Shoutbox

Instant WLM Shutdown? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Instant WLM Shutdown? (/showthread.php?tid=76194)

Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-18-2007 at 09:14 PM

Currently using latest WLM and MP!L, but whenever I double-click to open a convo window, my WLM shuts down, any ideas?

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by CookieRevised on 07-18-2007 at 09:25 PM

1) Disable all the Messenger Plus! scripts you might have:
Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts > untick all scripts > press Apply or OK...

It is important that you don't get any error messages when you do that.

2) Log out and restart Messenger and see if the problem still occurs

If it doesn't occur anymore, there is a faulty script which lets Messenger crash.

If it still occurs:

3) Uninstall Messenger Plus!.
Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Uninstall Messenger Plus! Live

If it doesn't occur anymore, there is a bug in Messenger Plus! Live.

If it still occurs, it isn't the fault of Messenger Plus! Live, so:

4) Do you have any other addons for Messenger (SmileyCentral, StuffPlug, etc...)? or any patches (MessPatch, A-Patch, etc...)? If so, uninstall them all.

If it doesn't occur anymore, then one of the patches or addons caused the crashed.

If it still occurs, it might be a bug in Messenger or in some of the user content you have (Winks, etc...):

5) Try a total clean re-install of Messenger. See:
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-18-2007 at 09:28 PM

it's MP!L causing the problem,  found out through the Remove Program Solution you put.

will i have to make-do without MP!L then?:((N)

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by CookieRevised on 07-18-2007 at 10:25 PM

Ok, in that case:

- Did you have scripts running in Messenger Plus!?
- Do you have any other addons or patches for Messenger installed (it might be that Plus! conflicts with some addon or patch)?
- What is the complete version and build number of Messenger you're using (see Help > About)?
- What is the complete version and build number of Messenger Plus! Live you're using (see Plus! > About)?

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Voldemort on 07-19-2007 at 03:57 AM

Try with tabbed chats disabled?

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-19-2007 at 10:20 AM

The MP!L I'm using (was rather) Version 4.23.0.76 and the WLM version I am using is 8.1 (Build 8.1.0178.00). I removed all the scripts and deleted them,I don't have any add-ons and I've already tried disabling tabbed chats.:(

after several removals and re-installations, it's the Tabbed Chats that, when enabled shuts down my WLM when i try to open a convo window, it works fine when it's not enabled. :S Any suggestions?

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by CookieRevised on 07-19-2007 at 10:18 PM

No suggestion, but another question (to satisfy my curiousity :p):

Do you happen to have some kind of Windows shell or Windows skinner or other programs which manipulates windows in some sort of way? Like 'WindowsBlinds' or some other windows enhancer or something? Or a program which adds stuff to all windows (like extra menus, a clock, etc)?

Reason for asking: the tabbed chat feature manipulates the actual chat windows and hides 'n shows them, and this might conflict with another 'windows manipulator/enhancer'.

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-20-2007 at 10:17 AM

heck I don't even know what WinShell is lol, but no I don't have  anything like that :S

I GOT IT!!!! =]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] thanks guys but I worked it out myself ;] thanks for all your help anyway (y)

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Nathan on 07-20-2007 at 11:52 AM

Just for future reference, what was the problem?

RE: RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-20-2007 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Currently using latest WLM and MP!L, but whenever I double-click to open a convo window, my WLM shuts down, any ideas?

Basically whenever i tried to open a convo with another contact, my WLM minimized itself to the system tray and then when i placed my mouse over it to try and restore it, it shut down and vanished from the system tray.

did i explain that well? :S
RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 11:02 AM

Nabree meant: how did you solved it? ;)

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-22-2007 at 11:45 AM

i changed my theme :O it was something to do with my current theme settings that messed it up :S...guess i made a big fuss over something so small :$

RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sandford
i changed my theme :O it was something to do with my current theme settings that messed it up :S...guess i made a big fuss over something so small :$
Not really, a theme shouldn't influence the tabbed chatting feature...

Can you reproduce this bug? Or find out what you exactly did in regards to the theme changing? If this is a bug in Plus! it should be fixed ;)
RE: Instant WLM Shutdown? by Sandford on 07-22-2007 at 12:27 PM

all i gotta do is work backwards ;) so no problem I'll try and reproduce it (h5)