Shoutbox

neowin patch - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: neowin patch (/showthread.php?tid=76060)

neowin patch by Th3rmal on 07-12-2007 at 07:23 AM

i was wondering if there was a way to see if the neowin patch is applied to your computer. And not just by choosing a random theme and seeing if it works because one of my themes that isnt from microsoft works on my computer but the rest dont, and this theme only started to work when i first patched my computer, but now nothing else works

RE: neowin patch by CookieRevised on 07-12-2007 at 09:24 AM

Find out what neowin patch exactly changes and patches, then you can make a program or whatever to see if those specific patches are applied or not.

RE: neowin patch by Th3rmal on 07-12-2007 at 12:53 PM

hmm its a good idea, although i dont noe how to make programs or scripts or anything...

RE: neowin patch by markee on 07-12-2007 at 12:58 PM

the "neowin patch" changes a DLL on your computer (it is somewhere in the Windows folder).  It won't hurt to use the manual method of replacing the DLL (you can find instructions using google) and the patcher of Neowin's might also work, it depends how they do it, I suggest the manual option however.

If all fails, check that other people can use the themes and that they are for your version of windows as there are more and more for Vista coming out and not just XP ones.

RE: neowin patch by Th3rmal on 07-12-2007 at 01:00 PM

thanks thats also a good idea, right now tho its a bit late for that lol