Shoutbox

Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" UPDATE: FIXED - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" UPDATE: FIXED (/showthread.php?tid=75927)

Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" UPDATE: FIXED by duck! on 07-07-2007 at 05:31 PM

Well, first i installed Grand theft auto 3, it worked until i went to do the 4th mission and it crashed and a diolog box said "unhandled exception" and wouldnt work at all, ive tried Reinstalling but still no hope. =/
Then i install Grand theft auto Vice city, it worked fine, until i tried to load a previous save, and it came up with "unhandled exeception" so i closed and retried and now the game wont even load =/ And again faced with the "unhandled exception" Im going to "buy" San andreas and see if the problem is with that as well :P

BTW Im using Windows Vista Ultimate

Help, no gta and loads of errors make duck go crazy :P

Update: Fixed, although i have to press alt when the game starts to stop it crashing

RE: Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" by Kenji on 07-07-2007 at 06:03 PM

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? ( Right click > Properties > Compatibility > Select windows XP SP2)

They all work fine for me.

RE: Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" by duck! on 07-07-2007 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy
Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? ( Right click > Properties > Compatibility > Select windows XP SP2)

They all work fine for me.
Just tried with vice city, still doesnt work, also they are Ripped versions =/, that a friend gave me
RE: Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" by Kenji on 07-07-2007 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=188753

Problem #7:
An Unhandled Exception error occurs.

Solution: This is usually due to main.scm mods. With any alteration to the mission script, you usually have to start a new game.

Alternatively: For Window Blinds users, you may have to disable it. Window Blinds sometimes causes conflict with GTA Vice City.

Looks like you would have to start a new game..

If that doesnt work, Uninstall and reinstall.
RE: Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" by WaqasTariq on 07-08-2007 at 01:53 AM

I had the same problem few weeks back on my vista ult...

I had to start a new game, at first i thought it was my GPU's driver but it was the game...

have you moved the user folder to another place after saving the game? i now think that it happend to me because of that. may it will help moving them back if you have

RE: Grand theft auto 3 & Vice city "unhandled Exception" by Verte on 07-08-2007 at 07:04 AM

while(!fixed) complain();