Shoutbox

blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? (/showthread.php?tid=75881)

blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by martklla on 07-05-2007 at 12:54 PM

hmm there are times when I admit new people into my msn contact list. Sometimes I need to express myself in my personal message field on msn, such as after an exam where the teacher screws everyone over. So I don't want any new people to read those message.

I tried searching for a function that block everybody on my contact list except friends from seeing my personal message (spent an hour...), but I couldn't find any. I would be glad if anybody makes a suggestion.

I am using windows live messenger version 8.1

RE: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by MattyRid on 07-05-2007 at 12:56 PM

blocking them maybe???

only way I can see it working.

RE: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by Jarrod on 07-05-2007 at 01:14 PM

put all the new ppl in a group and block the group

RE: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by MicroWay on 07-05-2007 at 04:21 PM

And you can use scripts to block specified people... You can see then on the database.
A script is that: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/182-Group-blocking/

Note: you need to define the groups you want.. Remember that scripts don't "manipulate" WLM groups... But this script has a wizard, that helps you add the people....

RE: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by martklla on 07-06-2007 at 12:38 AM

hmm blocking is a bit drastic... but I guess I've no choice

RE: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by MicroWay on 07-06-2007 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by martklla
hmm blocking is a bit drastic... but I guess I've no choice
It's the only idea if you want to write some coments, but you could not to write what they can't see (and don't block them).... :P
RE: blocking some of my msn contacts from seeing my personal message? by vaccination on 07-06-2007 at 08:17 AM

May I just add: Yes it is drastic, but it is the only way to stop people from seeing it*, because there is no function to stop sending such information as the psm. You either send it to them, or you don't have a psm =p

Also, I'm thinking, in order for them not see the psm, you would need to block the group before you changed your psm. Else it would probably be updated on their contact list before you blocked them, thus defeating the whole objective :P

* and by 'seeing it' I mean, it'll just stick to the previous psm on their contact list. - Until you unblock them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.