Shoutbox

IE / Live Update / Outlook Express not working :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: IE / Live Update / Outlook Express not working :( (/showthread.php?tid=76085)

IE / Live Update / Outlook Express not working :( by WaqasTariq on 07-13-2007 at 08:06 PM

Hello,

Today when I started my computer strange things started happening,

first up I have a ADSL 2 256Kbps which I use for the internet ... offcours :)

the first the I noticed is I got a message the liveupdate COM module has stoped working.... first it started resolving then it cloed it..

the when I launched Windows Mail to check my email I got this error message

"The host 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'Yahoo! Mail', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D"

ok now I fired up IE and I can not browse on it... instead I got this error message

" Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
     Diagnose Connection Problems 

"

and when I closed IE i got an error message that IE has stoped working ckecing for solutions and then close it...

and to my suprise when I launched IE 64bit it worked! and its still working I am writting this post with it but IE 32bit Windows Mail Live update, DAP... nothing seems to find the internet

I NEED DESPRATE HELP!!!!

will be glad to provide any other info.

EDIT: two days, 50 read and no replys :s

RE: IE / Live Update / Outlook Express not working :( by WaqasTariq on 07-22-2007 at 05:09 PM

10 DAYS and not a single reply :s

RE: IE / Live Update / Outlook Express not working :( by Verte on 07-23-2007 at 04:06 AM

Sorry WaqasTariq, that's very strange indeed. Does anyone know about the TCP/IP stack in 64 bit Vista? There might be some separate gateway for 32 bit apps that has died.