Shoutbox

Big Problem with Modem/Router - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Big Problem with Modem/Router (/showthread.php?tid=76189)

Big Problem with Modem/Router by Lourix on 07-18-2007 at 03:45 PM

I have a big problem which has happened over my friends house. My friend being the computer whiz that he his wasn't happy about the speed of his connection and read somewhere that he could probably make it faster by putting his box back to factory settings. As soon as he done this the internet buggered up :P The wireless is called a Belkin 54G and several sources say they are not very reliable. (I have no comment on that subject). According to the computer there is a connection at 54mbps but the internet won't come on if you understand me. Any help would be appreciated to help get it back to normal. We phoned the service provider Tiscali but they could offer no help. I thought of plugging it in using a wire but its too far away. With no instructions we are lost :P

Thanks for listening :)

RE: Big Problem with Modem/Router by toddy on 07-18-2007 at 04:03 PM

sounds like you a connection to the router, but don't have the internet settings config'ed, so you need to set the router for his internet connection again. aka the username, the password and so on.

RE: Big Problem with Modem/Router by Lourix on 07-18-2007 at 04:06 PM

Ye but before if I we wanted to do that we would just type in the ip address on a computer and we would be in but we cant even do that noe :p, know how to do it?

RE: Big Problem with Modem/Router by Kenji on 07-18-2007 at 04:25 PM

When you reset to factory settings, it goes back to factory settings, meaning that you will have to set it up again.

Go to http://192.168.2.1/ > Setup Wizard > PPPoA, And enter your login details frfom the ISP and you're done.

RE: Big Problem with Modem/Router by aNILEator on 07-18-2007 at 09:31 PM

Not such a whiz to me :P

RE: Big Problem with Modem/Router by Voldemort on 07-18-2007 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
Ye but before if I we wanted to do that we would just type in the ip address on a computer and we would be in but we cant even do that noe (Smilie), know how to do it?
start > run > cmd > ipconfig /all . Gateway thing would be your router.