Shoutbox

[Release] Myspace Manager - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Myspace Manager (/showthread.php?tid=75971)

[Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-09-2007 at 01:50 AM

New script I really wrote for myself and my girlfriend, but her friends saw it and loved it, and wanted it so I decided to pull myself together and release it as a script. I know its been done before, but I just fancied making a nice one myself which I knew worked.

quote:
Myspace Manager is a script that alerts you when you have a new myspace comment, message, friend request etc. It also keeps a record of your friends myspace page so you can visit their profile from a click of a button or by typing "/profile" in the conversation.

Easy to use:
  1. When the script intalizes, it will ask you to login.
    You can ask it to remember usernames and passwords etc
  2. Script checks for notifications and shows new item
    Msgplus toast popups. a toast for each new item (new comments, new messages..)
  3. Each toast which then can be clicked on to launch the url and show that item
    Once you click on a toast, you will be automatically directed to that item on your myspace account :)
    [/list]

My Scripts Page:
    http://jackasswanabe.googlepages.com/scripts

Download Link:
    http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/309-Myspace-Manager/

All criticisms and ideas welcome :)

thanks

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Kenji on 07-09-2007 at 01:57 AM

Nice script, but it doesnt work for me :/

I click "view profile" and nothing happens, also when I click check for updates nothing happens.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-09-2007 at 02:02 AM

if there are no updates then of course no updates will show?

if you are not logged in, and your friendid hasnt been processed then your profile will not be shown.
EDIT: it should show the login screen if the friendid hasnt been found? Does that not happen?

But I see what you mean, the next version I'll include a way of showing both.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by deAd on 07-09-2007 at 02:08 AM

Doesn't work for me, I see a lot of different errors (I'm guessing most of these are based on the registry reading/writing error which is the first error):

quote:
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\Scripts\MySpace Manager\Settings\<my email>\Username". (code: -2147024894)
       File: Myspace Manager.js. Line: 262.
Function OnEvent_Initialize returned an error. Code: -2147352567

Error: Invalid procedure call or argument (code: -2146828283)
       File: Myspace Manager.js. Line: 228.
Function OnGetUrlEvent_CtrlClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

Error: 'MyFriendId' is undefined (code: -2146823279)
       File: Myspace Manager.js. Line: 286.
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-09-2007 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
did you use [list][/list]?
yes i did?

A quicker way in future to find that out is to press the quote button. It will show you near exactly what I wrote with the BB formatting.

quote:
Error: 'MyFriendId' is undefined (code: -2146823279)
       File: Myspace Manager.js. Line: 286.
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

You actually have to login before you can view your profile.
I'll add a alert now to say that you have logged in and make the view profile unclickable before loggin in.

Gah, stupid typo.... MyFriendID is correct.....

It will work if you type /profile in a convo window though :)

The other ones to do with registry: once you save some registry entries they won't appear anymore :)

I use the try catch method at the start to see if you can log in or not, the error is automatically displayed.
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 07-09-2007 at 02:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy
I click "view profile" and nothing happens, also when I click check for updates nothing happens.
Same here.

Edit: Meh, way too slow

The notifications work nice though. Nice script!
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-09-2007 at 04:44 PM

Ok the script has been updated and posted on the database..

all the problems should now be fixed + suggestions added
(except the throw error when user details cant be found, no need to do anything with that)

DOWNLOAD NOW :D

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/309-Myspace-Manager/

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by absorbation on 07-09-2007 at 05:05 PM

Great script stiggy, it's great to get some alerts about my account, rather than constantly having to log in :P.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by vaccination on 07-09-2007 at 05:50 PM

Nice, cheers (Y)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 07-09-2007 at 07:41 PM

Great stuff (Y)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by alister on 07-12-2007 at 05:03 PM

ok well i no you updated it got a question and problem does this only work with internet explorer when you click view your profile cos i keeps opening in that seems by default and the issue im having is when i click it it allways comes up page cannot be displayed any help or info would be good seems strange others oviously not having any issue

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-12-2007 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alister
ok well i no you updated it got a question and problem does this only work with internet explorer when you click view your profile cos i keeps opening in that seems by default and the issue im having is when i click it it allways comes up page cannot be displayed any help or info would be good seems strange others oviously not having any issue

It opens the webpage in the default browser :)

and the page cannot be displayed error is nothing to do with my script I don't think. Sorry about your problem.
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 07-12-2007 at 10:57 PM

Stigmata, I'm concerned about my password being stored unencrypted, is there any possibility you could make it so it's encrypted?

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Spunky on 07-13-2007 at 03:56 AM

I think this site should be able to help if you want to implement encryption into the script... Even though it might double you're file size (but who cares considering scripts are so small anyway?) :p

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by J.J on 07-13-2007 at 04:42 AM

I really like the script, but all i keep getting every second is

"You have been logged in to myspace"

It's really annoying :sad:

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-13-2007 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Stigmata, I'm concerned about my password being stored unencrypted, is there any possibility you could make it so it's encrypted?

The way I saw it is if people are going to go to the effort of stealing your password, then anyone can easily reverse engineer it from the script source... :/

If you can provide me with a suitable method, then sure I'll add it.

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I think this site should be able to help if you want to implement encryption into the script... Even though it might double you're file size (but who cares considering scripts are so small anyway?) :p

If I was going to use those it would mean people would have to enter the password in each time they login... Which personally I don't want to do, and what my testers agreed with.

quote:
Originally posted by J.J

That's weird, unless you keep being signed out of myspace there is no other explanation. It only shows that message once you have been logged in and recieved your friend ID. It only does that once when you have signed in :/

Are you using another myspace account open in a profile or anything??? or is your internet connection bumpy?

Myspace have updated the site again... Will post a new version to the script database in a second.... stupid myspace
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by SA-90 on 07-13-2007 at 03:36 PM

Hey, i just downloaded this script but when i click view profile it opens up in the brower but the URL is all jumbled up.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by J.J on 07-13-2007 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
quote:
Originally posted by J.J

That's weird, unless you keep being signed out of myspace there is no other explanation. It only shows that message once you have been logged in and recieved your friend ID. It only does that once when you have signed in :/

Are you using another myspace account open in a profile or anything??? or is your internet connection bumpy?

Myspace have updated the site again... Will post a new version to the script database in a second.... stupid myspace

Thanks Stiggy

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 07-13-2007 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SA-90
Hey, i just downloaded this script but when i click view profile it opens up in the brower but the URL is all jumbled up.

That will be fixed in the next version :) Keep your eyes peeled for a toast popup saying there is a new update :)

Not my fault really... Myspace updated the page :(

ps: if anyone cares it seems they may be updating myspace with skins?

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Lux on 07-13-2007 at 04:38 PM

great script dude! awesome!

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by ryan42 on 08-01-2007 at 12:22 PM

hey this script is great just about the best iv cn yet :) but i was just wondering when u click on the toasts tht say new comments n stuff r they supposed to take u to ur myspace page like the logged in 1 cuz i hav to log in everytime?
thanks
ryan

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by P4R4D0x on 10-23-2007 at 02:48 AM

It isn't logging me in anymore, and iI haven't changed anything. Any ideas?

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Morbid_Wraith on 10-25-2007 at 12:32 PM

The same has happened for me recently also.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Dempsey on 10-25-2007 at 02:01 PM

Myspace must have changed something on its website which has stopped the script from working.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Eddie on 10-25-2007 at 02:44 PM

I know they have changed a lot of the code background because of opening to developers, and the new homepage, and the join-up with skype, im sure a new way will unravel.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Morbid_Wraith on 10-25-2007 at 02:45 PM

I hope so. MySpace doesn't even send me e-mails when I get comments anymore, so I was using Myspace Manager to notify me.
Now I have to refresh my page and people think I'm ignoring them. xD

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by RebelSean on 10-25-2007 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Morbid_Wraith
I hope so. MySpace doesn't even send me e-mails when I get comments anymore, so I was using Myspace Manager to notify me.
Now I have to refresh my page and people think I'm ignoring them. xD

Do you have it set to e-mail notify you when you get a new comment, message, etc etc?

The script isn't working for me either (As stated above).
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Morbid_Wraith on 10-25-2007 at 07:06 PM

Yeah, I do. I've also tried disabling it and enabling it again, but no deal.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by rhys100 on 10-31-2007 at 07:57 AM

this script is awesome, well was until it stopped working. also when i get msg it will like keep popping up every minute. can it only do it once and then again if i get another message? you could make it optional in the options.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Morbid_Wraith on 11-01-2007 at 03:38 AM

Hm, curiously, the script appears to be working as of today.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 11-03-2007 at 12:41 PM

Howdy guys, yeah they changed something the other day. For some reason it kept throwing an error during the login process for me :/

Glad to hear that it is now working for you though, but the next update will prevent this frtom happening again.

The script is designed to popup every minute with your current unread notifications. Would you prefer it if you could decide the intervals yourself?

RE: RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by J.J on 11-03-2007 at 12:51 PM

quote:
The script is designed to popup every minute with your current unread notifications. Would you prefer it if you could decide the intervals yourself?

That'd be awesome Stig - stopped using it because it became annoying.
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Wally on 11-03-2007 at 12:53 PM

in my opinion the script itself is perfect as it is :happy: 

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 11-05-2007 at 05:34 PM

Ok well I've sent the update to the scripts database now. You should receive a notification in the next few days (depends how quick Menthix is :P).

The update just fixes the no logging in problem, so you'll have nothing to complain about :D

Soon I'll have nearly all my uni stuff out the way, so I think I'll start really working on this script. So I was wondering what features/improvements you would like?

Thoughts currently in my head:

• Unread Counter
    This can be done with messages/events etc. So it would show "You have 2 unread messages!" or something?
  • Nice options menu.
    Nice and pretty settings... make nearly every feature optionable. So like different intervals, pop ups for certain events only.. that type of thing.
  • Show myspace friendlyname on toasts and such. Mainly for people using polygamy, my gf and I sometimes share a pc and the script would pop up for both of us... It got annoying :( So it would be like:
    "James!:
    You have new comments!"

I had plenty of other ideas... but I kept them on my old phone... which is now at nokia for repairs... (Damn brand new n95s) but anyway,

what would you like added to the new version?
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by P4R4D0x on 11-09-2007 at 01:33 PM

That all sounds sweet. Except on the last point, make the name thing optional.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by haydos on 11-29-2007 at 04:49 PM

A quick question. I leave my WLM online 24/7. Does that mean my MySpace will be logged in 24/7 as well?

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 11-29-2007 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydos
A quick question. I leave my WLM online 24/7. Does that mean my MySpace will be logged in 24/7 as well?

If the script is running, and the script is logged in then yes :)
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by haydos on 11-30-2007 at 04:07 AM

quote:
quote:

That's a shame because it's an awesome script - I just know by having my Myspace logged in all the time it's going to mean that people are going to comment me thinking I'm on myspace when I'm actually not...
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 12-03-2007 at 05:35 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

That's a shame because it's an awesome script - I just know by having my Myspace logged in all the time it's going to mean that people are going to comment me thinking I'm on myspace when I'm actually not...

All you need to do is choose "Logout" from the menu and you'll log out of myspace :)
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Morbid_Wraith on 12-10-2007 at 06:05 AM

Is anyone else currently not getting notified by the script when they receive comments?

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by P4R4D0x on 12-11-2007 at 08:42 AM

It was until I began getting a bizarre error message.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by x2much4yaxx on 12-29-2007 at 07:32 PM

Same here. Mine isn't working either.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 06-18-2008 at 05:03 PM

Seems to be a problem with the new MySpace update :(
Get loads of errors.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by P4R4D0x on 06-20-2008 at 01:06 PM

They were speaking about that last year. Try to catch Stigmata about it.

RE: RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by mattisdada on 06-20-2008 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
They were speaking about that last year. Try to catch Stigmata about it.

Have you been looking for a work around / found a work around?
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 06-20-2008 at 08:50 PM

Howdy folks, working on it atm.

Have a working copy on my pc, will release soon

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by samdaman on 06-22-2008 at 10:50 PM

hey is this the one where it says "myspace error" will attempt to recconect or something similar this has happened ever since the myspace updates on its looks and topbar.

sam =)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 06-23-2008 at 10:46 AM

I've submitted an update to the website..

Myspace Manager 1.40 should appear there soon :)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by modeagle on 06-23-2008 at 06:28 PM

Awesome..can't wait for the update to be posted :D unless it is I just havent noticed

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 06-24-2008 at 03:29 AM

Thanks for update. Hopefully won't be long :)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 06-27-2008 at 05:03 PM

Its up :)

If it doesn't solve your problems, let me know :)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by alister on 07-07-2008 at 08:38 PM

this seems cool i tested it for awhile alltho i did notice a couple things with it

i use firefox 3.0 seems it would work with it problem is i have the option set on firefox so that whenever i go to a site that remembers my login info myspace example

a pop up box loads when i got to that page asking for another password i set befor it will show my login info in the login area to login

now when i login to msn it tells me its signed me onto myspace however when i click to go to my profile it takes me to the myspace login page witch them prompts me for my password in the box after that i have to manually login

it does detect when i get new comments ect but doesnt seem to actully log me in not sure on that one

another idea i was thinking of was some kinda option you can set when you login to mutiple accounts on msn same time and only use one for your myspace

ever other account you login to you constantly get a pop up box asking you to login when you sign onto msn on another account so some form of way to stop that mite be handy

just sugestions really would make it better if thos were corrected in my opion dont no if you would agree tho

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by modeagle on 07-11-2008 at 03:27 AM

The myspace manager (4.0) is not working for me for some reason, has not been for 2 days now, I tried uninstalling it, restarting computer, it just won't log me in..any help?

k now its finally working...thanks8-)*-)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 08-28-2008 at 03:48 AM

It keeps telling me there's a new version every time I sign in. I've tried removing it, re-downloading it, etc.

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 08-28-2008 at 11:11 AM

Same here, I'm removing the update feature for the next version anyway. so easy done :)

RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Spunky on 08-28-2008 at 02:00 PM

quote:
this seems cool i tested it for awhile alltho i did notice a couple things with it

i use firefox 3.0 seems it would work with it problem is i have the option set on firefox so that whenever i go to a site that remembers my login info myspace example

a pop up box loads when i got to that page asking for another password i set befor it will show my login info in the login area to login

now when i login to msn it tells me its signed me onto myspace however when i click to go to my profile it takes me to the myspace login page witch them prompts me for my password in the box after that i have to manually login

it does detect when i get new comments ect but doesnt seem to actully log me in not sure on that one

another idea i was thinking of was some kinda option you can set when you login to mutiple accounts on msn same time and only use one for your myspace

ever other account you login to you constantly get a pop up box asking you to login when you sign onto msn on another account so some form of way to stop that mite be handy

just sugestions really would make it better if thos were corrected in my opion dont no if you would agree tho

It does log you in, but through (I'm guessing) the xmlhttp ActiveXObject. This means that because FF uses it's own set of cookies, that FF will not notice any activity. I think if you use IE it'll show you as being logged in.
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 08-30-2008 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

It does log you in, but through (I'm guessing) the xmlhttp ActiveXObject. This means that because FF uses it's own set of cookies, that FF will not notice any activity. I think if you use IE it'll show you as being logged in.

Correct :)
RE: RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Chris4 on 08-31-2008 at 09:53 PM

quote:

You can use a greasemonkey script called Myspace Auto-Login, if that helps? Myspace doesn't keep you logged in very well any more, so lately this is a big time saver.
RE: [Release] Myspace Manager by Stigmata on 09-17-2008 at 10:20 AM

update uploaded. You should get plus's auto update feature kicking in at some point during the week