Shoutbox

Another DUMB question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Another DUMB question (/showthread.php?tid=75935)

Another DUMB question by Mamemo on 07-07-2007 at 08:01 PM

If i am logged on in MSN Messenger and open my mailbox in Hotmail simultaneously (which has different address than my MSN) does someone in MSN get to know if I access that other address? :S Just a strange question.

RE: Another DUMB question by Lux on 07-07-2007 at 08:05 PM

hmm....no :|

EDIT: yes, probably they do log that you have  accessed with another account...

:P toddy!

RE: RE: Another DUMB question by toddy on 07-07-2007 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LooKa
hmm....no :|

EDIT: yes, probably they do log that you have  accessed with another account...

:P toddy!

don't give me credit for your poor answer :tongue:

msn owns hotmail, so i guess/assume that msn with have your access logged on one of there servers
RE: Another DUMB question by Baggins on 07-07-2007 at 10:28 PM

Of course there would be logs, so they could find out if they had a good reason to. (Eg. You are a murderer/drug dealer/etc.) 'Course they would still only do that if the Government asked them to.

RE: Another DUMB question by Mamemo on 07-08-2007 at 12:58 AM

Lol :D I have two accounts, the second has all of my web friends and the other account is my main one which I use for speaking with my girlfriend via email. So I became paranoid about it if someone in my msn contact list would get to know I use that e-mail account..

Maybe it just was a dumb question.. :$

RE: Another DUMB question by CookieRevised on 07-08-2007 at 01:41 AM

So when you said "in MSN" you meant people on your contact list.

The answer would be: no, absolutely not. There is no way for them to know you are using another account unless you told them.

PS: When you say "someone in MSN" it is automatically assumed you mean the people who work for MSN, aka people at Microsoft who control the MSN servers, etc. This is the most logical and correct assumption. So, always try to use the proper terms when you ask questions; in this case: "contact list of MSN Messenger" . ;)

LooKa: plz don't spam