Shoutbox

LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC (/showthread.php?tid=76240)

LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Chris4 on 07-21-2007 at 11:54 PM

Going to be a GREAT match!

It's on ESPN in USA btw.
I'm watching it online :wink:

Chelsea going to kick their asses, exp. Beckham's.

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by tony on 07-22-2007 at 12:15 AM

Link to watch it online?

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by M73A on 07-22-2007 at 08:11 AM

is beckham even playing? swear hes been bitching about some injury....

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Oxy on 07-22-2007 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
is beckham even playing? swear hes been bitching about some injury....
afaik No..
And moaninho (:tongue:) says he shouldn't play either... :dodgy:
No doubt, beckhams career will go downhill from here.
RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by steVenB on 07-22-2007 at 11:02 AM

Its been going downhill since Man Utd sold him.

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by absorbation on 07-23-2007 at 11:08 AM

Well they only lost 1-0, but America has mis-judged Chelsea and the press have blamed Beckham :P.

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Vimto on 07-23-2007 at 04:18 PM

LA Galaxy vs Chelsea FC :tongue:

Yeah Beckham only joined the second half with like 12 minutes to go :\ But I don't suppose you can blame him for the loss, but like M73A said he has been bitching about that ankle injury and with the attempted tackle from Steve Sidwell (I'm not sure if there was a connection or not) He's bound to be more bitchie.

I did expect the goal from chelsea to be from John Terry though, He's a good player.

In this interview of him I saw he said something about being amazed that the amount of press turned up, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure they were there for the more famous faces such as : Jennifer Love Hewitt, Eva Longoria, Tony Parker, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ray Winston. Sure there were more though :\

I think Galaxy played pretty well though considering their recent matches.

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Voldemort on 07-23-2007 at 04:28 PM

To be honest, all MLS teams suck, they get older, (yes, more experienced too) who's reflexes aren't what they used to be, or no-name players... that league sucks, really :p

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by M73A on 07-23-2007 at 06:40 PM

LOL good debut match for become... he LOST, signs of things to come for him me thinks :D

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Oxy on 07-23-2007 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
I did expect the goal from chelsea to be from John Terry though, He's a good player.
You expected a Center back to score? :undecided:
RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by user27089 on 07-23-2007 at 06:43 PM

To be honest, I think Beckham will bring the reputation of American football team up (as in soccer), and he'll bring LA Galaxy higher than they've ever been, it'll be fun to watch.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
quote:
You expected a Center back to score? :undecided:

rofl, dude some of us don't understand football too much.

To be honest, i don't have a clue what position most players play in, all I know is ball => goal.
RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Voldemort on 07-23-2007 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

To be honest, I think Beckham will bring the reputation of American football team up (as in soccer), and he'll bring LA Galaxy higher than they've ever been, it'll be fun to watch.
He's good, but not amazing.
RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by ddunk on 07-23-2007 at 08:43 PM

quote:
he has been bitching about that ankle injury and with the attempted tackle from Steve Sidwell (I'm not sure if there was a connection or not) He's bound to be more bitchie.
He suffered an injury the first day of practice, and that's why he didn't come in until around the 88th minute.

quote:
In this interview of him I saw he said something about being amazed that the amount of press turned up, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure they were there for the more famous faces such as : Jennifer Love Hewitt, Eva Longoria, Tony Parker, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ray Winston. Sure there were more though :\
No, they were definitely there for Beckham. There was so much hype around his debut the past couple weeks in the US. They're playing this like one of the biggest sports debuts in US history. It's interesting, but way overhyped.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I honestly doubt he'll bring soccer in the US to the level that Pele brought the it back in the 70s with the New York Cosmos. I doubt he'll come anywhere near close to that.
RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Voldemort on 07-23-2007 at 08:46 PM

If you ask me, Beckham is overhyped... he's not that good, many people can beat him easily...

RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Chris4 on 07-23-2007 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
If you ask me, Beckham is overhyped... he's not that good, many people can beat him easily...
True, but the Americans are crazy about him. I think he'll bring a lot of excitement to American 'soccer'.
RE: LA Galexy vs Chelsea FC by Voldemort on 07-23-2007 at 09:15 PM

Rofl, they suck then, thinking Donovan and Beckham are the biggest shiz ever