Shoutbox

'The script has been imported but failed to start.' - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' (/showthread.php?tid=75844)

'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by Ghassen on 07-04-2007 at 02:32 AM

Guys, I've just downloaded two scripts and this is what I see everytime I import :
[Image: scriptbl7.jpg]

And by the way :
[Image: script2ef3.jpg]

Please help me!!!

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by roflmao456 on 07-04-2007 at 02:43 AM

hmm, contact the script developer, it's probably something in the script when initializing. (OnEvent_Initialize function?) ;)

happened to me when i was making mines lol :P

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by Ghassen on 07-04-2007 at 02:46 AM

Well the problem is that the same thing is happening for two different scripts... So I guess the problem comes from my own PC...

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by Ghassen on 07-05-2007 at 07:12 PM

Okay guys this is what I see when I try to debug the scripts :

quote:
Script is starting
Error: Un composant ActiveX ne peut pas créer un objet. (code: -2146827859)
       File: Display Picture Changer.js. Line: 29.
Script has failed to start
The translation for the red text is An ActiveX component can not create an object.

Please help me slove it!!
RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by AngelDevil on 07-05-2007 at 07:18 PM

Yes, you have ActiveX controls disabled in your PC, I think. Enable they. Read this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/101853ac(VS.80).aspx

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by Ghassen on 07-05-2007 at 09:45 PM

That's already done but no way :(:(:(...

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by HIEZER on 03-01-2008 at 12:42 AM

i hav the same problem

[no subject] by Yoman2909 on 03-02-2008 at 04:03 PM

Try debug window

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by Patchou on 03-02-2008 at 04:13 PM

A problem related to ActiveX registration in Vista has been fixed. It will be part of version 4.51, to be released this month.

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by xtpeyote on 12-14-2008 at 04:43 PM

well, I have the same problem [the script has been imported but failed to start] ....

but....

- I don't have ActiveX controls disabled
- I don't have Vista either
- I have tried various scripts
- I don't even get the notification that the installation of the script is stopped, like Ghassen above..
- I cannot try the debug window, given that no script can be installed
- and yes, my dear Patchou, I do use a clean Messenger...

.... so? any ideas????

thanxxx...

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by TheFiveSkulls on 06-09-2009 at 04:18 PM

I have the same problem, I looked through this thread and I enabled my ActiveX, etc.. and no change, I have XP home edition and I have tried other scripts too, So As xtpeyote said, Any ideas?

RE: 'The script has been imported but failed to start.' by SmokingCookie on 06-12-2009 at 06:50 PM

Make sure you have the latest version.

If it doesn't work then, please open the window shown in the image in Ghassen's 1st post in this thread, check the "Enable debugging options" checkbox and then open the debugging window and copy-paste what it says.