Shoutbox

So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) (/showthread.php?tid=76258)

So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-22-2007 at 08:54 PM

So have you read it?
Did you like it?

Although some small bits seemed a bit obvious, and I got the diadem horcrux right (woo, made a bet, $5 coming my way :D), I ENJOYED IT.

I loved "Not my daughter, you bitch!", it was absolutely amazing.
Albus Severus surprised me!

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Tasha on 07-22-2007 at 09:01 PM

Was a great book, I really liked it. It's not my favourite, PoA still holds that spot, but it wasn't my least favourite, either, it was good! I loved Dumbledore in this one... and learning everything about him. It really strengthened how much I like him as a character. I also loved Neville and McGonagall, and I was so sad about Lupin and Tonks, Fred, Dobby and Hedwig. ;_; I was pretty glad it turned out Snape was good. :P

My favourite line has to be: "Of course this is happening in your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-22-2007 at 09:05 PM

I love how Dumbledore is portrayed as a human, with flaws, temptations, problems, not completely good as a god or bad as Voldemort. Human.

Btw, ideas regarding the Dursleys?
They went successfully undercover, then what happened?
Dudley was a surprise:p

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vazza on 07-22-2007 at 09:39 PM

To be honest, I got to the end (in 15 hrs) and was disappointed. I think it was all the hype about it being the last book etc and then you get to the end and it and think "is that it?" I'm sorry to say but it seemed a little over too soon. I could have written a better ending and I didn't even take a course in proper literature writing.

All in all, I feel it was a poor ending to a fantastic series. It was dragged out too long, especially the whole Harry/Ron/Hermione thing. This book went the same as the films: crap

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-22-2007 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
All in all, I feel it was a poor ending to a fantastic series. This book went the same as the films: crap

Why, what was wrong? There are like a 1000000 different endings, depends on us, and JKR said , "some will love it, some will hate it, but i like it" (not textual.). I enjoyed it.
quote:
This book went the same as the films: crap

I disagree.... Some people not liking it doesn't mean that it is crap... just like music, Oh, I don't like Panic! at the Disco, It's crap!!! Then the guy next to you will say, hey, it's absolutely awesome!

Anyone who says it's crap and they could have done better, make a book that sells .1% of the amount of books Harry Potter has sold worldwide, (325 million from the first six books, on over 50 languages), which would be  325,000, and then we'll talk.

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vazza on 07-22-2007 at 09:52 PM

Hey I just posted my opinion of it, okay?

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-22-2007 at 09:56 PM

So did I... sorry if i looked mad, cause i wasn't :p

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vimto on 07-22-2007 at 10:03 PM

I absolutely love this book, took me just under 11 hours to read it (but that including dinner and tea), and I enjoyed every hour of it!

Everyone comes out of their shell a bit more, which can be shown with the excessive amount of "BITCH" and "BASTARD"'s :tongue: Love the "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" who knew she had it in her...

I think its hilarious when they swear.

Yeah voldie (R.I.P) the dursleys came as a big shock to me too, well not much the dursleys as dudley, I would have thought it would have been Petunia to say some sort of "sorry" or whatever it was Dudley meant. It kind of brought Dudley out of the bad and into the good side of things.
Speaking of bringing the bad into good, Draco Malfoy, he must have knew that when Harry and the others were captured in Malfoy Manor that it was indeed them, but he just kept replying "I don't know, could be" Or something like that. So he kind of helped.

It also, I think, has the most sorrow (obviously). But I really feel sorry for Snape. All along he has been in the right, after killing Dumbledore I had like a death wish on him, but now you find out he was in love with lilly and it was on Dumbledores orders that he killed him.

Poor Percy, finally comes back into the family and one brother has no ear and the other is dead.

Tonks and Lupins deaths were the most shockful to me, as they just had a baby :| Which I thought was a bit mean...

And bringing poor elves and animals into it was too much! I mean okay let the wizards die but leave hedwig and dobby alone!!

So obvious that Ron and Hermione were going to get it on :P Well they only kissed but they had kids so they did eventually. I think its good that Harry ended up happy.

I think this book is maybe one of the best because it actually ends on a happy note, with the characters getting married and having kids. I am not ashamed to admit that the book made me cry, but then again I cry really easily, at the end when you find out one of Harrys sons is called "Albus Severus" That really got to me.

Well thats all I have to say about that (Yeah I've like retold most of the story :tongue:) Overall I think JKR has really outdone herself with this book, bringing all of the characters to and end, one way or the other, but keeping the three main ones alive and with the knowledge of how they ended up!

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-22-2007 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
Tonks and Lupins deaths were the most shockful to me, as they just had a baby (Smilie) Which I thought was a bit mean...

yeah! :p but at least he's grown up nicely and naughty :p
I loved Mrs. Weasley, I thought she was going to get herself killed becuase she was mad.

I also liked when Harry thinks he saw it was DD's eye on the mirror, then gets to know it's Aberforth's and that he helped... that was cool.... Snape... well... he suffered a fate he didn't deserve but he knew what he was getting into... I think he considered Harry's fault that Lilly had died, because he wanted to kill the kid, not her, that's why Voldies offered her a chance... Snape wanted him to... so that's why he treated him bad, because when he saw him he blamed Lilly's death on him or he remembered James when he looked at harry, and it brought bad memories up again... He loathed Sirius because he refused to be their secret keeper.... He didn't deserve it, and he was really brave, indeed, never expected that....

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vazza on 07-22-2007 at 10:24 PM

So shall we start taking bets on the first fan fic title (well, the way that the book leaves it, it's open to those who can do so, to do it):

Albus Potter and the.......?

Start watching the usual haunts: fanfiction.net, deviantART.com....

* Vazza rofl

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 10:36 PM

For those interested, there is also a whole Harry Potter RPG simulation on SecondLife.... Highest form of fanfiction I'd say :p

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-22-2007 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Start watching the usual haunts: fanfiction.net, deviantART.com....
harrypotterfanfiction.com :p
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
For those interested, there is also a whole Harry Potter RPG simulation on SecondLife.... Highest form of fanfiction I'd say
Too bad it costs money!
Edit: wow, didn't know that, cookie... I'd consider the biggest for of fanfiction those that write this awesome 800 pages long fanfiction stories :p
* Voldemort considers joining secondLife
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 11:03 PM

[off topic]

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Too bad it costs money!
SecondLife is free... at least if you stick to the standard avatars and cloths and public available tools and all. You don't need to spend any penny if you don't want to. But for more specific things it would indeed cost some small pocket change money. But still a lot cheaper than other (online) games. That is, if you whish you could spend thousands of dollars (and earn millions) too of course. But basically, you can join and 'play' for free.
In fact, by doing nothing (that is: going to special places and sit there, or just 'dance' in disco Alohas for example) you can even earn money (Linden dollars) which you then can spend on cloths or whatever or even exchange back to real dollars.
[/off topic]

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by prashker on 07-23-2007 at 01:23 AM

Watching everyones reactions to spoilers was way better than the book :) (y).

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Jarrod on 07-23-2007 at 11:43 AM

it was ok but all the booke b4 it had been written better and had a different feel.
also thought they shouldn't have destroyed so many hourcluxes in one book

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Jarrod on 07-23-2007 at 12:09 PM

but they should have done one in each book or so, just because i the ending was rather forced like, oh crap it's the last book and i have all these looses ends

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Tasha on 07-23-2007 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
but they should have done one in each book or so, just because i the ending was rather forced like, oh crap it's the last book and i have all these looses ends

But the whole "beauty" of the books is that Dumbledore did not want to tell Harry about the Horcrux's until he felt the time was right... And he kept putting it off. An 11 year old Harry understanding and destroying Horcrux's? The whole thing with the book was that it built up, and things were discovered more easily near the end of the book, as their minds got more mature and they understood Voldemort better. I don't think the ending was forced, I think that as a character, Harry was realising, it's now or never, I've got to do this as fast as possible.
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Jarrod on 07-23-2007 at 12:28 PM

hary could have destroyed them unknowlingly like the diary or Dumbledore could have axed one in the 3rd and  4th one
i still liked reading it just a little less than the others

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Tasha on 07-23-2007 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
hary could have destroyed them unknowlingly like the diary or Dumbledore could have axed one in the 3rd and  5th one
i still liked reading it just a little less than the others

He couldn't have destroyed them unknowingly, as he was hardly going to go to Dumbledore "oh, let me carry Gryffindor's sword around with me so I can stab random things".
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by toddy on 07-23-2007 at 05:21 PM

http://www.break.com/index/harry-potter-spoiled.html

RE: RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vimto on 07-23-2007 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
http://www.break.com/index/harry-potter-spoiled.html

Those guys are asses

That woman dressed as hedwig is funny
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by joey on 07-23-2007 at 06:15 PM

tbh, ill always prefer the films rather than the books, i read and like a lot of them, but this HP stuff doesnt appeal to me, northern lights ftw! :P

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by M73A on 07-23-2007 at 06:39 PM

hm, prequel series about dumbledore and voldemorts youth? spin off about harry and rons kids?

hope not (yn) :|

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Nathan on 07-23-2007 at 07:13 PM

By far my favourite book :), I loved the ending.
When JK rowling said that it would be hard to carry on, it doesn't seem that hard tbh... I'm not saying I could do it myself but still, it'd be fairly easy.

So much for the last work being scar (though she did say it might change)

RE: RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vimto on 07-23-2007 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
hm, prequel series about dumbledore and voldemorts youth? spin off about harry and rons kids?

hope not (yn) :|

Yeah I think that would be pretty boring. I think that a spin off about Harrys parents youth would be really interesting, and to see how Lilly and Snapes friendship grew and how she went from loathing James to them eventually getting together.
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by toddy on 07-23-2007 at 11:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
Those guys are asses

That woman dressed as hedwig is funny
no there funny.

i've read all the other books, but haven't bought this one yet. n i still found it funny. if you're only buying the book to find out the small details (aka who die's, who lives), then why bother. it'll be all over the net with in minutes of the book going on sale.
if you're buying the book then you should enjoy whether you know the outcome or not

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by RebelSean on 07-24-2007 at 04:34 AM

Ok I'm lazy, who died in the book and how did they die? My mom is reading the book at the moment, so she'll tell me when she's done with it, but I'm extremely curious to know. What happened?!

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by aNILEator on 07-24-2007 at 10:24 AM

you forgot snape

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by John Anderton on 07-24-2007 at 10:25 AM

Loved the book. My favourite has to be OotP or HBP. I think it will be the earlier :P Pretty close :)

Half of my comment lies in this other post with a note pointing how JKR kept tradition in this book. (Thanks to Saral for posting that in the first case. Hadn't noticed that before :))
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=75...d=838761#pid838761

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Lourix on 07-24-2007 at 01:36 PM

quote:
To be honest, I got to the end (in 15 hrs) and was disappointed. I think it was all the hype about it being the last book etc and then you get to the end and it and think "is that it?" I'm sorry to say but it seemed a little over too soon. I could have written a better ending and I didn't even take a course in proper literature writing.

All in all, I feel it was a poor ending to a fantastic series. It was dragged out too long, especially the whole Harry/Ron/Hermione thing. This book went the same as the films: crap

To be honest I think this book was too over rated as Vazza said (sort of) there. But I did find it enjoyable for 18 pound, XD. I have to admit though some of the book was a bit boring, but thats my opinion. "The Seven Potters" chapter and "Battle of Hogwarts" had to be my favorite chapters.
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by vaccination on 07-24-2007 at 03:35 PM

heh. I wasn't too keen on the ending. Well, no the ending was fine, but I didn't like the last sentence, and agree with ffc when he said the second last sentence would have been better(about him feeling his scar)

Still awesome book, enjoyed it.

Edit: I also think Voldermorts death coulda been a bit more spectacular. The whole scene was great but kinda lost it's awesomeness when he died of a backfired curse. And I didn't like that throughout the whole book, Harry did not cast a killing curse. Hey, I like it evil :P

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Nathan on 07-24-2007 at 03:44 PM

That's exactly what I said, they could of made the fight a bit more "action-packed" because expelliarmus isn't exactly "cool" :P

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-24-2007 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
That's exactly what I said, they could of made the fight a bit more "action-packed" because expelliarmus isn't exactly "cool"
The point was, as far as I understand, Voldemort's ignorance, shows that voldemort wasn't anything but a guy skilled at the dark arts
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Nathan on 07-24-2007 at 04:36 PM

Yes, though throughout the book it showed this, so I was hoping for a slightly better end tbh :)

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by ayjay on 07-24-2007 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
That's exactly what I said, they could of made the fight a bit more "action-packed" because expelliarmus isn't exactly "cool" :P

Nah, as it said early on in the book, Expelliarmus had become his "signature move", shouldn't have been a different one :P

I thought the ending was kinda boring. Yay, the bad guys are good, everyone's married to each other with children. The whole of the "19 years later..." chapter was a bit of an anticlimax :P

The Battle of Hogwarts was awesome though, McGonagall was amazing :P
"... a herd of galloping desks thundered past, shepherdd by a sprinting Professor McGonagall. She appeared not to notice them. Her hair had come down and there was a gash on her cheek. As she turned the corner, they heard her scream, "CHARGE!"" <3

EDIT: Oh, also, I remember someone saying after the 6th book that Harry became the 7th Horcrux when Voldemort tried to kill him. Oh, that's right, it was me! :P
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-24-2007 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay

EDIT: Oh, also, I remember someone saying after the 6th book that Harry became the 7th Horcrux when Voldemort tried to kill him. Oh, that's right, it was me!
You weren't the only one :p
quote:
"... a herd of galloping desks thundered past, shepherdd by a sprinting Professor McGonagall. She appeared not to notice them. Her hair had come down and there was a gash on her cheek. As she turned the corner, they heard her scream, "CHARGE!"" <3
Yeah!! ""He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk." was cool too :p
I loved, "Not my daughter, you BITCH" it was really awesome:p

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by markee on 07-25-2007 at 01:49 PM

Did anyone else find that the book seemed to have been written more for a movie plot than the other books? And that JRK had also repeated some things throughout the book (like similar patterns in similar circumstances.... the "accio" on the founders objects for just one example) and the new use of the ":" which made some sentences/paragraphs seem to just change completely as if it were a totally new train of thought?

I must say that the book was great in general, especially how well it spaced the peaks of excitement, but their were many flaws IMO.  She could have also re-written the first few chapters as well I think, they seemed a little rushed with many storylines being pushed through at a quick pace and not letting them live whereas there were a lot more moments towards the end of the book where she seemed to stretch out the story line to make sure that the book ended up with the same amount of pages as the previous.

There were many great things about the book but there were many other things that I didn't like about the book, like they realised the power of non-wand hadling creates, but still waited for them to act rather than asking them or offering them refuge if they didn't.

Also I don't think this book stopped anyone from creating more books about the battle between Harry and Voldemort, mainly because of how Harry touched his scare at the end, it almost makes me feel as though Harry is sensing (just faintly) that Voldemort might still live.  I do realise this is very ridiculous seeing as though the part of Voldemorts soul isn't in Harry anymore, but then you also have to remember that he has some of Harry's blood with his mother's protective curse.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes of it all.

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by RebelSean on 07-25-2007 at 06:48 PM

I read the last chapter of the book, so Dumbledoor is not dead :o?

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Tasha on 07-25-2007 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean

Um, yes, he's very much dead. Albus Severus Potter is the son of Harry and Ginny. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is the dead one who was killed in book 6. :P
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by vaccination on 07-25-2007 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean

Um, yes, he's very much dead. Albus Severus Potter is the son of Harry and Ginny. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is the dead one who was killed in book 6. :P
I think he's referring to the bit when he's having the talk with Harry maybe? But that's in his head still, which is why I guess he made harry answer most things :P
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-25-2007 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

I think he's referring to the bit when he's having the talk with Harry maybe? But that's in his head still, which is why I guess he made harry answer most things :P
Yeah, it happening in his head would explain how DD knew everything that happened after his death :p
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Tasha on 07-25-2007 at 08:06 PM

quote:
quote:

Yeah, it happening in his head would explain how DD knew everything that happened after his death :p

Yes, but how on earth would Harry's mind make up all the truth about the things Dumbledore told him? :P I think he was "dead" but not dead enough to see everyone else and be in the afterlife, since I think that only a part of him died, not all of him. Maybe because Dumbledore knew what was going to happen, he was waiting for him? I don't think Harry made up all the stuff Dumbledore told him. :P
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-25-2007 at 08:09 PM

He still had stuff to do :zippy:, before he passed on :p

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by vaccination on 07-25-2007 at 08:26 PM

Maybe he made Harry a horcrux too :zippy:

RE: RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by markee on 07-25-2007 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:
quote:

Yes, but how on earth would Harry's mind make up all the truth about the things Dumbledore told him? :P I think he was "dead" but not dead enough to see everyone else and be in the afterlife, since I think that only a part of him died, not all of him. Maybe because Dumbledore knew what was going to happen, he was waiting for him? I don't think Harry made up all the stuff Dumbledore told him. :P

You know that the easy way of saying that would have been along the lines of the conotation from the Chapter title and the scene in which they were in, ie. Kings Cross = Crossroads

* markee shakes his head at Tasha
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-25-2007 at 11:36 PM

* Voldemort shakes head at markee

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Cloudly on 07-26-2007 at 07:26 PM

So what does everyone think of Ron and his marriage ? :)

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Nathan on 07-26-2007 at 07:27 PM

I like it, they were ment to be :)

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-26-2007 at 07:30 PM

Ron is a bitch.

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Cloudly on 07-26-2007 at 07:32 PM

Straying a little aside. Who's seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
I like Ron's person the best :D
he is a bitch ? :'(
Ohh yeah... I have to say Voldemort is the best . yeah Voldemort is great I love that little guy

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-26-2007 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudly
I like Ron's person the best (Smilie)
he is a bitch ?
He must have been under the influence of the Horcrux, but I didn't like what he did :p
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 07-26-2007 at 11:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
So sweet <3
aaawwww
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Rolando on 07-27-2007 at 12:15 AM

eawwww

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Lou on 07-27-2007 at 10:28 PM

I have read the book now. Personally, I love the ending. I love the way it all just fits together. I love the way Dumbledore made a mistake, not thinking Harry would be able to want his own death so much for the security of others that it would give him another chance. I find it truly amazing that Harry faced him, not as Voldemort, but as Tom Riddle, and that he was able to scare him more than he was ever scared himself, simply by staying calm and explaining the truth. I believe that if he had not spoken, not told him the truth of everything, that he may just have been killed a second, final time. I think it's great that this proves the point that magic was only what the wizard made it to be. Harry used it for protection, while Tom used it for death, hoping for protection to come with it. the killing curse, once again, rebounded because of the difference between wanting to live, and killing others in the hopes of staying alive forever. I believe there to be a huge difference there, especially since Harry was actually prepared to die as long as others lived. Voldemort would have been prepared to live, as long as others died; he could not stand life if he couldn't decide who lived and who died. He had to be the one that decided.

This is a great book, and has beat the third one as my favourite.

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by toddy on 07-28-2007 at 01:18 AM

:dodgyomar:

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Volv on 07-28-2007 at 03:54 AM

Wow Lou, A+ for that essay :p

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by John Anderton on 07-28-2007 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Absolutely (Y)
RE: RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Vimto on 07-28-2007 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudly
Straying a little aside. Who's seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

Rofl at that.

"Snape. Snape, Se-ve-rus Snape... DUMBLEDORE!
Snape. Snape, Se-ve-rus Snape... DUMBLEDORE! RONN!
Snape. Snape. RONN! Se-ve-rus snape RONN WEASLEY! DUMBLEDORE!"
(After that gets a bit too complicated :P)

Rofl also "Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Ooooo! Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Ooooo! Harry Potter Thats me!

"I found the source of the ticking, its a pipe bomb... YAYYYYYYY!"

*BOOOOMMMM!"

"MUHAHAHAHAH... VOLDEMORT VOLDEMORT VOL VOLDIE VOLDEMORT

Thats gave made me laugh so much. :P

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Cloudly on 07-28-2007 at 11:28 AM

:D
there's a whole site of them here:
http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Volv on 07-28-2007 at 03:01 PM

Teeheehee
http://volv.net/?p=29

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Lou on 07-29-2007 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Absolutely (Y)

I know for sure that if I were able to meet J.K Rowling, there are LOADS of questions I would ask her. She said she may write a Harry potter Encyclopaedia, though she said not right away. I hope she does because too many questions were left unanswered (no matter how much I liked the final book).
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by ayjay on 07-29-2007 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
I hope she does because too many questions were left unanswered (no matter how much I liked the final book).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

Apart from the ones she answers there, I doubt she'll answer everything. I recall her saying in some interview she wanted to leave plenty to debate about :P
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Nathan on 07-29-2007 at 01:01 PM

I gave him that link on msn ages ago :P

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Volv on 07-29-2007 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Apart from the ones she answers there, I doubt she'll answer everything. I recall her saying in some interview she wanted to leave plenty to debate about :p
I don't understand how anyone can debate about 'stuff', I can't see myself in a conversation arguing - or even discussing - what happened to the Dursley's etc. for more than about 20 secs :P)
Since she hasn't explained anything I think it's safe to say that they all live happily ever after and get on with their lives... And really, does it even really matter?
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by ayjay on 07-29-2007 at 01:23 PM

quote:
I don't understand how anyone can debate about 'stuff', I can't see myself in a conversation arguing - or even discussing - what happened to the Dursley's etc. for more than about 20 secs (Smilie))

Well no, most normal people wouldn't. There are plenty who would though :P

quote:
And really, does it even really matter?

No :D
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Rolando on 07-29-2007 at 01:35 PM

supercalifragilistic expidalidocious!!

I mean...

avada kedavra!

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Zahid™ on 07-30-2007 at 09:58 AM

Story was good (y), i knew snape was still on the good side. The ending was good, but the way harry named his children james, lily was  a bit lame. I think it should have explained how lupin and tonks died.

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by RebelSean on 08-05-2007 at 05:41 AM

quote:
quote:

Yeah I'm talking about the last chapter, before the epilogue, Harry mentions seeing Dumbledore?
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 08-06-2007 at 12:11 AM

You guys did see the online chat with her, right?
http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156

over 120,000 submitted, a 150 of those were mine.

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by vaccination on 08-06-2007 at 08:46 AM

quote:
You guys did see the online chat with her, right?
http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156

over 120,000 submitted, a 150 of those were mine.
seen it <3
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Joe on 08-10-2007 at 06:06 PM

I was so caught up with work and other things that it took me ages to finish this book... it was very hard to avoid any information on what happened throughout the book, especially wit this thread sitting atop the 'latest posts' for a good while after the book was released, and with a couple MSN Display names destroying the ending.

As for the book itself, i found it amazing, not my favorite (Azkaban).. but a very close second.

ANy movie made for the book will need to be around 4 hours to do a decent representation of the events in this book. IMO

RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!) by Voldemort on 08-11-2007 at 02:35 PM

agreed about last bit