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by Rik on 07-03-2007 at 06:47 PM

Start -> Execute -> msconfig -> Startup
Uncheck ieexplorer.

RE: RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by alegator on 07-03-2007 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Start -> Execute -> msconfig -> Startup
Uncheck ieexplorer.

There's no reference to "iexplore.exe" in the Startup section of msconfig
RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by absorbation on 07-03-2007 at 08:39 PM

I'm a little confused. Is the Internet Explorer process causing your problems when you startup? Or when you end it do you get problems :P?

RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by MattyRid on 07-03-2007 at 09:16 PM

sounds like spyware, happened on a computer I fixed recently and it was a case of spyware. Run some virus and spyware programs and see if they pick anything up.

RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by Rik on 07-03-2007 at 09:35 PM

Check for Internet Explorer in the first column and\or "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe" in the second column, if you haven't already.(My windows is portuguese version so please correct me if the file path is wrong)

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
sounds like spyware, happened on a computer I fixed recently and it was a case of spyware. Run some virus and spyware programs and see if they pick anything up.

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
My computer is free from any kind of malware (virus, trojans, spyware, etc), I fully scanned it with at least 3 major antivirus/antispyware products.

RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by Voldemort on 07-03-2007 at 09:35 PM

Do you have msgplus' sponsor? It uses 2 iexplore.exe processes iirc.

RE: iexplore.exe running each time I reboot by ShawnZ on 07-03-2007 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Check for Internet Explorer in the first column and\or "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe" in the second column, if you haven't already.(My windows is portuguese version so please correct me if the file path is wrong)

malware with the name "iexplore.exe" is usually the real iexplore.exe, using Internet Explorer's addon thing to run its own code.