Shoutbox

Best Movie Trailer Ever. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Best Movie Trailer Ever. (/showthread.php?tid=75899)

Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-06-2007 at 09:00 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cloverfield/video/x2glav_cloverfield-tt

UPDATE:

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
lol SonicSam.

Anyway, the trailer is now out in quicktime format. Here are some links:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33258
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33261

Wow, just wow.

It's attachted to the Transformers movie in the theater thats why the quality is crap (since there's no online release).

But as you can see there is a giant explosion in new york then suddenly the head of the statue of liberty comes flying down the street.

Fucking crazy :p.

Any ideas on what it's going to be about :p?

Terminator 4?
War of The worlds 2?
Gears of War?
Another Godzilla Movie?

January 18th 2008

edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

Theory?

A giant monster movie (currently referred to internally as Cloverfield; the monster itself is referred to as "The Parasite", not to be confused with the film project The Parasyte) that is shot using home video cameras from the point of view of people who are experiencing an attack on New York City.
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by vaccination on 07-06-2007 at 09:22 AM

Yeah I saw it yesterday, looks awesome. As to what it is, no idea. GoW would be awesome though :P

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-06-2007 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Yeah I saw it yesterday, looks awesome. As to what it is, no idea. GoW would be awesome though :P

GoW would be the shizzznay, but I dont think so because Gears of War takes place like when everything is deadish :p.
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by vaccination on 07-06-2007 at 09:52 AM

Yeah but it gets deadish by the Locust coming up from the ground, and then the humans destroying everything with the Hammer Of Dawn satellites :P

I doubt it though, it'd be pretty soon for them to have a trailer out for it already :P

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by vaccination on 07-06-2007 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
Not to mention if it was GoW the statue of liberty wouldn't be there silly, it takes place on Sera.
Oh yeah :P

idk, I don't think it'll be Godzilla, just doesn't seem like that sort of thing. Terminator 4 possibly, 'cause that big blue explosion thing could be like a time vortex or something. But then someone shouts "Oh God it's huge" or something. Then there's like that big rawr. :P
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by stoshrocket on 07-06-2007 at 11:49 AM

It has elements from all those films... The roar sounding like godzilla, or some form of machine: War of the Worlds - although I don't think there will be a second one, the movie left everything tied off. Or this could possibly the start of the machine war in Terminator, after all the timing would be right, in the third one it was pretty much 'present day', with John Connor in his late teens, early 20's... The next stage would be the machine war and for him to lead the human race to destorying the machines wouldnt it?

However, the most likely scenario: it's a completely new movie, with new chyaracters, a monster that sounds coincidentally like Godzilla... :P

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by aNILEator on 07-06-2007 at 12:37 PM

it already says it's for a film called Cloverfield on the video page 8-)
Home camera film sounds dodgy......

as for monster movies....

I'm looking forward to D-War - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ2paDoZ--g

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-06-2007 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by methos
However, the most likely scenario: it's a completely new movie, with new chyaracters, a monster that sounds coincidentally like Godzilla... (Smilie)

I agree, but it'd be better if it was a sequel :(. (I want to see Terminator 4 :p.)
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by stoshrocket on 07-06-2007 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
However, the most likely scenario: it's a completely new movie, with new chyaracters, a monster that sounds coincidentally like Godzilla... (Smilie)

I agree, but it'd be better if it was a sequel :(. (I want to see Terminator 4 :p.)
true.dat

I'd love a terminator 4... However, if they did make it, they'd have to avoid inputting schwarzenegger's character, the fans won't be happy with either a new actor playing him, or the beast that is Arnold Schwarzenegger in ther present day... haha.

[Image: arnoldcb7.th.jpg]

Another godzilla movie might be cool though, as would a highly-unlikely sequel for War of the Worlds.
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by aNILEator on 07-07-2007 at 07:48 PM

War of the Worlds by S.S. wasn't good anyway why do you want a sequel :S

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by vaccination on 07-07-2007 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Finally! someone who agrees!

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-07-2007 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Finally! someone who agrees!

I dont want it either, just a idea  :p.
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by cpt.talon on 07-08-2007 at 02:16 PM

hmm, idk

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by aNILEator on 07-08-2007 at 02:25 PM

^^ wow short ass post there......

I doubt it's going to be a sequel/prequel to anything.

maybe 'another persons view' from like independence day possibly but highly unlikely. I don't know of any films like that (I'm referring to the type of thing that happened to the original Half Life Series, which was a very cool way of expanding the story)

could be good, most likely anticipated highly but a bit of a let down.

You should all look out for Brodies Law around October 2008, It's a comic book series I've read and made friends with the author/artist and it's a very cool story indeed, kinda like sin city/doctor who/the punisher with some historical japanese samuri stuff thrown in too not forgetting it's own twists and turns. Definitely suggest you buy a copy of the novel, it's only £10 signed from the site and you can get some other cool stuff thrown in for free too.

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by Stigmata on 07-09-2007 at 01:14 AM

wo wo wo wo wo

Has no one here seen the trailer to the new Rambo film?

He rips someone's throat out in the trailer for god's sake!

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by cpt.talon on 07-09-2007 at 01:23 AM

nice.
that wud be awsome. im gunna check it out now

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-09-2007 at 02:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
wo wo wo wo wo

:|.

Anyways, finally saw the Transformers movie and saw the trailer in theater goodness :D.
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by aNILEator on 07-09-2007 at 09:36 AM

yeah JOHN RAMBO looks brutal, jumping on back of jeep and blasting face into windscreen with a gigantic machine gun :D

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by joey on 07-09-2007 at 10:27 AM

quote:
wo wo wo wo wo

* joey searches for the trailer...:cheesy:

blood, gore and violence ftw!!!!!!!
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by Pinchichuv on 07-09-2007 at 10:27 AM

quote:
wo wo wo wo wo

lol i didnt believe you the part that rambo rips the throat out of some one and i saw it, this is a really bloody movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6O_lilM2Y
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by linx05 on 07-09-2007 at 11:53 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

true.dat

I'd love a terminator 4... However, if they did make it, they'd have to avoid inputting schwarzenegger's character, the fans won't be happy with either a new actor playing him, or the beast that is Arnold Schwarzenegger in ther present day... haha.

[Image: arnoldcb7.th.jpg]

Another godzilla movie might be cool though, as would a highly-unlikely sequel for War of the Worlds.
Apparently Arnold "GET TO THE CHOPPAH!" Schwarzenegger will only be doing a cameo for the film. A new robot will be sent through time.

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-09-2007 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Apparently Arnold "GET TO THE CHOPPAH!" Schwarzenegger will only be doing a cameo for the film. A new robot will be sent through time.

GET TO THE CHOPPAH! :D.

YOU ARE A FUCKING CHOIR BOY COMPARED TO ME, A CHOIR BOY!.

YOU SON OF A BITCH!
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by linx05 on 07-10-2007 at 05:04 AM

lol SonicSam.

Anyway, the trailer is now out in quicktime format. Here are some links:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33258
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33261

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by prashker on 07-10-2007 at 05:13 AM

hot thanks for the info :).

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by user27089 on 07-10-2007 at 05:00 PM

Don't see why people are complaining about the movie being done on home video cameras, surely that has got to be the best way of making a movie like this, it's more realistic. As for what the movie is going to be, who knows? But the producer and director are both geniuses for making such an awesome teaser trailer.

My guess is that the film is either going to be an adaptation of a previous game, a remake or a completely new film entirely, I doubt very much that it'll be a sequel. But you know, sometimes teaser trailer footage isn't even in the real film, so it might be completely different.

Either way; I can't wait.

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by Volv on 07-10-2007 at 05:15 PM

Well it's either Godzilla C4 where Godzilla detonates buildings with C4 as seen in the trailer (because last I checked Godzilla couldn't make buildings explode) or it's not Godzilla at all...

Considering that J.J. Abrams created the tv series Lost as well, is it just me or does the monster sound a lot like 'the monster' from Lost? :p

EDIT:
PS: I don't think that the trailer is that awesome tbh, I would actually say it's pretty sub-standard for something which is most likely to be a high budget blockbuster release =/

RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by albert on 07-10-2007 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Considering that J.J. Abrams created the tv series Lost as well, is it just me or does the monster sound a lot like 'the monster' from Lost? (Smilie)

I hate that man for giving us so much suspense. :(
RE: Best Movie Trailer Ever. by Volv on 07-10-2007 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
I hate that man for giving us so much suspense. :(
I have a love-hate relationship with him :p The show is a great (understatement) way to spend time and definitely keeps me glued, but there are too many untied ends and none of them seem to be tying up at all!