Shoutbox

i think plus should be skinnable - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: i think plus should be skinnable (/showthread.php?tid=76206)

i think plus should be skinnable by Shiny Rabbit on 07-19-2007 at 11:05 AM

it would be great if patchou would make skinning for plus (like the pop-ups and that) possible so if you got a really boss skin, or WLM 8.5 beta*,you could complete the look, if you like

*i read somewhere the next version of plus will be skinned like 8.5 somewhere, probably 1 of the stickies but yeah

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by NanaFreak on 07-19-2007 at 12:15 PM

it is very skinable... but its got defects with it... i was making a theme but yea i had to stop because i couldnt make a new theme =\

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Shiny Rabbit on 07-19-2007 at 04:03 PM

wow, i didn't accually know that, has anyone made 1 that goes with WLM 8.5 beta?

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by aNILEator on 07-19-2007 at 08:12 PM

Plus' 8.5 final release tie-in will most likelymatch the final 8.5 release theme.

It and the chat logs are currently skinnable via XML :

your avatar is similar to Bucky O' Hare :D

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Shiny Rabbit on 07-19-2007 at 08:18 PM

if there's at least a skin for toasts that plus generates then i'm happy

my avatar is accually jazz jackrabbit, the Out Of Dis World episode on the select screen that is, awesome game :D

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by NanaFreak on 07-19-2007 at 08:35 PM

yea ok as i said it cant be done for toasts...

RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!

in that post i did have pictures why, but i seem to have deleted them :$

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by CookieRevised on 07-19-2007 at 09:28 PM

There are still images in the first posts...

But I think Nana means the images of the "skinned" toast which isn't present anymore...

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by aNILEator on 07-20-2007 at 12:27 AM

woah i never saw the office based one before. HOT!

shame aero glass isn't a particular standard now too :(

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Patchou on 07-20-2007 at 04:28 AM

note: I'd still enjoy seeing a skin of Plus! very much. If you're having any kind of technical problems, email me about it.

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Shiny Rabbit on 07-20-2007 at 08:22 AM

is there any news on when WLM 8.5 will officially be released? i don't really check on these updates very often

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
New MP!L version with full skinning support that can also skin WLM without messing with WLM's files.... nooowwww!!! (Smilie)

now that's an idea^ hmmmm, will probably need to do a lot of things coding wise but everyone will love you, patchou

edit: didn't read about memskin plus further down the page
RE: i think plus should be skinnable by markee on 07-20-2007 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
note: I'd still enjoy seeing a skin of Plus! very much. If you're having any kind of technical problems, email me about it.
So did you fix up those other problems with the bar at the top being put in by plus and not being able to be changed in the XML? We never heard anything about this fix, maybe if we did then I would have forced NF to do it....
RE: i think plus should be skinnable by NanaFreak on 07-21-2007 at 03:28 AM

quote:
]= i did email you, and you just ignored me :'(

add me on msn to talk about it (A)
RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Patchou on 07-22-2007 at 05:13 PM

sorry for not replying.. I jsut get way too many emails sometimes... feel free to email me again (even if it's jsut a copy of your last mail).

As for the title bar of the windows, I'm not sure what you mean (I guess it would be best if you checked this yourself and let me know if you stiull have the problem with more details).

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Eljay on 07-22-2007 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Email sent by me, Jan 22 2007
Hey Patchou,
  As you know, a few of us from the forums have been trying to skin MP!L. Just one thing I have found which doesnt seem to be skinnable which is annoying and kinda sticks out... TitleBar's background. If you could just add some extra attribute to disable the background gradient. For example:
<TitleBar Style="None">
I hope this can be implemented soon so I can continue to work on my skin! :)

You never replied :( :P
RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Patchou on 07-22-2007 at 06:17 PM

I guess you could change the template to WindowTmpl for this kind of thing... but this may cause some other problems (I'd have to check the details).

Alright, as I really want to see one of your nice concepts be published on the site, I have added the option you needed. It will be in the next version :).

Note: if you need anything else than removing the titlebar's background, now is the time :).

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 06:36 PM

wiii, excellent..

Well, starting from this post, people talked about some other 'problems'. Though I dunno how much these are real problems or not.

eg: something todo with XML containing (or not?) the positions of child windows?

Better ask NanaFreak, etc....

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by NanaFreak on 07-22-2007 at 08:56 PM

thanks heaps Patchou ;o

and also one thing is (as cookie stated) it would be good if you could position the childwindows in the xml... just so that you can make plus look different...

thanks again Patchou

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Patchou on 07-22-2007 at 09:24 PM

well, you can already... when some of my interfaces use child windows, I add an invisible Element in the parent that I use to get the coordinates for the child.

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by markee on 07-23-2007 at 04:13 AM

You know, maybe you should have really told us all of his information BEFORE going on about how you wanted someone to do it.... it is kind of important :dodgy:....

Anyway, I can't remember anything else that was a real problem, but maybe someone should at least make a thread with all the little stuff (and half-sticky it) so that other people can find this out in the future if they wish to have a go at it.

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by NanaFreak on 07-23-2007 at 07:28 AM

how the hell could i have missed that... i didnt even read it when i was skinning plus =\

no the only bad thing is that i have to start from scratch with it due to the loss of my old hdd (R.I.P. =p) also i am not too good at doing the plus windows anymore 8-) but i will give it my all... once i get an alpha/beta of web2live out ;o

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Patchou on 07-25-2007 at 05:27 AM

I'll release one or two pages of doc about this with the next version but people visiting the forum probably won't learn anything new.

Also, as I know it's a lot of work, I promize I'll send something nice to anybody doing a skin of Messenger Plus! (and so you now, the next version will allow easier distribution of the files).

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Dempsey on 07-26-2007 at 03:36 PM

quote:
(and so you now, the next version will allow easier distribution of the files).
Does that mean some form of auto-install skin file like .plp and .plsc? 
RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Patchou on 07-26-2007 at 07:35 PM

you shall see :p

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Shiny Rabbit on 08-04-2007 at 10:03 PM

did nana accually make a skin? fill me in, i was on holiday the past 2 weeks

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by NanaFreak on 08-05-2007 at 03:55 AM

im working on it... the skin cant really be done overnight... i would have to just have to work on it non-stop all day and i dont think i would get it done then either... its a big thing to do all the plus interfaces... i had to think of the design and that and im starting on actually making the design now...

sorry that i have taken so long but with school, and sharing a computer and also coding Web2Live the skin has to wait a little =\

RE: i think plus should be skinnable by Shiny Rabbit on 08-07-2007 at 06:55 PM

i see, good luck with that, keep us filled in